Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2018, 02:43 PM   #61
thymebalm
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoJetsGo View Post
We went through this and you went from stating over-exaggerated stats that were not close to an every game basis to moving the goalposts before conceding your frustrations were getting the better of you. Regardless, if you'd like to discuss that again or how you don't care for my posting, feel free to message me directly as to not derail this thread.

I stand by what I said about Iginla and the inventing of hard feelings between he and the team by some people. I don't think that was at all unfair.
Dude, Brodie is bad. But this is so off-topic, isn't this thread about Jankowski?

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Until Jarome officially retires he'll always be a welcome addition to the Flames in my eyes. Every team needs a Bourque or Anderchuk for a playoff run. A rallying point for the team. Not that I expect the Flames to even make the playoffs this year but you get the point.
Old 02-21-2018, 02:46 PM   #62
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I'm not making anything up. It's called an opinion.
Your opinion is suggesting some kind of ill will resides within Iginla about returning here. That is making something up, as you have no knowledge as to his thoughts on the subject. It's also contradicted by comments he made before this season started. You're entitled to an opinion on anything you'd like. This just happens to be a poor one.
GoJetsGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:49 PM   #63
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Iggy has publicly said he wishes to continue playing hockey. To suggest Iggy would rather sit out an entire season rather than sign with the Flames is complete folly.

If an NHL club offers you a deal; you take it.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #64
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Your opinion is suggesting some kind of ill will resides within Iginla about returning here. That is making something up, as you have no knowledge as to his thoughts on the subject. It's also contradicted by comments he made before this season started. You're entitled to an opinion on anything you'd like. This just happens to be a poor one.
Ill will? Where do you get that? All I said is that he seemed happy to move on and likely doesn't have an interest in returning. You are making things up to fit your narrative here.

The facts are that he was happy to move on, moved his residence to Boston, is practicing with their farm team and over the past few years, has played in other cities not named Calgary. Those are facts and that is what I am basing my opinion on. You can disagree with the conclusion, but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Iginla wants to return and some evidence to suggest it's not on his radar.
Old 02-21-2018, 03:05 PM   #65
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Ill will? Where do you get that? All I said is that he seemed happy to move on and likely doesn't have an interest in returning. You are making things up to fit your narrative here.
No, I'm not. You're now attempting to back-track, and apparently not even aware of what you've said an hour ago:

Quote:
I don't think the Flames have a grudge against him, the opposite actually.
You flat out inferred he holds a grudge against the flames.

Quote:
but there is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Iginla wants to return and some evidence to suggest it's not on his radar.

I've mentioned it three times now and you just keep pretending not to have seen it. There were some quotes before this season Iginla made about the Flames looking for a RW wondering if that might be a fit. That doesn't line up with your contention at all.
Old 02-21-2018, 04:00 PM   #66
Red_Baron
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Everyone who played for the Avs last year sucked but most have bounced back.

MacKinnon's production has doubled,
Landeskog's production is up 75%
Barrie is up 56%
Former Flames whipping boy Comeau is up by 50%
Heck even Iginla's production went up by 63% after being traded to the Kings.

Even if he plays 15 games and scores 5 goals, it would be a big boost to our playoff hopes. No picks or prospects need to be moved in order to obtain him, no need to mortgage our future so we really have nothing to lose. If it doesn't work out and we miss the playoffs, this gives him a chance to go out fighting as a Calgary Flame, not this one day contract crap-I hate that.

Also, the wear and tear of an 82 game season is much different than a 15-20 game sprint. What he lacks in in-game conditioning, will likely be offset by not having 58 games of wear and tear. His conditioning or the ability to play a full NHL season has never been an issue.
Red_Baron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:23 PM   #67
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Iggy has publicly said he wishes to continue playing hockey. To suggest Iggy would rather sit out an entire season rather than sign with the Flames is complete folly.

If an NHL club offers you a deal; you take it.
He is not signing with the flames. Get over it.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 04:50 PM   #68
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You flat out inferred he holds a grudge against the flames.

Show me where I inferred that.
Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 PM   #69
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Show me where I inferred that.
I just did. I mentioned you seemed to be suggesting a grudge between the Flames and Iggy and you stated you thought it was the opposite. I honestly think you're starting to be obtuse.

In either case, you do this all the time when this topic comes up. You're angry there's sentimentality on a fan fourm about the team's greatest player ever. You think it's a bad idea, so you've constructed this notion both sides want nothing to do with one another in order to look down on those who are discussing it.

Except Burke said in the off season they took a long hard look at Iggy:

Burke said his Calgary Flames took a long, hard look at not only Jaromir Jagr but also 40-year-old Flames icon Jarome Iginla—a potential signing of “a very serious veteran player” that would have rocked Alberta.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...k-sam-bennett/

It was also speculated Iginla was open to it (as he wanted to continue playing):

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=475

You can think whatever you want. But when you take a position that you seem to have some knowledge of what both sides are thinking in order to quash discussion, it deserves to be called out.
The Following User Says Thank You to GoJetsGo For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 PM   #70
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I just did. I mentioned you seemed to be suggesting a grudge between the Flames and Iggy and you stated you thought it was the opposite. I honestly think you're starting to be obtuse.

In either case, you do this all the time when this topic comes up. You're angry there's sentimentality on a fan fourm about the team's greatest player ever. You think it's a bad idea, so you've constructed this notion both sides want nothing to do with one another in order to look down on those who are discussing it.

Except Burke said in the off season they took a long hard look at Iggy:

Burke said his Calgary Flames took a long, hard look at not only Jaromir Jagr but also 40-year-old Flames icon Jarome Iginla—a potential signing of “a very serious veteran player” that would have rocked Alberta.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/b...k-sam-bennett/

It was also speculated Iginla was open to it (as he wanted to continue playing):

https://forum.calgarypuck.com/showpo...&postcount=475

You can think whatever you want. But when you take a position that you seem to have some knowledge of what both sides are thinking in order to quash discussion, it deserves to be called out.
And I honestly think you are trying to troll me. I did not infer there was a grudge anywhere. I never thought it, said it or inferred it anywhere. I don't think you know what the word "grudge" even means. It's the only possible explanation here.

All I said is that he seemed happy to move on from the Flames (which he obviously was at the time, it's not even debatable). That is not the same as a grudge. Not even close. Show me the exact post where I inferred a grudge exists between the Flames and Iginla.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-21-2018 at 06:10 PM.
FlamesAddiction is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2018, 08:28 PM   #71
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
And I honestly think you are trying to troll me. I did not infer there was a grudge anywhere. I never thought it, said it or inferred it anywhere. I don't think you know what the word "grudge" even means. It's the only possible explanation here.

All I said is that he seemed happy to move on from the Flames (which he obviously was at the time, it's not even debatable). That is not the same as a grudge. Not even close. Show me the exact post where I inferred a grudge exists between the Flames and Iginla.
I've shown you twice by quoting your exact post, and you're pretending you don't see it, just like you've missed now 4 times my illustrating to you that there was obviously some discussion about the Flames looking at Iginla prior to this season starting.

Quote:
I don't think the Flames have a grudge against him, the opposite actually. I think if Iginla wanted to be a Flame again, it would have happened long before now. He moved on quite happily, and so should the fans. It's kind of sad that people still dwell on him like this.
Unless by "the opposite actually" you're suggesting the Flames have some affinity for him (which would contradict your suggestion they have never been interested and moved on), you clearly meant that Iginla has a grudge saying immediately after if he wanted to be a Flame again it would have happened.

In either case, I'm not interested in your moving the goal posts to try and avoid taking responsibily for your high and mighty attitude about this topic.

You continously assert both sides were never interested (something you don't know and are wrong about based on quotes from Burke posted above) and toss out gems like:

Quote:
It's kind of sad that people still dwell on him like this.
Flames fans dwell on the greatest player to wear this jersey on a site where the point is for fans to discuss Flames related topics. Yea, sad indeed.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:38 PM   #72
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would be an amazing story if he made it onto the Bruins for their playoff run. Nice to see him out there with a professional hockey team in genera though.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2018, 08:44 PM   #73
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've shown you twice by quoting your exact post, and you're pretending you don't see it, just like you've missed now 4 times my illustrating to you that there was obviously some discussion about the Flames looking at Iginla prior to this season starting.
See, now I know you are trolling. All I see is a post where I said that there is no indication he wants to return. That is not what a grudge is. Maybe you need to consult a dictionary to continue the discussion.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:47 PM   #74
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
See, now I know you are trolling. All I see is a post where I said that there is no indication he wants to return. That is not what a grudge is. Maybe you need to consult a dictionary to continue the discussion.
lol, you obviously have zero reading comprehension. What you said is crystal clear.

In addition to that, you've conveniently not answered anything else I've pointed out to you that pokes holes in your contention and illustrates your intention to stymie any discussion about this topic calling anyone who does so sad.

Great contributions.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:37 PM   #75
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey, I know what I wrote and what I meant. If you had a misunderstanding, then fine or don't want to accept after the fact that I don't believe there is a "grudge", then fine, knock yourself out.

If he has indicated he wants to come back to Calgary and I missed it, then fine, I stand corrected and don't mind being wrong on that. But don't put words in my mouth by saying I said (or inferred/implied) that he holds a grudge against the Flames. I never remotely did that and anyone reading back can see that.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-21-2018 at 09:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 09:43 PM   #76
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Hey, I know what I wrote and what I meant. If you had a misunderstanding, then fine or don't want to accept after the fact that I don't believe there is a "grudge", then fine, knock yourself out.

If he has indicated he wants to come back to Calgary and I missed it, then fine, I stand corrected and don't mind being wrong on that. But don't put words in my mouth by saying I said (or inferred/implied) that he holds a grudge against the Flames. I never remotely did that and anyone reading back can see that.
Then you did a poor job of articulating it. But as I said, you've made it very clear what your overall point is when this topic has come up in the past, and it's extremely condescending to call it sad that Flames fans want to discuss it. You're welcome to avoid the topic. Instead you continue to spread this manufactured notion neither side has ever had any interest to try and stymie discussion. That's what's sad.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:37 PM   #77
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Then you did a poor job of articulating it. But as I said, you've made it very clear what your overall point is when this topic has come up in the past, and it's extremely condescending to call it sad that Flames fans want to discuss it. You're welcome to avoid the topic. Instead you continue to spread this manufactured notion neither side has ever had any interest to try and stymie discussion. That's what's sad.
You're right, I will avoid the topic. I am not enjoying this exchange, and from reading other threads, it sounds like not too many people like discussing things with you. I don't particularly like doing things that aren't fun, so I relent. Have fun trolling others in the future. Obviously you are missing something fundamental in your life to act the way you do and I feel sympathy more than anger at this point. I hope whatever your demons are bothering you will be far behind you when you reach maturity.

I am realizing after hearing your anger and arrogant replies, why after 16 years on this forum, the 5 month hiatus I took was probably worth it.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-21-2018 at 11:40 PM.
Old 02-21-2018, 11:53 PM   #78
GoJetsGo
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
You're right, I will avoid the topic. I am not enjoying this exchange, and from reading other threads, it sounds like not too many people like discussing things with you. I don't particularly like doing things that aren't fun, so I relent. Have fun trolling others in the future. Obviously you are missing something fundamental in your life to act the way you do and I feel sympathy more than anger at this point. I hope whatever your demons are bothering you will be far behind you when you reach maturity.

I am realizing after hearing your anger and arrogant replies, why after 16 years on this forum, the 5 month hiatus I took was probably worth it.
It's funny that the guy who came in here calling everyone that was discussing the topic the thread is about "sad" is the one resorting to pointing fingers about anger, lacking maturity etc. Don't think I've seen a more desperate attempt at a personal attack in a long time.

As I said to begin with, if you'd just stated an opinion without resorting to making things up and calling others who are nostalgic sad, it would have turned out a lot more constructive.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:40 AM   #79
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks for the lovely PM you sent me. I have to post my response here because you said you would delete the replies before reading them. I am worried about your well being, things will get better for you. There is help out there. I know you said that you wouldn't read the responses, I just want you to be safe and I truly mean that. It's important that you know people can help. Rage issues can be managed and if a discussion board makes you feel the need to PM someone with a sling of personal insults and no opportunity for rebuttal, it is probably time to take a step back. There is a whole world out there with important issues worth crying about, and Iginla's future plans is not one of them.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 02-22-2018 at 01:10 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesAddiction For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 08:43 AM   #80
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/AmalieBenjamin/s...99055601668096

@AmalieBenjamin: As a number of people have pointed out, Iginla is wearing an @AHLBruins jersey, LA Kings pants and an Avalanche helmet. I assume his heart belongs to Calgary. But no Penguins love?
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote