Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-26-2018, 08:15 AM   #21
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

The defensive AI in NHL 18 is useless. Every time I pressure the puck carrier in my own zone, I have to hope and pray that my CPU teammates are covering other players. Usually, my prayers are unanswered, and the red light behind my net turns on. It's a miracle I haven't chucked my controller st my TV.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:30 PM   #22
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

The EA NHL series is a lot like AutoCAD; skip every other year, it isn't worth doing it yearly.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2018, 01:33 PM   #23
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll just do what I did for NHL 18 and wait for it to come out on the EA Access vault.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 01:33 PM   #24
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As poorly developed a game as NHL actually is, I still have a ton of fun playing EASHL with friends so I definitely get my monies worth. This season our club of around sixteen players just cracked a thousand wins on the year which I don't ever recall doing, especially during those lean years on the Fatas, lol. (I'm kidding)

On my club 6's is vastly preferred as we refer to 3's as "clown mode" although I would have to admit, learning 3's does make you become a better player, more skilled and understand man-on-man (did I actually just write that in my CP post) defensive responsibilities. I'm extremely hopeful that the new "RPM" tech brings much-needed improvements to puck pick-ups or the dreaded "I just crushed that player only to have him get up before me, grab the puck and score" scenario, lol. The new Pro Am circuit looks like a blast with 1 v 1 v 1 looking to be a lot of fun and the specialization loadouts for EASHL will be a welcomed addition if done properly.

It's always around this time when I'm super hyped for the next iteration of NHL to come out although I'm sure as usual after about a month of playing NHL 19, I'll start to become more optimistic about NHL 20
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Iceman57 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 04:58 PM   #25
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by codynw View Post
They're not bringing GM Connected back because nobody played it.
Because it was done horribly. I'd make trades, then sim the week only to find out some other GM traded for the same guy before I did. The game had no system to track trades. It was an absolute mess. The other issue I had was one guy would play a ton and make all the trades he wanted while the rest of us who played more casually would come back to see the one guy stacked his team.

If they do it properly it could be good.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 06:49 PM   #26
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because it was broken. But if fixed it would be so amazing
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 09:46 PM   #27
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Perhaps they're right and they have more analytics on people who want it back vs. people who don't care... but I hate the excuse that nobody played it. It straight up barely worked. Menus took upwards of 10 seconds to navigate from page to page (and you had to dig through multiple pages to do anything).

I'm totally open to the idea that I've fallen into the trap of thinking that people like me are more numerous than they are, but it sure feels like if they could monetize it better they'd work it back in.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2018, 11:28 PM   #28
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

The only mode they really want people playing is HUT.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 12:26 PM   #29
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm glad I don't support ea Sports anymore. The last game I got from them was Fifa 16 on computer and I just keep modding it using moddingways updates. EA Sports Games burn in hell

Last edited by White Out 403; 07-02-2018 at 12:49 PM.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 02:38 PM   #30
codynw
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I'm glad I don't support ea Sports anymore. The last game I got from them was Fifa 16 on computer and I just keep modding it using moddingways updates. EA Sports Games burn in hell

Not just EA sports, all of EA could close and I wouldn't really care.

Last thing I bought from them was Titanfall 2 and it was like $6.
codynw is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to codynw For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2018, 10:17 AM   #31
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I dont understand all the hate towards the EA sports NHL games. I buy them each year and have a blast playing. Play online versus, or offline versus with buddies, my son plays pretty much every other mode as well.

Its a damn video game, have some fun with it!
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2018, 10:37 AM   #32
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8sPOT View Post
I dont understand all the hate towards the EA sports NHL games. I buy them each year and have a blast playing. Play online versus, or offline versus with buddies, my son plays pretty much every other mode as well.

Its a damn video game, have some fun with it!
And if people start boycotting the NHL series, we may be without one for a long time unless 2K steps in.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 11:31 AM   #33
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah I definitely still like the series and can have fun with it every year, but it does strike me as unfortunate that there isn’t a competitor out there and that the market probably isn’t healthy enough to sustain one. There were some years that I preferred the 2K series over NHL.

I’ve been playing a bit of Pro Evolution Soccer and it reminded me of how refreshing it can be to play a different studio’s take on the sport. Fifa’s still the flashy front runner, and PES has its own issues, but the gameplay is polished and fun in a different way.
Old 07-04-2018, 11:36 PM   #34
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

I stopped buying these. Doesn't sound like I'm missing much.

Do they still remove features only to re-introduce them as "new" every 3-4 years?
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr.Coffee For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2018, 12:11 AM   #35
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Supposedly 5 man celebrations are finally in the game.
Who honestly cares about this? Fix all the problems before giving us the shiny parts of the game.

Id rather not score ####ty glitch goals than celebrate with 5 ####ing teammates
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 05:58 AM   #36
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Who honestly cares about this? Fix all the problems before giving us the shiny parts of the game.
Says everyone every year this game is released with "features" like this. Last year it was that they added mascots to the crowd, IIRC.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 06:53 AM   #37
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

In the end, the NHL series doesn't sell enough copies for any company to truly care about truly investing in it...let alone a company like EA. They know they'll sell about 800k copies every year and there are unlikely to be features that truly make an impact on the sales numbers. So they are content to simply tweak what they have and have those 800k buy the game again. It's likely a nice little earner for them every year and that's about it.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ernie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-05-2018, 02:40 PM   #38
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

After buying every year for the last 7 or so I'm going to skip this one and maybe all future years. There's just no confidence that they're going to make significant improvements to the actual gameplay.

The roster update would be nice come October with what's going to be a major overhaul to the Flames lineup but I've just built it in HUT instead with Neal, Lindholm, Hanifin, Ryan, and Czarnik. Plus with the hilarious ice tilt I'm beating guys with all legends or elite players anyway.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 02:58 PM   #39
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
After buying every year for the last 7 or so I'm going to skip this one and maybe all future years. There's just no confidence that they're going to make significant improvements to the actual gameplay.

The roster update would be nice come October with what's going to be a major overhaul to the Flames lineup but I've just built it in HUT instead with Neal, Lindholm, Hanifin, Ryan, and Czarnik. Plus with the hilarious ice tilt I'm beating guys with all legends or elite players anyway.
If you're into HUT I guess they are giving some "incentives" for previous owners.

Quote:
For owners of NHL 16, 17, or 18 who return to 19, packs and items will be awarded incrementally for each year of ownership, granting rewards to returning players:
  • 2 HUT packs for your first year of ownership, 3 more packs for your second year of ownership, and 5 more packs if you own all three.
  • 1 HUT Cover Athlete item per year of ownership, Jonathan Toews for owners of NHL 16, Vladimir Tarasenko for owners of NHL 17, and Connor McDavid for owners of NHL 18.
  • 1 World of Chel Hockey Bag per year of ownership
https://www.easports.com/nhl/news/20...loyalty-offers
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2018, 03:18 PM   #40
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whoever it was at EA that decided to embrace the stupid nickname "Chel" needs a good smack in the head.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote