Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2022, 10:43 PM   #1421
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funniest part is Brady and the Bucs will probably still be hosting a playoff game this year.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 11:04 PM   #1422
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the playoffs started today, the Eagles, Vikings, Seahawks, and Falcons would be hosting playoff games in the NFC.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 08:06 AM   #1423
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Just watch the Panthers win on the weekend and become the defacto #1 team in that Division.

The funny thing though is it's not like someone better or more deserving will lose out of a playoff spot because the 3-3 Rams have the 7th seed right now. 10 teams in the NFC with losing records right now.

Any other year I would say things will normalize and better teams will emerge. But I'm not so sure if that will really happen this year.
Old 10-28-2022, 09:57 AM   #1424
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen announce divorce after 13 years

https://www.ctvnews.ca/mobile/sports...ears-1.6129214
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2022, 10:09 AM   #1425
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would think that they had other issues and this was a the last straw as it would be pretty crazy if things went from great to divorce just because he played one more season. Has to sting for Brady that the season has been a dud so far and he may have been better off staying retired.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 11:17 AM   #1426
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I would think that they had other issues and this was a the last straw as it would be pretty crazy if things went from great to divorce just because he played one more season. Has to sting for Brady that the season has been a dud so far and he may have been better off staying retired.
Yeah, maybe like a plan to retire after proving himself in Tampa Bay only to have Tom say, nah, I'm gonna run it back 2 more times.....and maybe more.

As an immediate family member you'd have to be looking at him with a sense of disbelief that at this point the guy can't do something to put his family first after a nearly 20 year playing career and nothing left to prove.

I don't blame her at all and really, have to commend her for drawing a line. Would be pretty awful to go through this never-ending cycle with him as now nearly a shadow of his former self.
Old 10-28-2022, 12:05 PM   #1427
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
Yeah, maybe like a plan to retire after proving himself in Tampa Bay only to have Tom say, nah, I'm gonna run it back 2 more times.....and maybe more.

As an immediate family member you'd have to be looking at him with a sense of disbelief that at this point the guy can't do something to put his family first after a nearly 20 year playing career and nothing left to prove.

I don't blame her at all and really, have to commend her for drawing a line. Would be pretty awful to go through this never-ending cycle with him as now nearly a shadow of his former self.
I don't know as it's certainly not a never-ending cycle as professional athletes all have an expiry date. He's 45 not 65 and still has a long life ahead of him. We don't know the dynamics of how things went down when deciding to come back but it's clear they had a disagreement and she decided to scrap the marriage over it. I just find it a little hard to relate to a wife being that upset over her husband working one more year at the age of 45. That's not real life for most people.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:29 PM   #1428
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Most husbands don't have a decent chance of having their brains scrambled at any moment while at work though.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:30 PM   #1429
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

concussions, CTE and other injuries are not real life for most people either. I can understand a spouse being pissed if you still choose that risk over your family at 45.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:33 PM   #1430
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah that's one is tough.

Because really this is his only shot at having that career...he can't retire now and then at 48 go back to work in the NFL...it's not like other careers where maybe you could make that call.

Now the question is more was a decision made for him to retire so she could focus on her career, that would be different.

But if it was just more the grind of the NFL season and wanting him to be around home more then I think you need to let the person go for it one last time because they will resent it forever if they feel like they retired early against their own wishes.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 12:34 PM   #1431
Kasi
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well now he knows he’s going to kill his marriage and not likely even make the playoffs. That team is hot garbage now and just lost Shaquil for the year. Of course likely his marriage was shaky already without this but you gotta question his decision making.
Kasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2022, 01:29 PM   #1432
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bet he makes the playoffs and has a home game, I don't buy the Falcons, they'll fall off down the stretch. But I guess in that dumpster fire division, you can have the wheels completely fall off down the stretch and still get in, so we'll see.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:42 AM   #1433
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

The thing about Brady this year is its not a case like Peyton and Brees where their arms just went noodle. Brady is still throwing the ball well. It just seems mental with him this year, making poor reads and bad decisions you don't normally see. Maybe he snaps out of it, or maybe he doesn't. And as much as I agree Atlanta is not a good team either, they also might have beat the Bucs if not for the phantom call to end all phantom calls, and the Bucs would be 2-6 right now. Their offense has been terrible every game this season, even against the Chiefs there was a lot of garbage yards to plump things up.
Old 10-29-2022, 10:33 AM   #1434
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The play of the Buccaneers defence should also not be overlooked. Since the Chiefs game it also has fallen back a lot. Teams are running it down their throat when it used to be a fools game to try and run on them. Devin White was dominated by the Ravens and he likely had the worst month of his career in October.

The offence not moving the ball and having a lot of short drives is playing a part in this. The Chiefs and Ravens are the only games where the number of plays and time of possession was swayed one way. But it's a unit that's maybe not used to having to play this much and usually takes the field with a few points on the board. Now the injuries are starting to add up.
Old 10-29-2022, 12:04 PM   #1435
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

came across the Eagles' scoring so far. This is absurd

devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 12:09 PM   #1436
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lattimore, Thomas, Landry all out yet again, with injuries originally predicted to last about 2 weeks. I'm so done with my team's season, good lord...I just wish my division would allow me to fully check out of it.
Old 10-29-2022, 03:26 PM   #1437
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
Buffalo would get a SB just like Minneapolis did.

Vegas needed a dome if they want to hold anything else there in the late spring/summer/early fall when it's 40c...just like Phoenix.
When Minneapolis hosted the Super Bowl, it had 7,874 hotel rooms:

https://tcbmag.com/twin-cities-hotel-boom/

Buffalo, on the other hand, has about 2,385 or did in 2019 when this article was written:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/lo...9-ed768d206c03
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 09:24 PM   #1438
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
came across the Eagles' scoring so far. This is absurd

Eagles to cover in the first half, and betting under at half time have been good plays this year. They tend to build these leads and opponents can't get back in the game.
Old 10-29-2022, 09:50 PM   #1439
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
When Minneapolis hosted the Super Bowl, it had 7,874 hotel rooms:

https://tcbmag.com/twin-cities-hotel-boom/

Buffalo, on the other hand, has about 2,385 or did in 2019 when this article was written:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/news/lo...9-ed768d206c03
Easy fix. Just bring in like 10 cruise ships and problem solved...
Old 10-30-2022, 09:53 AM   #1440
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

The Jaguars offence in the second half looks absolutely awful. Outside of running with Etienne there is nothing to be had. Throwing against this Broncos D seems pretty pointless.

Tags
football , gambling , red zone