Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2022, 11:53 AM   #1261
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Seahawks...like many I over estimated Wilson's impact on that team, they might finish 8-9 or 9-8.

Which, with how bad the NFCW has been so far, could actually win the division.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 12:11 PM   #1262
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I'd tell you that you're wrong and that San Francisco will turn it around...but it's possible that they're sitting at 3-4 after this week with two of their wins being Division games at home. So yeah any team in that Division with a 9-8 record and 3 wins in the Division might well win it. I think the Rams win against the Falcons is the only win that Division has against another team with more than 2 wins.
Old 10-18-2022, 12:34 PM   #1263
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1582436012340707328

fight somebody for a device in the morning, use it to watch some football in the afternoon. What a time to be alive!
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 06:20 PM   #1264
PostandIn
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
They should just award John Schneider executive of the year right now. If he’d waited another year the Hawks would have got maybe a single third rounder for Wilson.
Man, what a fleecing. With updated stats.

https://twitter.com/hawkblogger/stat...lczYX1RSo46nTA
PostandIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 11:54 PM   #1265
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostandIn View Post
They should just award John Schneider executive of the year right now. If he’d waited another year the Hawks would have got maybe a single third rounder for Wilson.
That's nonsense.

This is less on Wilson and more on ####ty coaching and much, much worse OL.

Seattle is a playoff team with Wilson.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:32 AM   #1266
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
why haven't you been posting about hockey?! I was worried about you
Old 10-19-2022, 06:39 AM   #1267
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
That's nonsense.

This is less on Wilson and more on ####ty coaching and much, much worse OL.

Seattle is a playoff team with Wilson.
Not sure about that. The stats don't paint a good picture for Wilson as he's been straight up bad and the Seahawks could be a playoff team without Wilson.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 07:13 AM   #1268
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Seattle almost certainly has the same record with Geno as with Wilson right now, there hasn't been a single Seahawks game they've lost this year you could claim they would have won had they had Wilson. Russ isn't making their defense not terrible. The better question is would the Broncos be 3-3 or even 4-2 with Teddy still as QB? I think they beat the Colts and maybe the Chargers too with Teddy. Russ has been legitimately a bottom 5-10 QB this year. Hackett is terrible, without a doubt, but so is Russ right now.
Old 10-19-2022, 08:07 AM   #1269
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

Russ has been putrid. Broncos got duped.
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:00 AM   #1270
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Seattle almost certainly has the same record with Geno as with Wilson right now, there hasn't been a single Seahawks game they've lost this year you could claim they would have won had they had Wilson. Russ isn't making their defense not terrible. The better question is would the Broncos be 3-3 or even 4-2 with Teddy still as QB? I think they beat the Colts and maybe the Chargers too with Teddy. Russ has been legitimately a bottom 5-10 QB this year. Hackett is terrible, without a doubt, but so is Russ right now.
The Broncos defense has been one of the best in the the NFL this season. They should be 4-2. You can make a case Surtain is the best CB in the league. This team is somewhat similar to the Bears the first season they added Mack but were saddled with Trubisky at QB. That team did make the playoffs though.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:10 AM   #1271
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem with Wilson is he plays to pad his stats and trying to win a MVP and not within the system to win games.

Once he realized he is Rusell Wilson and not Tom Brady, Lamar Jackson, Aaron Rodgers, Patrick Mahomes I think they can win games with running the ball and play action which is how he won in Seattle.

It seems like the guy is having an identity crisis with these dumb videos. He tries way too hard to be something he isn't on the field and off the field and it is impacting his team. Mr. Unlimited lol.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:21 AM   #1272
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Russ has been ass but the offence is idiotic as well. The city has clamoured for the shanahan offence for 20 years and now that there’s someone who could probably run it fantastically they have some clown OC HC trying to turn the 5’11” guy into a pocket passer behind a makeshift line.

If anyone is curious the entire city, both media and fans, have predictably turned on Hackett and Wilson for the most part. But the quarter billion dollar man isn’t going anywhere. I stick to my prediction that the bye week may be the end for the Hackett error.

The DC is baller though. Even with some major injured Denver’s defence is pretty great.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:22 AM   #1273
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

I have said for a long time now that Wilson is a phony and a diva. When TB went to the super bowl a couple years ago, he is sitting up with Goodell sulking because he "deserved" to be playing. He needs to realize that he has a super bowl ring based on the all world defense. Guy thinks he is Brady, Rodgers etc. No he isn't. This looks good on him. LETS RIDE
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #1274
Paulie Walnuts
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Russ has been ass but the offence is idiotic as well. The city has clamoured for the shanahan offence for 20 years and now that there’s someone who could probably run it fantastically they have some clown OC HC trying to turn the 5’11” guy into a pocket passer behind a makeshift line.

If anyone is curious the entire city, both media and fans, have predictably turned on Hackett and Wilson for the most part. But the quarter billion dollar man isn’t going anywhere. I stick to my prediction that the bye week may be the end for the Hackett error.

The DC is baller though. Even with some major injured Denver’s defence is pretty great.
Hackett was with the Packers at OC by name, he didn't call plays, or anything seems like it was just to have a buddy for Rodgers to have in the room. Packers look awful as well but the offensive line play is awful, and they don't have any receivers.

You can just look at Chicago with Luke Getsy garbage offence, Joe Barry running the Packers "vaunted" defence which is garbage as well. Don't hire from the Packers staff it's a discount bin of coaches.
Paulie Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:26 AM   #1275
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Does anyone else think Herbert maybe told the Chargers that he's not going to fall for the needle to the ribs trick and that's why his throwing still looks off?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sylvanfan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2022, 11:32 AM   #1276
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
Does anyone else think Herbert maybe told the Chargers that he's not going to fall for the needle to the ribs trick and that's why his throwing still looks off?
He doesn't look right to me.
Old 10-19-2022, 03:31 PM   #1277
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

What a franchise...

https://www.audacy.com/theteam980/sp...-winner-claims

Quote:
The prize for the Washington Commanders Charitable Foundation 50/50 raffle for the game on Sept. 12 against the Jacksonville Jaguars was $29,645.

Now, the winner of that prize claims the check he received, for $14,822 from the “Washington Football Team Charitable Foundation” bounced.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #1278
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
The culture is actually damn good
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:46 PM   #1279
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Despite the reputation, Dalton seems to force it this season more than Jameis does (minus when they're down late and you have no choice). To have a 9 minute drive and come away with nothing is brutal.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 06:55 PM   #1280
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saints Achilles heel is running QBs, and that's basically all they have the next few weeks here. Speaking of heels, Bradley Roby just got carted off with a foot injury. That's their top 3 CBs out now. That's...not ideal.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football , gambling , red zone