Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-02-2020, 09:10 PM   #1
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default Big Brother 22 - Premieres August 5

This season premieres Aug 5th and it's apparently an all-star season.

From what I've read online they wanted to announce the cast last week but had to delay due to a couple positive covid cases.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 09:21 PM   #2
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Big Brother US is so repetitive now.

My wife and I watched the Australian season that just finished airing and it's 50x more interesting than watching the same competitions over and over again in the US version and people intentionally losing for strategic purposes.

It's also just a lot more entertaining overall IMO. That being said, I'll still watch this season but every season feels the same now and they've been more annoying than anything lately.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:58 AM   #3
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

An all-star season hopefully means no showmances and that everybody will be playing the game right from the start. I've seen the rumored names, if it is true I hope the old-school players stick together and go far.

There are also some real head-scratchers for potential returnees who are not quite all-star worthy. Gonna wait until the premiere before passing judgement though, the rumored cast seems to be changing daily.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 03:28 PM   #4
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

If the cast rumours are true, they're using the term "all stars" very loosely
Old 08-03-2020, 08:01 PM   #5
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has there ever been a better time to be locked in a house for months away from the outside world?
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 09:25 AM   #6
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
If the cast rumours are true, they're using the term "all stars" very loosely
I agree but honestly I was expecting worse. Some of the names on the cast are legends. Then you got some nobodies
savardandjokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 10:13 AM   #7
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

I guess Christmas accidentally said in an email she will be on this season
Old 08-04-2020, 10:16 AM   #8
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also heard a rumor Josh M and Kaycee both were supposed to be on but tested positive for covid (crowded Florida nightclub a couple weeks ago) so not sure if they'll be on or not
Old 08-04-2020, 10:41 AM   #9
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I hope Paul isn't on it. Was gross watching people trip over themselves to be in his group.
Although, was satisfying watching him lose twice.
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 05:48 PM   #10
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
I hope Paul isn't on it. Was gross watching people trip over themselves to be in his group.
Although, was satisfying watching him lose twice.
He confirmed he wasn’t on a bit ago
savardandjokinen is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 AM   #11
Igotnothing
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Big Brother US is so repetitive now.

My wife and I watched the Australian season that just finished airing and it's 50x more interesting than watching the same competitions over and over again in the US version and people intentionally losing for strategic purposes.

It's also just a lot more entertaining overall IMO. That being said, I'll still watch this season but every season feels the same now and they've been more annoying than anything lately.
How did you watch the Aussie version? I've been busy the last two summers and didn't tune in, also didn't really miss it. But I'm tempted by the Aussie version.
Igotnothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:14 PM   #12
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igotnothing View Post
How did you watch the Aussie version? I've been busy the last two summers and didn't tune in, also didn't really miss it. But I'm tempted by the Aussie version.
Just streaming sites online, I can send you a link if you'd like.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 01:20 PM   #13
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Yeah at this point I’d recommend just watching other countries or old US seasons.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:59 PM   #14
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
I hope Paul isn't on it.
After initial rumors had him on he now appears not to be (that's a good thing... Paul is so annoying). It's a returnee season but I wouldn't really call them all-stars (but really most reality all star seasons aren't... it's a few stars and a bunch of folk who said "yes").

Anyways I'm excited for the season. Some interesting names floating out there. Ian Terry, Memphis, Da'vonne, Nicole Frazel, Dani D, Janelle.

Still seems weird that we're going to have an All-star season with no Dan/Derek/Dr. Will/Vanessa Russo/Rachel/Britney but I'll take it.

Last edited by Parallex; 08-05-2020 at 04:03 PM.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 08:49 PM   #15
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Me and my wife are watching, and for the first time in a while I'm really excited for the season

There's a few mis-cast all stars for sure (Bayleigh and Keesha are two of my least favorite all time) but in general there's some great competition

Cody, Tyler, Ian, Danielle, Janelle, Kaysar and Nicole are some of my favorites so this should be fun at least
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 09:12 PM   #16
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Should be at least a somewhat interesting season....so glad Paul isn't on. Or Rachel
Old 08-05-2020, 11:36 PM   #17
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Should be at least a somewhat interesting season....so glad Paul isn't on. Or Rachel
I'm just happy we're getting a season. I'm grateful for every morsel of normalcy I can get these days and Big Brother in the summer is a morsel of normalcy. And it's a good cast maybe not a great cast but a good cast. Probably a different feel this year since the cast are almost entirely either married or in long term relationships so no one will be trying to make showmances.

I'm rooting for Ian again and I almost forgot how much Memphis gets on my nerves.

So nice to have it back in all it's cheesy glory
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Parallex For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 12:01 AM   #18
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Surreal to see Kaysar and Janelle in BB in 2020, BB6 was the first season I watched when it was airing. Love that those two, along with Daniele, Keesha, Tyler, and Nicole A are on this season.

Cody and Memphis are probably in because they couldn't get Derrick and Dan.

I also heard a couple of crazy rumours during the preseason about Nicole F. First one was that she was upset she wasn't in initial cosideration to be cast and called the BB producers to complain about it. Second was that Dan and Derrick were going to be on this season and were pregaming and talking strategy together a month ago but Nicole found out and let the producers know, which lead to them getting taken off the cast.

I don't believe the second one even though Derrick himself alluded to it, I doubt the producers would take them out for pregaming. I can see the first one happening though, Nicole F would whine about anything on Amazing Race.

Also heard that Josh and Paul were going to be on this season, glad neither of them are on. BB19 was one of the worst seasons ever and putting them back in with another follower in Christmas would be just awful.

It's great that David gets a second chance but I'm not sure this is the season or theme to do it. Would be great to have a second chances season full of early boots and people who got screwed by twists.

Thought the comps were a good way to start the season. Poor Ian looked like he was full of anxiety like at the start of his first season.

Glad that we're getting a season, it didn't look like it was going to happen at the start of this summer.

Last edited by mile; 08-06-2020 at 12:03 AM.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:43 AM   #19
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm so glad Josh isn't on the show. I consider him one of the worst winners ever and probably the most annoying. Happy to see Kaysar back. I agree with mile that Ian looked a bit overwhelmed. It will be interesting to see how this season plays out as of now it's hard to figure out which players will hit things off and work well together. If you are a fan of showmances this may not be your season.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #20
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
I also heard a couple of crazy rumours during the preseason about Nicole F. First one was that she was upset she wasn't in initial cosideration to be cast and called the BB producers to complain about it. Second was that Dan and Derrick were going to be on this season and were pregaming and talking strategy together a month ago but Nicole found out and let the producers know, which lead to them getting taken off the cast.
Ha! Nicole has a lot of haters, don't believe that for a second. I think Nicole F was probably on the shortlist from the get go and if the producers were going to eliminate people for pregaming we probably wouldn't have a season at all because all these people know each other IRL and they've probably all been DM'ing each other for weeks if not months. Yes, Ian looked very overwhelmed... but that's just Ian. He'll get over it in a day or two (I fear for the safety of the backyard hammock thou).

My Thoughts on the episode...

1: The qualifying round challenges were so boring who thought that having 16 minutes of that would make good TV? Also it was really unfair to the women.

2: Cody was surprisingly impressive. Not in the HoH win... that's not unexpected but he seemed very aware in the DR after "low percentage chance", "will of the house" "rather have convos come to me".

3: If Janelle can get through the first few weeks I think she has a good shot. She's very dangerous but I think her rather unimpressive showing in BB14 and the long distance between BB7 and now may have made the newer cast forget that and the older cast will probably look at her a early game ally.

Last edited by Parallex; 08-06-2020 at 09:12 AM.