Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2021, 06:55 AM   #201
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

I’m surprised at the amount of alien talk.

We have American military officials acknowledging the authenticity of these tapes, seemingly showing tech that the United States does not have. Who’s talking about aliens? It’s potentially a terrestrial threat.

With the air to water one, they sent a submarine in looking for wreckage. These aren’t hallucinations or made up stories by a lone individual in the middle of nowhere.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:45 AM   #202
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

These are worth a watch.

Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:01 PM   #203
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
I’m surprised at the amount of alien talk.

We have American military officials acknowledging the authenticity of these tapes, seemingly showing tech that the United States does not have. Who’s talking about aliens? It’s potentially a terrestrial threat.

If not aliens, who is it? Hydra?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 01:36 PM   #204
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
If not aliens, who is it? Hydra?
I like these theories:

1. Splinter society: It's possible that humans in the far distant past achieved advanced technology and now live in a splinter society that we cannot perceive due to a technology gap. Our biology has hasn't changed for 200,000+ years and everything other than monumental stone architecture turns to dust after 10,000 years.
2. They are puppets for inter-dimensional beings who can't directly interact with us, so they create something similar to our own paradigm of 'having bodies' and 'riding in ships' that they can control and use to interact with our world.
3. Time traveling humans from the future
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 03:21 AM   #205
Snuffleupagus
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
The vastness of space put the odds of a probe randomly getting to Earth, or anyone finding our probes, at a minuscule chance, I can't see it happening. Unless their probe was sent to us, it's not going to randomly end up somewhere we would ever detect it.
Did you miss the part where I said "If and a big if"?

Seriously though, even if Aliens could pin-point our planet the odds of them or even one of their probes getting here would be something between ridiculous and impossible
Snuffleupagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 08:38 AM   #206
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matata View Post
I like these theories:

1. Splinter society: It's possible that humans in the far distant past achieved advanced technology and now live in a splinter society that we cannot perceive due to a technology gap. Our biology has hasn't changed for 200,000+ years and everything other than monumental stone architecture turns to dust after 10,000 years.
2. They are puppets for inter-dimensional beings who can't directly interact with us, so they create something similar to our own paradigm of 'having bodies' and 'riding in ships' that they can control and use to interact with our world.
3. Time traveling humans from the future

Ah the Atlantis theory, or even trying to answer the questions around the end of the Mayans.

They have UFO's now and Atlantis now survives in a multi-dimensional nexus which render's it invisible to our eyes and ears.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 11:48 AM   #207
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not saying this is related to the phenomena discussed, but it is interesting on the tangent that is being discussed. This video was released this week:

Old 04-29-2021, 09:05 AM   #208
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Ah the Atlantis theory, or even trying to answer the questions around the end of the Mayans.

They have UFO's now and Atlantis now survives in a multi-dimensional nexus which render's it invisible to our eyes and ears.
What are your theories about what the Tic tac might have been?

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:37 AM   #209
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I don't know, I mean if I'm thinking of the right episode, its the Flir video with the radical maneuvering object. IIRC the pilot never got eyes on the target, so I don't know if it could have been a maneuver issue that exaggerated the movement, or a camera fault, or an artifact.

I don't doubt the existance of alien life out there, and other intelligent races. I always have doubts about them finding us, just due to the vastness of our galaxy let alone universe. Its literally the micro needle in a haystack the side of the sun to me.

Old 04-29-2021, 09:40 AM   #210
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

It was just an airplane. All the "sudden movements" are just the camera moving as it gimbals, loses and reacquires lock, changes lenses, changes zoom, etc.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #211
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

It's not out of the realm that if intelligent alien life exists, they might have located us with their massive telescopes and know about our existence as well. We do the same thing, with our ability to detect potential habitable planets. They might have telescopes equally as powerful and with methods to determine that intelligent life exists here (e.g. satellite orbits, light pollution, etc.). They could also be listening to radio broadcasts we emit from our location.

The universe is vast but even we have the technology to go looking for stuff and listen in. It would stand to reason other life could potentially be doing the same thing.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 09:44 AM   #212
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
It was just an airplane. All the "sudden movements" are just the camera moving as it gimbals, loses and reacquires lock, changes lenses, changes zoom, etc.
The overlings will probe you first.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2021, 09:48 AM   #213
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

4 pilots in 2 fighters had eyes on it, plus the FLIR pod as well as the carrier battle groups air defense radar. Fravor (wing commander) said the Tic Tac also jammed his fighters radar.

karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to karl262 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2021, 09:49 AM   #214
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
The overlings will probe you first.
Did overlings probe them all the way through? Were they made out of meat?

Last edited by FlameOn; 04-29-2021 at 09:55 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 10:00 AM   #215
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post
4 pilots in 2 fighters had eyes on it, plus the FLIR pod as well as the carrier battle groups air defense radar. Fravor (wing commander) said the Tic Tac also jammed his fighters radar.
What people say is irrelevant. What matters is what can be demonstrated.

Maybe it was aliens, maybe it was some physics breaking craft from a hidden civilization from the core of the earth.

But like I said, if I see a hoof print, it could be a zebra or a unicorn, but it could also be a horse so the hoof print is not evidence of unicorns.

The video alone is not evidence of anything.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2021, 10:25 AM   #216
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl262 View Post

That's not what I read in one of the pilot interviews, it wasn't eyes on it was Flir on.

Old 04-30-2021, 01:36 AM   #217
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

I came across this paper a while ago on Youtube channel:

https://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/2004/2004.03968.pdf

There is a lot of complicated math that I don't understand, but some of the points made are interesting.

They calculate, based on the number of stars and estimated planets, that there are/were likely 36 intelligent civilizations in the Milky Way. The number actually ranges between 4 and over 200, but 36 is the number they settled on.

The catch is that based on the age of the galaxy, it is likely that the peak for intelligent civilizations in the Milky Way was 5 billion years ago. They also suggest that from the time that an intelligent species begins exploring the stars, it would take on average 3000 years to locate another civilization and another 2000 years after that to set up 2-way communications. Just not practical given our life spans. Basically, if ancient Egyptians started exploring the stars when the pyramids were constructed, we would be lucky to have finally established contact today. It would be a project that would take 150 generations to complete.

It's based on some assumptions, like the time from when genesis occurs to how long evolution takes to produce complex life, and then intelligent life. These assumptions are obviously Earth-centric, but there are reasons to believe certain biological principles would be universal as they are based on chemistry and physics principles that are universal. It also assumes that a planet where complex life evolves, there will be at least one species that evolves to be human-like intelligent life. Given the number of species that have ever existed on Earth and only one has evolved to that point, it might be a stretch to think that it is likely to occur on another planet. Evolution doesn't have a goal for higher intelligence, it's all about surviving in your habitat. It could be extremely lucky that the habitat here facilitated that once.

Last edited by FlamesAddiction; 04-30-2021 at 01:39 AM.
FlamesAddiction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:01 AM   #218
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm no evolutionary biologist, so I could have this wrong, but I'm not sure it's entirely true only one intelligent species evolved on earth. Neanderthals and humans share a common ancestor, but if you imagine that they stayed separate for longer, to the point where mating didn't produce viable offspring, we could have had 2 intelligent species. Since they successfully mated, it all blended back to one.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:11 AM   #219
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Since they successfully mated, it all blended back to one.
I don’t think we are hybrids. Homo Sapiens exterminated the neanderthals. We have some small traces of their DNA.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2021, 07:17 AM   #220
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We have less than we used to, but it was as high as 9%.

https://humanorigins.si.edu/evidence.../interbreeding

That indicates there must have been more than a just a little mixing. If it's 1-4% now, you could imagine it may have been higher in the further past.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote