Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who do you think gets to meet Lucile first?
Glenn 66 47.14%
Rosita 0 0%
Daryl 10 7.14%
Michonne 2 1.43%
Abe 31 22.14%
Maggie 4 2.86%
Rick 2 1.43%
Sasha 2 1.43%
Aaron 7 5.00%
Carl 1 0.71%
Eugene 14 10.00%
Somebody else 1 0.71%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #2021
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

After 7 years invested I finally pulled up my big boy pants and bailed on the show after the 2nd or 3rd episode of this season. Any reason for me to binge watch or is the rest of the season basically the same old show on decline? I don't need any spoilers but if it's still the same cast doing the same stupid things I probably don't need to see it. While it was great to see Carl's character put out of his misery it's the Carol, Morgan, and Michonne characters that I find unwatchable and ruin the show for me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 09:24 PM   #2022
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
After 7 years invested I finally pulled up my big boy pants and bailed on the show after the 2nd or 3rd episode of this season. Any reason for me to binge watch or is the rest of the season basically the same old show on decline? I don't need any spoilers but if it's still the same cast doing the same stupid things I probably don't need to see it. While it was great to see Carl's character put out of his misery it's the Carol, Morgan, and Michonne characters that I find unwatchable and ruin the show for me.
It's worth watching just for the episode where the group is attacked by a herd of zombie cows.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2018, 10:42 PM   #2023
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

The show is at a spot where tuning out now would be easy. No major plot threads hanging, no big unanswered questions. I have a feeling the drop in viewership will steepen next year.

Suppose it will be interesting to see what they do to market the next season.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 09:09 AM   #2024
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
The show is at a spot where tuning out now would be easy. No major plot threads hanging, no big unanswered questions. I have a feeling the drop in viewership will steepen next year.

Suppose it will be interesting to see what they do to market the next season.
Well....they captured Negan...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 11:06 AM   #2025
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

They could really use a change of scenery, like going back to a large city or something. I don’t know if it would add some freshness to it, but I found the early episodes in Atlanta interesting.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2018, 11:18 AM   #2026
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiri Hrdina View Post
It's worth watching just for the episode where the group is attacked by a herd of zombie cows.
C'mon, that was just a rehash of the Big Bernie storyline and you know it.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2018, 03:13 PM   #2027
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Andrew Lincoln to leave the show after season 9:
http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/...exit-season-9/
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 03:34 PM   #2028
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
I guess the show will officially gain soap opera status at that point.

Bold predictoon: Rick fully rehabilitates Negan and anoints him as the new leader before dying/being kidnaped by the helicopter people and never being heard from again.
iggy_oi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 04:02 PM   #2029
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For me the fact that Fear the Walking Dead has been better the last two seasons also made it harder to be engaged this year.

Season 9 might be a good time to end it, though I'm guessing that's not how it will happen. Money talks!
8sPOT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:46 AM   #2030
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Rumors is Andy is only going to appear in 6 episodes.

I surely hope they end it after season 9, I can't see Norman Reedus carry the show. His acting isn't anywhere near what Andy brings to the table.
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:52 AM   #2031
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto-matic View Post
Rumors is Andy is only going to appear in 6 episodes.

I surely hope they end it after season 9, I can't see Norman Reedus carry the show. His acting isn't anywhere near what Andy brings to the table.
And they seem like over the past season and a half they've been phasing him out. I think we've seen a lot less of him lately than we have in prior seasons.

That and the advent of his motorcycle show kind of give me the impression that hes more or less done with TWD.

Lets be honest though, we're talking about a show going into Season 9. Thats a decade of work for these actors, thats a lot to commit to. It really does make sense that they should be thinking of wrapping it up.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 08:55 AM   #2032
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm just expecting Rick to go in the most unspectacular fashion ever. Like having a heart attack or just dying in his sleep.

Last edited by Otto-matic; 05-30-2018 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-30-2018, 08:59 AM   #2033
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I'm just expecting Rick to go in the most unspectacular fashion ever. Like having a heart attack or just dying in his sleep.
You know what, I'm a pretty big fan, but I dont know how they're going to do this.

I understand people's criticisms of the show being rinse/repeat and even I'm getting tired of red-eyed crazy Rick's sadness.

I dont know how its going to go, I'm a fan so selfishly I hope it keeps going as long as its good, but Rick's death could lead to a rejuvenation of the storyline that could give this show a little bit of much needed fresh air.

As long as Rick is around we sort of know how the story goes.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:06 AM   #2034
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You know what, I'm a pretty big fan, but I dont know how they're going to do this.

I understand people's criticisms of the show being rinse/repeat and even I'm getting tired of red-eyed crazy Rick's sadness.

I dont know how its going to go, I'm a fan so selfishly I hope it keeps going as long as its good, but Rick's death could lead to a rejuvenation of the storyline that could give this show a little bit of much needed fresh air.

As long as Rick is around we sort of know how the story goes.
I think if they introduce another group with a established leader (New lead actor) they can transition from Rick over to the new group. Or if they merge the FTWD cast with the TWD cast?

I still tune in every sunday so it'll be a weird change if and when this ends.

I do think JDM can carry this show, I hope they can keep him on as long as possible. Every scene he's in I'm glued.
Old 05-30-2018, 09:09 AM   #2035
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think if they introduce another group with a established leader (New lead actor) they can transition from Rick over to the new group. Or if they merge the FTWD cast with the TWD cast?

I still tune in every sunday so it'll be a weird change if and when this ends.

I do think JDM can carry this show, I hope they can keep him on as long as possible. Every scene he's in I'm glued.
I agree and disagree.

I agree that hes an awesome actor and an excellent character and could carry the show, but I was always under the impression that an actor of his quality wouldnt want to be tied to something like this long-term.

I always felt that Negan was going to be a short-lived character who has kind of already been around too long, granted that was mitigated by his not being involved in every episode.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:14 AM   #2036
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would JDM want to carry the show though?

I think one of the problems is they seem wed to filming in Georgia which prevents them from having the characters go to far. So we get this sorta small but of movement, but the same scenery.

It'd be awesome if they set out cross country, maybe they hear rumour of a thriving city or something that they have a goal of getting to on the west coast, or Vancouver Island was a safe zone or something, and they could spend several seasons traversing the country and dealing with the challenges of that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-30-2018, 09:28 AM   #2037
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should try to wrap it up soon with some kind of definitive conclusion. Find a cure, asteroid collision, find some kind of real civilization - I mean, at this point there could be some normal civilization operating somewhere nearby to a metropolis that they haven't heard about.

But without Rick, I think the show will seem a bit adrift. It won't even be like the Walking Dead at that point, but some kind of spin-off. That's my feeling anyway. I don't even have any expectation that JDM would stay on long-term or for anything more than a few infrequent appearances. None of the other actors are really a glue that could hold the show together, so ultimately it would collapse anyway, so I just hope they have some strong writing and make next season the best they can and go out on a high note.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 09:29 AM   #2038
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking back onto the S8 Finale with the setup of a Civil War. Could Rick be a casualty from Maggie's group trying to take out Negan.

Have both groups splinter and we transition over to another group of survivors that integrate in with whomever remains?
Old 05-30-2018, 10:39 AM   #2039
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

If they really wanted to do it right, they would have Rick sacrifice himself or die in some sort of effort that finally finds a cure.

Then put a bow on this series.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 10:41 AM   #2040
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
If they really wanted to do it right, they would have Rick sacrifice himself or die in some sort of effort that finally finds a cure.

Then put a bow on this series.
I actually kind of agree.

Its going to be 9 seasons, thats a hell of a run and it probably would be one of the top series on TV right now if not for Game of Thrones. Almost certainly the top Network show.

Thats something you can hang your hat on, but they've got some excellent actors that probably want an opportunity to move on with their careers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post: