Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-19-2019, 02:26 PM   #21
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Its on purpose. Its how they get ratings.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2019, 06:49 PM   #22
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like things might be turning around this week based off the nominations:
Spoiler!

I'm glad Nicole stayed, it was hard watching her get bullied for most of Wednesday's episode.

Jack finally gets the edit he deserves. Him and Bella are the worst. The way he talked down to Kemi like she was a 5-year old was so cringy.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 07-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #23
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Still fairly early but holy crap this season just took a massive nosedive after giving me a glimmer of hope.

Cliff is a moron and deserves to go home. It’s not even like previous seasons (Paul’s 2nd season) where there’s even the slightest chance Cliff thinks he is part of the big alliance. He knows he’s on the outside looking in. But for some reason he willingly follows along with the powers in the house.

If Cliff lasts more than 2 weeks I’ll eat my hat. Can’t wait for his eviction interview when, like many other former lemmings, he admits he shouldn’t have trusted the alliance he’s not part of.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 06:42 AM   #24
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I haven't posted much about this season but last night kind of pissed me off. Cliff kind of just ruined the season for himself and the contestants on his side of the house as to me this was one of the biggest blunders in BB recent history. After all that work battling back to get into the house he basically hands over his HOH to the people that evicted him last week. He makes the totally sensible move putting up Jack and Jackson up for eviction with his goal to evict Jack and at the veto ceremony he has the opportunity to cement that Jack goes home and he puts up the only other person in the house that the six shooters want out more than him which will lead to his inevitable eviction in the coming weeks meanwhile sewering the games of the people that he was supposed to be working with to overthrow the alliance. Then he tries to justify the move by saying his family is watching so he can't go back on his word ignoring the fact he's on a show where success is measured largely on deception.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 07-25-2019, 09:11 AM   #25
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Tonight's eviction will be a non-event unless the house makes a huge move and Jack goes home (not likely)
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 09:14 AM   #26
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why Big Brother keeps casting such pathetic people I don't understand. People just so oblivious to the world around them. Every single time. And i get they recruit people for "tv" but it makes the game so terrible. It would be much better with people who actually understand the game.

Last edited by Weitz; 07-25-2019 at 09:16 AM.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 10:18 AM   #27
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Why Big Brother keeps casting such pathetic people I don't understand. People just so oblivious to the world around them. Every single time. And i get they recruit people for "tv" but it makes the game so terrible. It would be much better with people who actually understand the game.
Lots of them are superfans and have watched the show religiously. You do have to remember that as a viewer we are privy to everything going on whereas the people inside really don't know who they can trust. I think most of us would find the game considerably more difficult as actual contestants. That said it is disappointing to see to many houseguests make the same mistakes year after year. It's a game that favors a cold and calculated approach and too many contestants end up making emotional decisions that ruin their game.
Old 07-25-2019, 08:02 PM   #28
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Awful by Cliff, what a complete waste of an HoH that could've changed the momentum this season. And he doesn't flush Christie's power out either. His family on twitter was 100% behind his initial plan to go back on the deal too. It would've been an amazing move.

Seems really unlikely that Nick, Kat, Jessica, Nicole, and Sam vote together against Jack and give Cliff the tiebreaker.
Old 08-04-2019, 07:23 PM   #29
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

See that’s why I stick around. Because #### on this show can go from boring to all time classic in no time. What a hilarious episode. I was losing it when Jack explaining to Michie in the bedroom about how he said it differently about Kat and Holly knowing each other.

I’m also eating a ton of crow because Cliff now seems reasonably well positioned.
Old 08-05-2019, 10:39 AM   #30
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cliff's positioning is kind of luck based with the group of 6 turning on each other. This has to be the worst season ever when it comes to people keeping secrets. People literally go from a conversation with an alliance member to the next room to spill the beans on them without even considering the ramifications. I am liking his chances right now as he's kind of on the sidelines while plenty of others are making cases for themselves to be on the block.
Old 08-05-2019, 11:27 AM   #31
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Good for Jessica for putting up the two alphas, it’s about time. The 6 shooter alliance is a joke
Old 08-05-2019, 05:46 PM   #32
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love seeing the bullies squirm...hopefully one of them goes home this time. There's still hope.
Old 08-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #33
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

What did you make of Jacks exit? CBS sure seemed intent on grilling him. Man that got awkward. Almost seemed like he was given a heads up he was going to get grilled?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:34 PM   #34
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
What did you make of Jacks exit? CBS sure seemed intent on grilling him. Man that got awkward. Almost seemed like he was given a heads up he was going to get grilled?
That was a pleasant surprise. I didn't expect Julie to call him out like that in the interview. Not sure if Jack was expecting it, I think he had this idea in his head that he was going to be a fan favorite.

When Julie brought up the rice pudding comment that started to get uncomfortable to watch. Also the clips they showed were a little too long and added to the awkwardness.
Old 08-10-2019, 02:04 PM   #35
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

I felt like he knew. He answered them as if he was expecting it. I only half follow the feeds but his explanation and apology were...adequate. Julie gave him an out by framing it as a few of colour comments. She didn’t get to the broader issues of (alleged) discrimination in the house.
Old 08-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #36
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Except, then Julie used the word gyp. If you're going to grill the racist on being a racist, don't use a work like gyp.
Old 08-10-2019, 08:09 PM   #37
Calgary14
First Line Centre

Exp:

The interview with Jack was a bit weird, I don't think Ive ever seen them have to explain things they've said during the show
Old 08-12-2019, 01:15 PM   #38
me_dennis
Scoring Winger

Exp:

seeing Christie's mouth chewing made me want to stop watching this season.
me_dennis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to me_dennis For This Useful Post:
Old 08-12-2019, 01:27 PM   #39
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
The interview with Jack was a bit weird, I don't think Ive ever seen them have to explain things they've said during the show
Aaryn certainly did from Big Brother 15. Julie brought up the racist remarks she made about Candice and Helen.

I think that racial remarks have been a tipping point ever since Big Brother 11 not airing the Braden stuff that had Chima go off during the live show. They do their best to avoid it but once the Twitter live feeders pick up on it, then they are forced to confront it. Otherwise it looks like they are protecting the racists, misogynistic and homophobic contestants.

Pretty funny to think that golden boy Jeff would probably have been crucified for his homophobic remarks if he was on a season or two later.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:40 PM   #40
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

But yeah I think Jack either had a heads up or he's been in this situation before. It was pretty elegantly worded from his thanking Julie to give him a chance to respond, to his ability to try and defer blame while apologizing. Definitely not like Aaryn who played the "I'm pretty and southern so people think I'm racist" card.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote