Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange

Notices

Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Deegee
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm thankful people on CP sell their tickets.

Though I've never purchased any tickets from CP yet, I like the idea of a relatively safe place to buy tickets if my wife and I could ever sneak away kid free from Hanna and make the trip in for a game.

I guess what I'm saying is I hope people like him don't discourage others from selling their tickets.

Thanks again to those who do offer others a chance to the game here, it is appreciated.
Deegee is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Deegee For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #22
iggyntangs
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by arloiginla View Post
That's a fantastic idea. When someone PMs me usually the first thing I check is to see how active they are on the forum. Then I usually leave my phone number and tell them to call...it is a lot easier to be a dickwad and back out on a deal when hiding behind your computer...harder to do over the phone especially since I then have your number and can always call back.

I wish we had red and blue squares back.

Or maybe we just have a thread dedicated to reporting posters who acted in bad faith.
Why don't we sticky a forum about that if we can't get that official +/- system on track?
iggyntangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Reply from CanucksFan99; sent to me via PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanucksFan99
Hey Ken0042,

Sorry, but I don't have enough posts to post in that forum. True that i may have not been able to take all the tickets, but If I pm someone asking for tickets, doesn't mean that I am buying them 100%.

If I simply ask if they are available or throw out an offer, how does that make me a buyer 100%??

I buy a few tickets during the busier months, as I use them for clients and to take out my clients out for games. Wouldn't believe how far a gesture of taking them to a game makes them appreciate your business.

Sorry, if you are bitter Rhettzky, I don't sit on the computer checking my pms all day. I may message in the morning and due to my work, sometimes forget to the check my inbox until the next day.

Anyways, I don't want to get into a post-war, I appreciate all the sellers that i have dealt with, and I guess I'll watch out for contacting people..but enough with the "tattling"

Thanks Ken0042.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:35 PM   #24
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Reply from CanucksFan99; sent to me via PM.
But didnt Rhettzky say they arranged to meet to transfer the tickets?

If someone says I'll meet you @ Starbucks @ 3:30, I assume they are buying tickets.

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-08-2010, 10:59 PM   #25
arloiginla
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Yea there's a big difference between saying "I'll take the tickets" and saying "I'll meet you at Tim's tomorrow at 12." If he did the latter and then didn't show, that's bush.

canucks fan.
arloiginla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #26
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I don't understand how he could think that he wasn't a buyer 100%. Here is a shortened version of our PM's on that day.

CF99: 8:20am - Are the tickets still available? If so where/when could we meet?
Rhett: 9:00am - Yup, we could meet up in the SW around lunch time.
CF99: 9:15am - Does Deerfoot Meadows work? Say around 12pm.
Rhett: 9:30am - That works. How about around Future Shop? See you then.
CF99: 9:40am - Future Shop it is. See you at 12. Thanks.

Pretty quick replying for someone that 'doesn't sit on the computer checking their PM's all day'.

And 'tattling'? Do you seriously not understand why what you did was a brutal move? For added laughs you can check out the visitor message he left for me.

Anyway, just thought the forum could use a heads up when dealing with this guy because obviously he doesn't really care enough to even apologize when he leaves you high and dry.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 AM   #27
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here was my exchange with CanucksFan99

CF99: 2:46pm Would you consider $240 for all 3?
SQ96: 2:58pm No thank you. $270 is a good deal.
CF99: 4:30pm No worries. When and where could I get these tickets from? Thanks.

There were three follow up messages from me after I sent him my contact details but I never heard back from him. To me, he wanted to purchase the tickets. His final message was not an inquiry, but a confirmation of sale. I hope others don't fall for his antics.
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 10:33 AM   #28
Ducay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reminds me of almost every reply on Kijiji

Kijiji Ad: Item XXXX $50

Kijiji Reply: Hi would you take $12, I will pay CASH

Me: How else were you going to pay? Rupee backed derivatives and/or IOUs?
Ducay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #29
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gotta love the vague posts you two recieved. While I would agree he looks like he was goingto buy them, nowhere does he commit. With a guy like this you need to ask 'are you buying them?' and until you get yes and buy back in the same sentence you are assured of nothing. It's the same vague kind of crap that goes on in Ebay descriptions.

I hope this kind of stuff doesn't scare off good sellers, I hope to buy tickets soon and this is my first stop. Unitl you have cash in hand though no sale is complete.

As they say, Money talks, BS walks.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:21 AM   #30
Bertuzzied
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by speede5 View Post
Gotta love the vague posts you two recieved. While I would agree he looks like he was goingto buy them, nowhere does he commit. With a guy like this you need to ask 'are you buying them?' and until you get yes and buy back in the same sentence you are assured of nothing. It's the same vague kind of crap that goes on in Ebay descriptions.

I hope this kind of stuff doesn't scare off good sellers, I hope to buy tickets soon and this is my first stop. Unitl you have cash in hand though no sale is complete.

I hope no one sells to you then. Have you heard of opportunity costs?

Was I vague?
Bertuzzied is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bertuzzied For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 11:30 AM   #31
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
CF99: 9:40am - Future Shop it is. See you at 12. Thanks.
Quote:
... nowhere does he commit.
Really? What was he meeting him at Future Shop for? A good time?
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to HOOT For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #32
Hi-Psi
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've received a few PM's from him in the past about my tickets but all were blatent lowballs so I never actually sold him anything.
Hi-Psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 AM   #33
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Squiggs situation maybe has a bit of vaguness as to commitment, but Rhettzky's isn't vague at all. When you commit to meeting someone you've commited to buying, you're not in the feeling out whether or not it'll work stage.

All that's really being asked here is to show some common courtesy. If you inquire about tickets make sure you follow up, or at least make it clear that you're just feeling out the situation. I've bought tickets here a couple of times and it's always worked out great because people are straight with each other and generally trust one another. It would be a shame to see shady behavior by one or two people ruin that.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:48 PM   #34
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
All that's really being asked here is to show some common courtesy. If you inquire about tickets make sure you follow up, or at least make it clear that you're just feeling out the situation. I've bought tickets here a couple of times and it's always worked out great because people are straight with each other and generally trust one another. It would be a shame to see shady behavior by one or two people ruin that.
That's all it boils down to for me. I've bought and sold lots of stuff on CP and every single one has been a great experience. I even posted a couch for free and the guy that picked it up brought me a six pack. There are a lot of really great people here and like you said at the end, it would be a shame to have a few rotten apples spoil that.
Old 12-09-2010, 12:56 PM   #35
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Is he a Broncos fan?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 12-09-2010, 02:09 PM   #36
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Squiggs situation maybe has a bit of vaguness as to commitment, but Rhettzky's isn't vague at all. When you commit to meeting someone you've commited to buying, you're not in the feeling out whether or not it'll work stage.
Exactly! It's not like you're buying a car off kijiji or something and you want to come look at it before commiting. They're tickets. If you know the game, seats, and price, what else do you need.
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #37
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
On the subject of good and bad buyers, has the topic of creating a good/bad buyers thread ever come up?
It has a few times, and there's benefits and negatives.

I've posted a thread in the help forum to discuss this:

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=99099
photon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 PM   #38
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

This is my copied thread from PM, after the top post, I tried 4 times to contact him, with no reply or response. I edited out any personal stuff.

Sounds great. How much will the total be? And does XXXX prefer any method of payment over another?
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon
Here's the games list, XXXX, the rights holder, will be in touch with you later today to arrange payment. We work at the same place XXXX so I am sure I'll have a chance to meet you when you come in.

Thanks,
Trevor.

Pre Season

*snip*
<list of pre-season games>
*snip*
<21 Regular Season games>

Quote:
Hi Trevor,

Thanks for the reply.304 sounds good for myself and I'll let my friend know about the sale of the others.
You can contact me at xxx-xxx-xxxx and the name is XXX. If I'm not able to pickup, it's because I'm in and out of the office so you can email me at xxx@hotmail.com.
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pylon
305's are tentatively spoken for, 304's are yours if you want them. I will post the game list tomorrow AM. What is your contact info? Ph #, name, etc.

Thanks,
Trevor.

Quote:
Hey.
I would be interested in 20-30 games for the 2 seats, and I might also have a friend that might be interested in the other pair. Let me know the game list and I'll contact to confirm his end.
Thanks.
XXX

Last edited by pylon; 12-09-2010 at 06:34 PM.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
canucksfan99 , caution , commitment issues , lookin' for good time , ticket sale