Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Travis Munroe | RealtorŪ & Property Manager
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default SOLD: ArriVa Building - 17th Floor - $549,900

SOLD THROUGH AN OPEN HOUSE!!!

2 Bedrooms, 2 bathrooms & 2 parking stalls + larger storage locker all at ARRIVA, one of Calgary's most sought after condo buildings! This cozy luxurious unit features upgraded tile and carpet throughout. Enjoy the mountain & downtown view with the floor to ceiling windows. An open concept kitchen features all Miele appliances including a hidden fridge/freezer, gas top stove, hood fan and dishwasher. All of this surrounded by the quartz countertops! The Miele appliance package continues into the spacious laundry room with a stacking washer/dryer combo. Full time security, commercial space including fine dining and a members gym (under construction) are just a few if the reasons to book your showing today! ArriVa is a lifestyle so few are fortunate enough to be a part of, don't wait!

Many flames players have come and gone in this building. Seems to be a hot place to live if you have just been traded to the flames and need some time to find a home. Cammy, Joki and Bertuzzi are just a few of the players to live here.

Click for more pictures: http://tmunroe.com/listing_detail-6400769.html

$549,900

Give me a call to book a showing!
Travis Munroe
403 971 4300

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 10-13-2011 at 01:36 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:28 PM   #2
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gio was also in the building last season.

Edit: So they are putting in a gym now. Not a bad step. Right now the retail in the podium has pretty much all dried up. Olives closed a couple of weeks ago and 100 Wines by David Walker got shut down for delinquency on their rent. What arriVa really needs is the Guardian project to go ahead (the former site of the two future arriVa towers) to bring another ~600 units onto the block and make retail more attractive in the area.

Last edited by Bigtime; 08-03-2011 at 12:39 PM.
Old 08-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #3
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

The gym is an outside company where you will have to purchase a membership. All in all it is still more attractive than no gym at all.
Couldnt agree more on the retail. Once tower 2 is complete it will be a huge boost to retail.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-03-2011, 01:03 PM   #4
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It would also help if the Stampede got their asses in gear and actually started building their big retail/entertainment district "Stampede Trail" on fourth street.

Lots of upside to this location (including the rumours of the future arena being even closer than the Dome is now) with the underpass to East Village almost complete and all the development due to start there. Plus the future SELRT line will have a station only a block or two away.
Old 08-03-2011, 07:37 PM   #5
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is this one of your listings, or just an interesting property that you thought might get some interest to show?

Interesting to see Olives and The other place close. I'm not sure the Stampede development would have helped or detracted from Olives.

Did somone buy the other Arriva site? I thought I read that the other day. Also that Keynote is looking at doing their second building. I wonder if they've sold out building one. Man did that thing ever stall out on sales. Not sure it's the best idea to be starting new towers on the East Side...
Old 08-03-2011, 08:31 PM   #6
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Interesting to see Olives and The other place close. I'm not sure the Stampede development would have helped or detracted from Olives.

Did somone buy the other Arriva site? I thought I read that the other day. Also that Keynote is looking at doing their second building. I wonder if they've sold out building one. Man did that thing ever stall out on sales. Not sure it's the best idea to be starting new towers on the East Side...
More people coming to the area on more than just event nights at the Dome and Stampede Park can't help but be good for business. Olives was always busy when things were going on at the park. On nights that there was nothing it was very quiet there.

Nicholas Hon bought the arriVa 42 and third tower site (and the two schools that sit on the property) for around $24M. He is restarting the project under the new name 'The Guardian' and intends to proceed with the NW tower at 44 storeys with sales to start this fall:

www.theguardiancalgary.com

Unlike arriVa and the proposed arriVa 42 this new tower will feature many more units, and smaller units sizes. Between the two towers there will be about 600 units.

East Beltline is a blank slate, projects like arriVa, Sasso, Vetro, Keynote, and Nuera have helped start the redevelopment. What is critical now is that it becomes more than just point towers, attention must be paid to the human scale and making sure that it is a great area to live and play in. Green space is a key part of this, hopefully this will not be ignored by future developments and the city.
Old 08-03-2011, 09:54 PM   #7
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

^^ agree on the development.

Correct me if I am wrong Bigtime:

Arriva was bought out by Jager Homes/ and Nicholas is the son who will be in charge of the development in Calgary as his dad looks after their real estate in Asia. He is in his 20's and has to have over 3 million in vehicles parked at ArriVa. Everything from Lambo's to Ferrari's to a Rolls Royce. I think he even has a couple Range Rovers? maybe one for even/odd days of the month? lol

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-03-2011, 10:04 PM   #8
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bingo, he also lives in the building. His collection of high end cars is nothing short of amazing. He alternates what he keeps in the parking between summer and winter, nothing like hearing the roar of the Lambo as it works its way up the underground parking.
Old 08-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #9
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

Now I know where you live :P
I have seen him take the corners around Arriva at some decent speeds in those exotics as well lol.
He purchased one of the lower suites when he first moved in but has since moved up to the penthouse has he not?
Talk about living the life...

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #10
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't live in arriVa anymore, after 3 years and 6 months we moved out a week after Stampede. It was time to get something with at least a third bedroom for our growing family. We loved our time there and miss the spectacular view already. However we were still able to get a nice skyline view from our new place.

Don't know about him moving up to a penthouse, I do however know which floor he was on before. But I think disclosing that kind of stuff is pointless and of no real use to anyone.

Last edited by Bigtime; 08-04-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:07 AM   #11
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
Bingo, he also lives in the building. His collection of high end cars is nothing short of amazing. He alternates what he keeps in the parking between summer and winter, nothing like hearing the roar of the Lambo as it works its way up the underground parking.
I saw a beautiful Ferrari driving into Arriva recently so I'm guessing that it was him.
Old 08-04-2011, 09:13 AM   #12
rd_aaron
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchlandsselling View Post
Is this one of your listings, or just an interesting property that you thought might get some interest to show?

I didn't realize Olives closed but I'm not surprised. If there isn't an event going on at Stampede the area is dead.

Where did you see that Keynote is looking at starting the second building? It seems to me they are having trouble selling out the place. I'm not sure how long a new building like that takes to sell out, but generally they sell half the units before going to construction. The place has been built for a year and a half and they still haven't sold out the other half of the building.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #13
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keynote has revised their DP for the second tower, it will only be a storey or two taller than the current tower, and have a few more units. I think they indicated they may start selling by the fall.

What projects like Keynote II and Nuera II have as an advantage over others is the fact that the building is already completed to the podium top, so it is a simple matter of firing up the floorplates and heading vertical, giving you a big jump on any competition that needs to dig a hole and construct parking first.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:43 PM   #14
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Now I know where you live :P
I have seen him take the corners around Arriva at some decent speeds in those exotics as well lol.
He purchased one of the lower suites when he first moved in but has since moved up to the penthouse has he not?
Talk about living the life...
Yup, and he got there by screwing over friends.

The story of how he managed to get Jagger from the wife of it's former owner after he died of cancer isn't a pretty one.
Old 08-08-2011, 01:45 PM   #15
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
East Beltline is a blank slate, projects like arriVa, Sasso, Vetro, Keynote, and Nuera have helped start the redevelopment. What is critical now is that it becomes more than just point towers, attention must be paid to the human scale and making sure that it is a great area to live and play in. Green space is a key part of this, hopefully this will not be ignored by future developments and the city.
At least for me, a bigger concern is a grocery store in the neighbourhood. What's the closest one to the condos around Victoria Park? Would it be the Safeway at 4th St and 25th Ave or the one at 8th St and 12th Ave? I don't really like the prospect of walking home to East Beltline with a load of groceries from either of those locations.

My wife and I would like to upgrade our condo in a few years, and the Victoria Park area has many nice buildings, but not having a grocery store within convenient walking distance is a deal-breaker for us.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:32 PM   #16
SilverGS
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
At least for me, a bigger concern is a grocery store in the neighbourhood. What's the closest one to the condos around Victoria Park? Would it be the Safeway at 4th St and 25th Ave or the one at 8th St and 12th Ave? I don't really like the prospect of walking home to East Beltline with a load of groceries from either of those locations.

My wife and I would like to upgrade our condo in a few years, and the Victoria Park area has many nice buildings, but not having a grocery store within convenient walking distance is a deal-breaker for us.
A bit pricier but there is a Sunterra a few blocks away. And a Shopper's Drug Mart.
Old 08-17-2011, 04:33 PM   #17
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

The single bedroom unit to the west of this one (1704) just went up for sale as well. Asking $389,000.
Old 08-17-2011, 05:01 PM   #18
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

The building in general is very slow right now. I remember when inventory was consistently below 3 units.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 08-17-2011, 05:50 PM   #19
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Hey Bigtime - do you miss condo living? What's the worst part about having moved and what's the best part?
Old 08-17-2011, 08:43 PM   #20
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's been an adjustment going back to a house for sure. Pros and cons for each of course, the fact that we stayed very central (Sunnyside) has helped make the transition much easier. Still walking/biking to most things.

What I miss the most is the view we had from the condo, nothing like being able to look out over south Calgary and all the way around until you saw downtown. I still have a very nice view of the skyline but it's not quite the same. I'll probably also miss being so close to the Dome come hockey season, now I'll have to hop on the LRT at the Sunnyside station.

Best part is having some more space, although our house still feels kind of empty since all our furniture doesn't fill it all up!
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post: