Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-03-2020, 04:12 PM   #4541
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
The fact Barzal isn't signed yet is a flag for me. Uncle Lou may drive Barzal put of town purely through negotiation.

And in that aspect, I can certainly see the Islanders take on Johnny.

I also have a tin foil hat theory that if an all Canadian division were to go down, Johnny wants no part of being away from family for a season. Given that travel for them would be unlikely.
Yeah but as a parent I would want my kid playing in the all Canadian division before playing in the states under these circumstances.
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:31 PM   #4542
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gaudreau+Monahan
For
Barzal+Eberle

Islanders LTIR Boychuk and the cap works.

Flames would likely have to dump Ryan but they would then be able to offer Barzal in the 8-10M range. I doubt the Islanders do it but Lou ain’t getting any younger so maybe he sees removing a challenging negotiation by buying low on one of the top scoring combos of the last 6 years.
Vinny01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 04:37 PM   #4543
Monahammer
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuss275 View Post
Yeah but as a parent I would want my kid playing in the all Canadian division before playing in the states under these circumstances.
As a Canadian parent you would maybe. Even the least patriotic americans i've ever met still have a preponderous belief that the USA is the best place in the world to live at any given moment in time.

Now, given that Alberta has higher case per 100k amounts than basically anywhere else in the states right now outside of South Dakota, I would question your stance on it. It may in fact be better for our children to be in New Jersey right now.
Monahammer is online now   Reply With Quote