Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-20-2014, 05:46 PM   #1
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:
Default White Collar (TV Show)

Anyone watching this show? Just started it on Netflix. I can't believe I haven't heard of it before and its already got 5 seasons.

So far I've seen the first 5 episodes and I like it a lot. Reminds a lot of Suits but with crime.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 07:17 PM   #2
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've seen the first 5-7 episodes last year and really enjoyed them, but never really got into it.

Been wanting to start re-watching and get through the series.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2014, 01:44 AM   #3
Alberta_Beef
Franchise Player

Exp:

I binge watched it this summer and really liked it alot. Haven't caught a new episode in a while though.
Alberta_Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 10:30 AM   #4
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Is this really a good show? I got the notification from Netflix that it was available, but the picture made it look like a total Suits rip-off. The two guys look like bad Harvey/Mike impersonators. I actually thought it was some low-budget Asian remake or something. Even the premise is similar...

vs.

psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 11:11 AM   #5
Tiger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I watched four of the five seasons. Its a little cheesy sometimes but it is something different. Plus I like the con-man type shows.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:27 AM   #6
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Is this really a good show? I got the notification from Netflix that it was available, but the picture made it look like a total Suits rip-off. The two guys look like bad Harvey/Mike impersonators. I actually thought it was some low-budget Asian remake or something. Even the premise is similar...

vs.

It's very similar to Suits in terms of style. Same network. I would say so far it's not quite as good as the best moments of Suits but it's still great in it's own right.

It follows the forgery unit of the FBI and do you remember how Mike used to be a whiz kid that knew everything in the first couple episodes of Suits before they sort of dumbed him down a bit (He used to outsmart Harvey in the beginning if you recall)? Well that's what it's like in White Collar (in Season 1 at least).

A great detactive who is working with a consultant that is even smarter than him but just like Suits, the consultant isn't an actual FBI agent.

I think the story arcs in each episode are more complicated than Suits. Lots of twists and puzzle piecing as you watch each episode. However I think the dialog and acting is worse and there are definitely more cheesy moments in White Collar versus Suits. No one in White Collar is as bad ass as Harvey.

I still highly recommend the show. It earns it 5/5 rating on Netflix in my mind.

(I've only seen season 1 though)

Last edited by polak; 12-22-2014 at 11:37 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to polak For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #7
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Thanks, Polak - I'll check it out then. Always on the lookout for a decent series.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2014, 03:05 PM   #8
Pagal4321
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just as a heads up White Collar started years before Suits. Great show however.
Pagal4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 12:21 AM   #9
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

Definitely one of my favourite shows! Can be cheesy but it's definitely an interesting watch.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #10
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

So Suits is a rip-off of White Collar. The two shows are very similar, although I'd say Suits is noticeably better. It's still watchable, but I don't know if it's really that noteworthy.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #11
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Yeah Suits is definitely better. Harvey's epic quotes alone put that show into that "top tier" of TV.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:40 PM   #12
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bump!

Just finished season 6 of White Collar and I would say it is one of my favourite shows. It lost its way a little in season 5 but season 6 was great and it wrapped up nicely.

I want to be Neal Caffrey
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 12:42 AM   #13
V
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah by the end of the series I liked it more than Suits. It didn't get caught up in the ridiculous soap opera, which makes it better.
V is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to V For This Useful Post:
Old 05-22-2015, 10:47 AM   #14
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

I have liked every season so far. Need to download season 6.

Sad that it's done though. It didn't feel like it was slowing down yet at season 5.