Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2011, 07:10 PM   #241
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotHotHeat View Post
Yep. Got my library updating now.

iTunes in the cloud is now live on Apple TV as well. (TV shows!)
Can you stream all of your matched music from the cloud to the ATV?

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #242
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely.

It also puts your playlists and folders in the cloud, all accessible right from ATV.

I'm really impressed at how smoothly it's taken 15 000 songs from my computer and recognized them in the iTunes Store. Just under 2000 had to be uploaded, looks like that will take over night to complete, understandably.

For anyone wondering, the largest song file you can upload is 200 mb.
HotHotHeat is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to HotHotHeat For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2011, 09:34 PM   #243
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Keep getting Unknown Error 5002 trying to buy Match. Tried 4 times.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 09:40 PM   #244
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Keep getting Unknown Error 5002 trying to buy Match. Tried 4 times.
Mine worked without any issues. I just wish there was an app that would fix iTunes library so album art etc... Is there an iflicks like app for music?

5002 errors are billing errors I think.

Mccree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:25 PM   #245
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I'm looking forward to backing up my library to an external drive, placing that drive in a closet and then deleting a ton of stuff and re-downloading the stronger versions. If I hadn't found Rdio earlier this year this would be EPIC but for the time being it's just very handy. There are still plenty of good stuff that Rdio is missing so this should fill the void nicely.

I'm so happy that I won't have to sync my phone to my computer anymore to get music onto it. Apple cutting the cord and giving us the ability to do it wirelessly was nice, but my main unit is in my basement... very annoying when you have little time before leaving the house.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2011, 10:28 PM   #246
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
Mine worked without any issues. I just wish there was an app that would fix iTunes library so album art etc... Is there an iflicks like app for music?

5002 errors are billing errors I think.
There is, I will check the name of the app I used tomorrow when I get to that computer. It worked wonders. There are a few apps like that though, for Mac at least.
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to silentsim For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 02:56 PM   #247
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

So if I were to get Match, is there an easy way of seeing what songs are accessible say off my iPhone? Or do I just search through the store and then it shows if its available for download.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:03 PM   #248
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
So if I were to get Match, is there an easy way of seeing what songs are accessible say off my iPhone? Or do I just search through the store and then it shows if its available for download.
Your phone shows your entire library and whatever you tap on just downloads. This is the same if you own other computers. I don't have any music on my MacBook Air because my hard drive is so slow, but if you open my iTunes it looks just like my home set-up and it's all there ready to stream (or download if you'd prefer). The iOS devices are the only ones that don't offer the ability to stream. A little sad, but I can deal with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2011, 03:07 PM   #249
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Your phone shows your entire library and whatever you tap on just downloads. This is the same if you own other computers. I don't have any music on my MacBook Air because my hard drive is so slow, but if you open my iTunes it looks just like my home set-up and it's all there ready to stream (or download if you'd prefer). The iOS devices are the only ones that don't offer the ability to stream. A little sad, but I can deal with it.
Thanks that's awesome. And then once you download this stuff onto your phone, can you remove it at anytime off your phone and then redo it when needed? Or is it a one time thing?
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:13 PM   #250
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jar_e View Post
Thanks that's awesome. And then once you download this stuff onto your phone, can you remove it at anytime off your phone and then redo it when needed? Or is it a one time thing?
Yes, all songs in the cloud have a cloud icon next to them. If you tap the icon the song downloads and the icon disappears. If you swipe the song and hit delete, the song remains but the cloud icon reappears. On your home system this is also how you get rid of your old songs and replace them with shiny new ones (just do a backup of your library before going crazy, Match isn't perfect).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 AM   #251
CKPThunder
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I didn't see this anywhere but it looks like Apple is doing it's annual 12 days of Christmas promotion for those of us in Canada. Looks like they will be offering free stuff each day until January 6.

http://www.apple.com/ca/itunes/12days/

I believe people in the UK also get an app for this as well. I don't think this is offered for anywhere else though.
CKPThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CKPThunder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-25-2011, 02:23 PM   #252
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
If I hadn't found Rdio earlier this year this would be EPIC but for the time being it's just very handy. There are still plenty of good stuff that Rdio is missing so this should fill the void nicely.
I cancelled my Rdio subscription until every song in my iTunes library has a playcount of at least one.

Rdio is a fantastic service, especially for discovering new music, but I figured I could save a hundred bucks or more just working through my existing catalog. Having it all accessible on my devices via iTunes Match is just killer.

I'll definitely resubscribe to Rdio in the future though, for exploration of music its a wonderful service.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #253
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

posted this in the home theater thread, but repeating here, as i think it is somewhat relevant:

am contemplating getting apple tv to be able to stream videos from the imac to my hdtv. i'm curious, if i rent/purchase hd content off it, at 720p, is the resolution good enough to watch on my hd projector?

i watch it at about 112" (diagonal) so curious if the imperfections make the viewability unbearable?

Anyone have some feedback on this?
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:41 PM   #254
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKPThunder View Post
I didn't see this anywhere but it looks like Apple is doing it's annual 12 days of Christmas promotion for those of us in Canada. Looks like they will be offering free stuff each day until January 6.

http://www.apple.com/ca/itunes/12days/

I believe people in the UK also get an app for this as well. I don't think this is offered for anywhere else though.
Awesome, thanks for the tip. I just nabbed today's freebie: A live Coldplay EP!
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 09:25 AM   #255
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is there a way to sync selected contacts out of Outlook 2011 (PC) to an ipad 2. My boss has an ipad but he has a contact list that is very large. He does not want to sync all of those contacts to his ipad but just a select few. Is there a way to easily do this?
We do not have an exchange server.

Old 01-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #256
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Setup sync with Outlook 2010 via iTunes to include contacts and then manually delete the ones you don't need.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #257
Mccree
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

^^^

Is there a better way? Seems like a pain in the ass to have to delete contacts every time you re-sync!

Old 01-05-2012, 10:18 PM   #258
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mccree View Post
^^^

Is there a better way? Seems like a pain in the ass to have to delete contacts every time you re-sync!
I see what your asking here and why you'd be confused with the previous answer.

iCloud sync with Outlook creates a new contact group, iCloud. The only contacts that are synced are the ones in that group. Outlook, of course, can search multiple contact lists at once, so you can keep the smaller set of contacts you want synced in the iCloud list, and the rest in the default list, and you're all set. Just drag and drop between the two lists to manage what is synced and what remains on the PC.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:55 PM   #259
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

So BestBuy in the US online store is selling $50 and $100 at 20% off. So basically free money. I bought with my Canadian CC and it's emailed to you...
Old 01-09-2012, 04:00 PM   #260
MickMcGeough
First Line Centre

Exp:

Does anyone know a way to get custom EQ settings from iTunes into your iPhone without manually assigning an EQ preset to every song?

MickMcGeough is offline   Reply With Quote