Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2018, 12:24 PM   #21
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Now if only he could find a talented center to pair in between his two wingers
This is bashing Monahan?
Bingo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:26 PM   #22
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
This is bashing Monahan?
Yes. He’s been trolling the forum for ages bashing Monahan. It’s annoying.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:33 PM   #23
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's nice, Lindholm can play d. A lot of times last night he was covering an out of position d man. That's helps. 200ft games for the win!
dammage79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 12:35 PM   #24
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
The more I go through the wars on this site the more I wonder how little of it is trolling and likely just a personal bias.

Watched both games this year with my 16 year old son, and both on TV (game one) and live (last night) all he can see is Mark Giordano mistakes. He's good (or smart enough) to bend on an overall opinion towards the negative, but he's conditioned to think less of the guy and he can't see anything else.

I think a lot of people have these filters.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 12:36 PM   #25
GreenLantern2814
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A piping hot Thanksgiving take from Love.

The centre isn't as talented as the winger who has 100 fewer points.
Old 10-07-2018, 12:52 PM   #26
VilleN
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Pretty high bar for talented... scoring 30g/season in the best league in the world. What would it take, in your mind, to be called talented? Was Lemieux talented, or merely decent? Did Gretzky do enough to be viewed as having talent? Is anyone better than talented on the planet? Was Jesus ‘ok’ at miracles? Sure, he could walk on water, but he couldn’t even run.
VilleN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #27
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Oh I forgot having opinions = trolling now. Weird that you'd willingly create an account on a forum and then get upset when it isn't an echo chamber.
Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:04 PM   #28
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

The forum would be better off if Love stopped posting. I have him on ignore and still get to see all his idiotic trolling because people respond to it.

He bragged about having better forums to post on anyways.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 02:06 PM   #29
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:
Oh I forgot having opinions = trolling now. Weird that you'd willingly create an account on a forum and then get upset when it isn't an echo chamber.
I think you'll find you'll get confused less with a troll if you add some depth to a post instead of a simple drive by like you chose.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bingo For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 02:07 PM   #30
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
The forum would be better off if Love stopped posting. I have him on ignore and still get to see all his idiotic trolling because people respond to it.

He bragged about having better forums to post on anyways.
That was referring to basketball discussion because another user linked me a forum. But I hope you get your internet likes.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:10 PM   #31
haiku
Backup Goalie

Exp:

guys starts a draft thread
middle of game when down two
yeah no, not a troll
haiku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to haiku For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #32
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
I think you'll find you'll get confused less with a troll if you add some depth to a post instead of a simple drive by like you chose.
I've gone in depth multiple times. I think outside of shooting the puck, Monahan is the definition of mediocre. Maybe even below that.

He is slow as molasses and can't carry the puck. Not anything special as a passer, not physical at all or much of a leader. Sucks along the boards (cycling). His lack of speed makes him a liability defensively.

I just don't see the #1 center in his game outside of being exceptional at shooting the puck and I think if we ever want to be a true contender we'll need better.

Historically looking at cup winning #1 C's, he isn't in the same stratosphere. He's barely a #2C. Malkin, Kuznetsov, Krejci, Carter, Richards. He would be the fifth best #2C... Monahan leading us down the middle means we aspire to be no greater than a St. Louis / Minnesota 2.0.

Last edited by Love; 10-07-2018 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:17 PM   #33
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You criticized Monahan for passing, when passing was a good play and he did it correctly. You didn't make a single post that wasn't about Monahan.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:19 PM   #34
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've gone in depth multiple times. I think outside of shooting the puck, Monahan is the definition of mediocre. Maybe even below that.

He is slow as molasses and can't carry the puck. Not anything special as a passer, not physical at all or much of a leader. Sucks along the boards (cycling). His lack of speed makes him a liability defensively.

I just don't see the #1 center in his game outside of being exceptional at shooting the puck and I think if we ever want to be a true contender we'll need better.

Historically looking at cup winning #1 C's, he isn't in the same stratosphere. He's barely a #2C. Malkin, Kuznetsov, Krejci, Carter, Richards. He would be the fifth best #2C... If we want to be serious about winning and not be St. Louis / Minnesota 2.0 we need an upgrade.
Monahan is better than either Kreiji or Richards and probably Carter as well. Carter wasn't even a C in his best years - he was on Getzlaf's wing.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:26 PM   #35
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Monahan is better than either Kreiji or Richards and probably Carter as well. Carter wasn't even a C in his best years - he was on Getzlaf's wing.
Jeff Carter on Getzlaf's wing?

Krejci > Monahan
Carter >> Monahan
Richards =< Monahan
Old 10-07-2018, 02:31 PM   #36
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Historically looking at cup winning #1 C's, he isn't in the same stratosphere. He's barely a #2C. Malkin, Kuznetsov, Krejci, Carter, Richards. He would be the fifth best #2C... Monahan leading us down the middle means we aspire to be no greater than a St. Louis / Minnesota 2.0.
Even if you’ve feel like you’ve got in depth it doesn’t explain or excuse a poor drive by post that has no real point except to provoke a reaction
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:37 PM   #37
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Jeff Carter on Getzlaf's wing?

Krejci > Monahan
Carter >> Monahan
Richards =< Monahan
I always mix up Catrter and Perry. But in any event, Carter was not usually a number 2 and today I'd take Monahan over him, yes. Also over Krejci and Richards.
Old 10-07-2018, 02:40 PM   #38
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Stats say otherwise, that’s why your argument seems agenda driven. Monahan could easily score 40 this year, I don’t care who he plays with, if you score with his type of consistency you are a #1.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 02:42 PM   #39
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You’re entitled to your opinion, but you’re also derailing the thread.

This is a thread about Lindholm, not Monahan. Therefore, I consider that trolling.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ForeverFlameFan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #40
Bingo
Owner

Exp:

Quote:

There you go.

Now if you had a) done that instead of the drive by and b) done it in a post about Monahan, or the Flames structure up the middle ... you would have been off to the races!

Sadly neither was the case