Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2023, 11:02 AM   #5901
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Full Swing has been awesome so far. Although I hate how it has made me like Ian Poulter now
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2023, 05:17 PM   #5902
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Posters in this thread got me to start physical:100. I’m more than halfway through. It’s pretty engaging actually.

Even with the voiceovers, I still feel like they have captured the players well.

And as was pointed out in thread, the contestants are respectful and polite to a fault.

Once this gets to North America, it will be all smack talk and weapons being pulled out.

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2023, 05:28 PM   #5903
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Madoff documentary is pretty good. I would like to see a dramatized version a la Uber, Theranos, WeWork.

IIRC there was a movie with Robert DeNiro but I'd like to see multiple episodes.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 02:46 PM   #5904
karl262
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
^^^ WWI, I thought.
Both wrong. It's about the 1969 Football War fought between El Salvador and Honduras.
karl262 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2023, 07:26 PM   #5905
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So. I just went in to designate my home as my location. Looked at the $7.99 deal to allow a second member. Is it saying it will only allow 1 'member' to sign in and watch for this charge?

Anyone know if this means only one device can be watching Netflix on this member's account at a time?
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 06:51 AM   #5906
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Posters in this thread got me to start physical:100. I’m more than halfway through. It’s pretty engaging actually.

Even with the voiceovers, I still feel like they have captured the players well.

And as was pointed out in thread, the contestants are respectful and polite to a fault.

Once this gets to North America, it will be all smack talk and weapons being pulled out.
I missed the earlier discussions, but I decided to watch it based on your post. The wife and I love it and are hooked.

The respect is part of what makes it a good watch. You're right that the Americans will ruin the show if they do a version.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
McG
Old 02-21-2023, 10:35 AM   #5907
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

We kind of knew we weren't getting a Mindhunter Season 3. but he's confirmed it.

Quote:
In a recent interview with French magazine Le Journal du Dimanche, Fincher again spoke on the decision to cancel Mindhunter, confirming that a third season will never happen, as well as insinuating that Netflix made the final decision to end the series.
https://collider.com/david-fincher-m...lled-comments/
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:34 AM   #5908
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
We kind of knew we weren't getting a Mindhunter Season 3. but he's confirmed it.

https://collider.com/david-fincher-m...lled-comments/
That’s too bad. Mindhunter, in my opinion, is the best thing Netflix has ever done.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 11:38 AM   #5909
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
That’s too bad. Mindhunter, in my opinion, is the best thing Netflix has ever done.
If you enjoyed Mindhunter (and honestly, who didnt?) I'd also highly suggest Black Bird, its a show with a sort of similar feel albeit somewhat different.

It was awesome though!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2023, 01:01 PM   #5910
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
If you enjoyed Mindhunter (and honestly, who didnt?) I'd also highly suggest Black Bird, its a show with a sort of similar feel albeit somewhat different.

It was awesome though!
My brother didn’t. He’s not smart enough to appreciate good television without fights, explosions and nudity.

Black Bird looks interesting; thank you for the recommendation.
Old 02-21-2023, 01:28 PM   #5911
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post

It was awesome though!
That’s on Apple TV, which I don’t have, but thanks for the recommendation.
Old 02-21-2023, 06:43 PM   #5912
McG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonBlue View Post
I missed the earlier discussions, but I decided to watch it based on your post. The wife and I love it and are hooked.

The respect is part of what makes it a good watch. You're right that the Americans will ruin the show if they do a version.
Next episode released today!

We had joy, we had fun, we had a season in the sun, but the wine and the fun like the season is all gone.

Average team is average. Average drafts, average results, average trades, average asset management, average vision, average outcomes. Average.
McG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to McG For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2023, 11:10 AM   #5913
flizzenflozz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McG View Post
Next episode released today!
Finale up!

No way I should have enjoyed that as much as I did. Not exactly high art but it definitely hooks you in.
flizzenflozz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flizzenflozz For This Useful Post:
McG
Old 02-24-2023, 11:58 AM   #5914
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flizzenflozz View Post
Finale up!

No way I should have enjoyed that as much as I did. Not exactly high art but it definitely hooks you in.
I t was a great show. I can't believe at time the challenges almost had me on the edge of my seat.

It was so well done. Kept the focus on the challenges and the athletes without all the drama we see put into most North American reality shows.
It was also nice not to have to deal with huge backstories about how they overcame personal tragedy to get there.

It was awesome how much respect Choo Sung-Hoon had amongst the group.
(older MMA guy, or "Sexyama" , if you will)

he was awesome, and one of the favs of the wife and I.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post:
Old 02-24-2023, 02:29 PM   #5915
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

So maybe I'm misunderstanding how this works but the 21st was the deadline for account sharing correct? I've been using my parents' account and my dad added me to the account per the new rules but so far I haven't had to setup my separate account and everything seems the same. Makes me wonder what would have happened if he didn't do the account add; would we have avoided the extra 8 bucks? For reference I am the only one that uses it outside of their home.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:31 PM   #5916
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

You should have received an invite to set up your profile via email if he did it right.

If you haven’t set it up, then it’s possible Netflix isn’t enforcing it universally or right away. The deadline was supposed to be yesterday.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 02:35 PM   #5917
ajr4013
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
You should have received an invite to set up your profile via email if he did it right.

If you haven’t set it up, then it’s possible Netflix isn’t enforcing it universally or right away. The deadline was supposed to be yesterday.
Oh yeah I've got the email to set it up but been lazy and so far I haven't been locked out. As you suggested maybe they aren't enforcing it hard yet but found it odd either way.
ajr4013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2023, 10:13 PM   #5918
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

We got booted off the in laws and had to get it set up so it is working in some sense.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2023, 12:21 PM   #5919
monkeyman
First Line Centre

Exp:

Cancelled my subscription today. For the amount I watch, I was just throwing away $22 a month if family can't use it.
Old 02-25-2023, 12:51 PM   #5920
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

It made us do the opposite of what they intended, we weren't sharing accounts before, but now we are between three houses. Now instead of them making $63 a month on three accounts they're making $37. Good move Netflix.

It reminded me of how little I use it too, once I'm done re-watching Narco's I'll probably just cancel
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote