Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2023, 09:09 PM   #721
Goriders
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vegas is steamrolling Florida
Goriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:09 PM   #722
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
If the Panthers are a dumb team...

...then what the hell are we? They've accomplished more in one spring than we have in two decades.

Aside from the shenanigans, the Panthers haven't looked good in these games. The Knights are out-matching them almost every step of the way. I believe they'll be better in Game 3 though.
Goalie stole them some rounds only to get embarrassed in the finals

Wow

Won 4 rounds since 96
Besides, the fact we like the Flames doesn't disqualify us about opinions on other teams
Old 06-05-2023, 09:10 PM   #723
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Refs aren't the reason this series is
12-4

Get a grip lol
Momentum is a thing.

Early in these games there have been weak calls that go against Florida and then obvious or dangerous calls that they ignore against Vegas.

Add in the obvious disdain they have for Tkachuk and there is clearly a bias here. It is starting to spill over to players like Verhaeghe and Duclair that are known as clean players (both got penalties for doing literally nothing in the 3rd).

Tonight, a call that could have gone either way on Lomberg led to an early powerplay goal for Vegas. They were like dogs on a bone after that goal as the momentum swung hard for them and the Panthers couldn't recover.

I am not a big complainer about officials, but there have been big momentum swings in this series so far that have all gone the way of the Knights. It's hard to overcome because confidence is such a big factor in hockey. The Knights have it, and they had help getting it. The Panthers don't, and they have had just about everything go against them in this series so far in terms of calls and luck (Hill is playing out of his mind right now too).

The good news is they can take a couple days to reset and gameplan. The next game will be crucial to how this series goes. If the Panthers win convincingly, it's back on. If they don't win or squeak one out, it will probably be over quickly.

I have faith that they will figure it out, but I also have horrible luck in cheering for teams, so perhaps I'm destined to be miserable as a sports fan. Here's hoping that I'm not cursed.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:11 PM   #724
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vegas shouldn’t count its chickens and the Oilers series probably taught them not to. They manhandled the Oilers game one and then got thoroughly beaten in game 2.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:15 PM   #725
butterfly
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Goalie stole them some rounds only to get embarrassed in the finals

Wow

Won 4 rounds since 96
Besides, the fact we like the Flames doesn't disqualify us about opinions on other teams
Yes. At least when the Flames make the Finals they compete for the Cup. 0-6 and running around doing idiotic things isn't making me at all envious.
butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:15 PM   #726
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Momentum is a thing.

Early in these games there have been weak calls that go against Florida and then obvious or dangerous calls that they ignore against Vegas.

Add in the obvious disdain they have for Tkachuk and there is clearly a bias here. It is starting to spill over to players like Verhaeghe and Duclair that are known as clean players (both got penalties for doing literally nothing in the 3rd).

Tonight, a call that could have gone either way on Lomberg led to an early powerplay goal for Vegas. They were like dogs on a bone after that goal as the momentum swung hard for them and the Panthers couldn't recover.

I am not a big complainer about officials, but there have been big momentum swings in this series so far that have all gone the way of the Knights. It's hard to overcome because confidence is such a big factor in hockey. The Knights have it, and they had help getting it. The Panthers don't, and they have had just about everything go against them in this series so far in terms of calls and luck (Hill is playing out of his mind right now too).

The good news is they can take a couple days to reset and gameplan. The next game will be crucial to how this series goes. If the Panthers win convincingly, it's back on. If they don't win or squeak one out, it will probably be over quickly.

I have faith that they will figure it out, but I also have horrible luck in cheering for teams, so perhaps I'm destined to be miserable as a sports fan. Here's hoping that I'm not cursed.
before the Eichel hit Vegas had 3 power plays and Florida had 4.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:16 PM   #727
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

go vegas!
Old 06-05-2023, 09:16 PM   #728
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

This feels more like a top 5 team playing the 17th place team. Maybe the Pacific division was stronger than the Atlantic?
Old 06-05-2023, 09:16 PM   #729
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Knights look like a team that is composed and that have been there before (and they have lots of players that have been in the finals or on deep runs before).

Panthers look like a team that has lost all composure and are more interested in winning the fight than winning the game.

They need to go back to embracing the underdog mentality like they did in rounds 1-3 and play a more composed game. They picked their spots a lot better in those rounds even though they weren't always disciplined.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:17 PM   #730
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
This feels more like a top 5 team playing the 17th place team. Maybe the Pacific division was stronger than the Atlantic?
Panthers had a bad record vs the west...if that means anything
Old 06-05-2023, 09:17 PM   #731
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Refs in this series have been an embarrassment. Bush league.

If this happened to the Flames I would have trashed my television.
Manhattanboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:19 PM   #732
midniteowl
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
Refs in this series have been an embarrassment. Bush league.

If this happened to the Flames I would have trashed my television.

Just curious, how many TV have you trashed? Because it had happened to the Flames before and it's not just one time.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #733
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Vegas ramp it up for the final they look like they are destined to win now, they are too experienced to blow this imo
Old 06-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #734
Flamesfan05
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Cinderella Bob time is up
Flamesfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flamesfan05 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #735
sss1
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
That wasn't even a penalty, let alone a misconduct.
Not many here disagree with this perspective. But, it really looked like Tkachuk was trying his hardest to start a mess between plays. He didn't even seem upset for the penalty minutes issues towards him. Almost like he knew it was coming.
sss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 09:20 PM   #736
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by midniteowl View Post
Just curious, how many TV have you trashed? Because it had happened to the Flames before and it's not just one time.
Haha. But not in the Finals.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #737
Flames_Gimp
Franchise Player

Exp:

i watched from mid 2nd on, the refs didn't seem that bad, did I miss something in the 1st half?
Old 06-05-2023, 09:22 PM   #738
sss1
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I am not surprised at Tkachuk's early dismissals though. He is a professional pest and chooses to to play and act the way he does. He hurt his team by sitting out most of the game tonight and did the same crap last playoffs against Dallas.

Looks like he is still a dumbass.
sss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sss1 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2023, 09:23 PM   #739
Manhattanboy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames_Gimp View Post
i watched from mid 2nd on, the refs didn't seem that bad, did I miss something in the 1st half?
Chucky sits for the first half of the third period for being Chucky.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:23 PM   #740
3rd liner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Panthers just need to channel home crowd energy and keep the dumb-dumb after-whistle antics from tkachuk, Lomberg, cousins, gudas. They need to find the line they didn’t cross in the earlier series. At this point not sure I’m cheering for a team, both teams have unlikable players and likable ones. Hoping for a closer series though.
3rd liner is offline   Reply With Quote