Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2023, 07:28 AM   #5381
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

John Krasinski and Emily Blunt would be a great Reed and Sue. They've obviously got the chemistry and both have the talent. Good star power but not distracting. It would have been fun to have a married couple actually be a married couple on screen.

Though I guess if their marriage went sideways it could blow up the franchise.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 02:35 PM   #5382
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
John Krasinski and Emily Blunt would be a great Reed and Sue. They've obviously got the chemistry and both have the talent. Good star power but not distracting. It would have been fun to have a married couple actually be a married couple on

Though I guess if their marriage went sideways it could blow up the franchise.
Nahhh. Write it in!
Old 06-04-2023, 02:35 PM   #5383
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go see spiderverse.

Just amazing.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2023, 03:36 PM   #5384
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I was really afraid they wouldn't be able to live up to the first one but wow, Across the Spider-verse exceeded my hopes.

I usually don't go see movies in the theatre multiple times but I might in this case.
Old 06-10-2023, 11:15 PM   #5385
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got back from Across the spider verse. I haven't seen a theatre this pumped up and then screaming "what?!" When the ending rolled around.

Movie erased all my worries about a potential subpar sequel. Every shot was artistic, unique, beautifully framed, and coloured. Story was fantastic other than the abrupt end. Only complaint I might have is they transition between some of the universes art style too quickly and it almost just flashes through some of the details. Might bother some people who look for details or are sensitive to flashing bright colors

Last edited by FlameOn; 06-11-2023 at 09:56 AM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 06-11-2023, 11:42 AM   #5386
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Just got back from Across the spider verse. I haven't seen a theatre this pumped up and then screaming "what?!" When the ending rolled around.

Movie erased all my worries about a potential subpar sequel. Every shot was artistic, unique, beautifully framed, and coloured. Story was fantastic other than the abrupt end. Only complaint I might have is they transition between some of the universes art style too quickly and it almost just flashes through some of the details. Might bother some people who look for details or are sensitive to flashing bright colors
One kid in my theatre at the end screamed “That’s illegal!” I shouted back “Are you not entertained!”
Old 06-12-2023, 01:08 PM   #5387
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

A day later, I'm still super impressed about the universe specific visual style that they managed to animate uniquely for every Spider-person. Gwen's universe has her own bleeding watercolor style, Mumbattan had it's own blended NYC/India style, Spiderpunk had his own counter cultural anarchist magazine cutout style, and of course Mile's universe having it's own Ben-Day comic book dots style from the first movie. There must have been a team for every universe they worked on, looks nuts. Gonna have to re-watch it to see if I can catch more details.

One thought... with so many Spider-people variants that come in so many different shapes and sizes, J Jonah Jameson is the only constant a-hole throughout the multiverse. JJ Jameson is Nexus Being confirmed! /s
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:39 PM   #5388
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Spider-Verse was an animated work of art. Solid 8.5/10.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Sr. Mints; 06-15-2023 at 02:57 PM.
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 10:28 PM   #5389
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Holy crap the Flash was amazing!!!!!! one of the best superhero movies i've ever watched.
9/10! go watch it! and if you are old you will not be disappointed!!!!
Old 06-15-2023, 10:54 PM   #5390
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I absolutely loved The Flash! It's not only an amazing story with real emotions and heart but it's this love letter to DC films history, celebrating the good and the bad. So many amazing cameos that I don't want to spoil but they blew away my already sky high expectations. Keaton was great but Ezra and Sasha Calle blew me away, especially Ezra. They were the emotional anchor to the whole thing and they played both parts really well. This movie is way better than Shazam 2 or Black Adam IMO.
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:09 PM   #5391
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
I absolutely loved The Flash! It's not only an amazing story with real emotions and heart but it's this love letter to DC films history, celebrating the good and the bad. So many amazing cameos that I don't want to spoil but they blew away my already sky high expectations. Keaton was great but Ezra and Sasha Calle blew me away, especially Ezra. They were the emotional anchor to the whole thing and they played both parts really well. This movie is way better than Shazam 2 or Black Adam IMO.
Bold take...

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:23 PM   #5392
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

LOL. Shazam 2 or black adam?? wtf??? it's not even in the same stratosphere.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:24 PM   #5393
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Bold take...
Just wanted to give context because I love all the DC movies, but this one is a couple steps above.
Old 06-15-2023, 11:31 PM   #5394
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just wanted to give context because I love all the DC movies, but this one is a couple steps above.
I'm just busting your balls, so to speak.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2023, 07:11 AM   #5395
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thinking about The Flash and the ending, does that mean that
Spoiler!
Because if that's true that's amazing, I'm so pumped.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:13 AM   #5396
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I'm not sure what would convince me to go see it short of people I trust saying it's almost as good as Across the Spider-Verse.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:20 AM   #5397
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
I'm not sure what would convince me to go see it short of people I trust saying it's almost as good as Across the Spider-Verse.
Everyone needs to go just for the Back to the Future references! and that one "alternate" Superman.
Old 06-16-2023, 10:24 AM   #5398
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

the flash

Spoiler!
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yeah_Baby For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2023, 10:33 AM   #5399
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

With all the live action superhero multiverse movies we've got in the past few years, this is definitely the best. Above Spiderman No Way Home and Dr. Strange 2 for me.
Old 06-16-2023, 01:41 PM   #5400
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
God I wish we could get a prop bet on if Nadal Fan will love the new DC movie, it would be the most secure bet in the history of gambling.

*I haven't seen the movie and I'm certainly inclined to hope this one is good, the previews look OK. But you loving a DC movie has proven to be the lowest of thinkable bars to clear.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: