Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-01-2022, 11:34 AM   #1341
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by moncton golden flames View Post
Hey CP, I've been invited to dinner and the host says he drinks non-alcoholic beer.

Are there any craft non-alcoholic beers around Calgary?

I refuse to bring O'Douls or equivalent. Really hoping to find a quality NA beer.

Any help or suggestions?
Alberta Beer Exchange has some good options:
https://www.albertabeerexchange.ca/b...lcoholic-beer/

I can attest that the Biere Sans Alcool sours are pretty good.
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:56 PM   #1342
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
My dad's favourite by far is Partake, Calgary based.
I second the partake. The Pale is really good as well.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 05:19 PM   #1343
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

I know it's not the fancy craft stuff, but for those interested, Big Deal Brewing is available in Alberta now. I know my store has a few flats of it if people want some.
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 08:59 PM   #1344
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun little bump. What are folks excited about these days? Cabin recently released a Pilsner brewed with Phantasm that was quite good. Establishment is always hitting home runs with great releases. They have an Imperial Dark Sour w/ Raspberries that is unreal. They also did a re-release of their PilsGnar German Pil that is awesome. Blindman out of Lacombe won brewery of the year last year and is killing it with their lagers. 88 is doing what they do best with Hazy's after Hazy's. Lots of good stuff out there.
flamingred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:10 PM   #1345
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Had some good beers from 33 Acres recently. Really big fan of the Fluffy Cloud.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:21 PM   #1346
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

We’ve been traveling a lot and have discovered some great craft beers.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 09:36 PM   #1347
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Had some good beers from 33 Acres recently. Really big fan of the Fluffy Cloud.
33 Acres is great. They're out of Vancouver with their satellite brewery here in Calgary. They do funky stuff. They recently did a collab with the Establishment, a Farmhouse Ale, that was fantastic. Called the Other Shore. Have such a great spot next to Central Taps too.
Old 04-28-2023, 08:09 AM   #1348
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamingred89 View Post
Fun little bump. What are folks excited about these days? Cabin recently released a Pilsner brewed with Phantasm that was quite good. Establishment is always hitting home runs with great releases. They have an Imperial Dark Sour w/ Raspberries that is unreal. They also did a re-release of their PilsGnar German Pil that is awesome. Blindman out of Lacombe won brewery of the year last year and is killing it with their lagers. 88 is doing what they do best with Hazy's after Hazy's. Lots of good stuff out there.
What’s Phantasm?

I’m a big Pilsner guy, but really don’t like cabin beers. Curious if it’s worth a try.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 08:35 AM   #1349
InglewoodFan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Speaking of Pilsners, I have rather late in the game discovered Tailgunner. OMG, the lager goodness. Their Linton Stephenson Czech pilsner is my favourite beer of the last 12 months. On tap with a proper pour it is just sublime.

Cabin can be a bit hit or miss, but their core beers are solid for me. Establishment remains one of the few places I will seek out their new releases, plus I have a bunch of their bottle releases in the cellar. I am eagerly looking forward to Blindman's new spon release.

I went back to 88 after a year or so because I was meh on their beers. They have really stepped their game up.
InglewoodFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 10:02 AM   #1350
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Speaking of Pilsners, I have rather late in the game discovered Tailgunner. OMG, the lager goodness. Their Linton Stephenson Czech pilsner is my favourite beer of the last 12 months. On tap with a proper pour it is just sublime.

Cabin can be a bit hit or miss, but their core beers are solid for me. Establishment remains one of the few places I will seek out their new releases, plus I have a bunch of their bottle releases in the cellar. I am eagerly looking forward to Blindman's new spon release.

I went back to 88 after a year or so because I was meh on their beers. They have really stepped their game up.
yeah I had abandoned 88 a few years back for similar reasons- but they are in my core rotation now along with Establishment, Cabin, Annex, Blindman- I'll give others a try and really try and lean Southern Alberta- but those are 4 or 5 that I seem to be drawn to first
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 10:14 AM   #1351
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

For you Pilsner guys, I picked up a 8-pack of Parallel 49 Pilsner tall boys from Coop last week.

8 pack for $19.99 which is a good deal.

It was a "Global Pilsner variety pack". It was 2 each of American, Australian, Italian and either German or Czech Pilsner styles in the pack.

Havent tried any of them yet.
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dubc80 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-28-2023, 03:08 PM   #1352
flamingred89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
What’s Phantasm?

I’m a big Pilsner guy, but really don’t like cabin beers. Curious if it’s worth a try.
Phantasm is an enzyme from dried grape skins. It usually gives off a more aromatic and floral flavour to the beer. In my experience it has a bit of a creamier texture too. The Cabin beer is called Flipside and it really is quite good and worth checking out.
The Following User Says Thank You to flamingred89 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2023, 01:56 PM   #1353
dubc80
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Haven't had this stuff in FOREVER, but picked up a 6-pack as it was on sale at Co-Op. Plus the stubby bottles are a novelty.

Reg price is $19 for a 6-pack? Yikes.

Red Stripe from Jamaica.

https://flyers.coopwinespiritsbeer.c...eredClick=true
dubc80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 12:00 AM   #1354
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Bumping just for the Guinness fans out there, to say that if you haven't yet tried non-alcoholic Guinness you owe it to yourself to pick up a 4 pack. As canned Guinness is to draught, 0% Guinness is to canned - so about 90% as good as the genuine article. At 70cals a tallboy and less than 3 bucks a can, I am thinking this may replace my afternoon coffee...
flylock shox is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to flylock shox For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 09:24 AM   #1355
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

I picked up the craft advent calendar again this year. First 3 were okish, but all American beers that I would likely never come across otherwise. West coast style IPA from Chicago, a fruity wheat beer from Florida, and a (Surly) grapefruit tart ale from Minnesota. 3.6-3.8 scores on Beer Advocate, which seems about right. Nice enough beers and fairly happy so far.

And yes, I got a head start because I don't generally drink much during the week. Will just do 3 or 4 a weekend.
Flabbibulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 04:54 PM   #1356
looooob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
I picked up the craft advent calendar again this year. First 3 were okish, but all American beers that I would likely never come across otherwise. West coast style IPA from Chicago, a fruity wheat beer from Florida, and a (Surly) grapefruit tart ale from Minnesota. 3.6-3.8 scores on Beer Advocate, which seems about right. Nice enough beers and fairly happy so far.

And yes, I got a head start because I don't generally drink much during the week. Will just do 3 or 4 a weekend.
good call on the early start, I tend to be a one /day guy by the books and realized I was going to be away a few times in December so wouldn't work out. built my own 12 days of Xmas with some beers I've wanted to try

did try and give some advice to the guy at 5 Vines last year when it comes to making these things (not sure if listened to me ), don't have a triple imperial fall on a Monday night and then a 3% ISA on Friday night. help a working stiff out here
looooob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2023, 06:11 PM   #1357
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Bumping just for the Guinness fans out there, to say that if you haven't yet tried non-alcoholic Guinness you owe it to yourself to pick up a 4 pack. As canned Guinness is to draught, 0% Guinness is to canned - so about 90% as good as the genuine article. At 70cals a tallboy and less than 3 bucks a can, I am thinking this may replace my afternoon coffee...
Finally got to try it at the Unicorn on the weekend and I was stoked. It is delicious. Can’t wait to pick some up from the grocery store if I can find some.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-29-2023, 06:43 PM   #1358
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m visiting Calgary for Xmas. Can anyone please recommend a local 12 beers of Xmas box?

Tags
beer , conway twitty , drunks , yes conway twitty