Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2020, 06:19 AM   #41
indes
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've had a hell of a time trying to get cooks to come back to my restaurant. Changed 3 ROEs to quit from laid off so far from people refusing to come in for even the odd shift.
indes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 07:36 AM   #42
3thirty
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazypucker View Post
There are many workers (especially the ones who are making minimum wage at your fast food joints) are making arrangements with their employer to withhold wages so that they can still get CERB. I don't blame them, because their regular salary works out to be just a tad over $2000 a month. There is no incentive for them to actually go to work if they will be losing the CERB.

This is actually my rant. If the $2000 CERB works out to be around $12.50 per hour, why would someone who is making $15 per hour want to go risk their life and work their ass off while they can sit at home and do nothing and still make like 90% of what they used to get. There is no incentive to do so. You are blaming people to be lazy, but the math doesn't favour them to forego the CERB and go to work instead....
username checks out

Last edited by 3thirty; 05-28-2020 at 09:05 AM.
3thirty is offline   Reply With Quote