Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2023, 12:34 PM   #41
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KootenayFlamesFan View Post
Translation: his publicist saw the online reaction and in the media and decided it was best to kill this rumour and told Leo to dump her or keep it on the DL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icantwhisper View Post
So he can only date women with as much "power" as him? Pretty limited dating pool. If we have all agreed that 18 is the age that men and women can give their consent to be in a relationship then there is nothing to discuss.
no. That’s not what I said at all.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:39 PM   #42
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Translation: his publicist saw the online reaction and in the media and decided it was best to kill this rumour and told Leo to dump her or keep it on the DL.
That would make sense right up until you remember you're talking about Leo DiCaprio who has become a meme from doing exactly this over and over.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:49 PM   #43
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
To me 19 and 26 seems quite different.
Just knowing how most women mature in their mid to late 20s and know the kind of person they are, where as 19 year olds are still like kids.

Although your friend was much older, at least the women was at an age where many women get married, have kids, are real adults.
To actual age of the woman is more important here than the gap itself to me, although I guess both are legal.
If I had a friend dating a 19 year old, I'd be grossed out. A friend dating a 26 year old, not so much.
But it isn't a typical 19 year old like the ones we know. The ones we know are still figuring themselves out. Most 19 year old models/up and coming celebrities have basically been working for years already and forced to grow up.

I'm not defending Leo, but it feels a tiny bit that way... ick.

But let's say Millie Bobbie Brown. She's 18 now, but she's not the average 18 year old getting out of high school and starting to choose her career. Her career path has been known for a while. Her portrayal has accelerated from kid to woman while her peers in Stranger Things have been left to mature at a reasonably normal speed. If the Henry Cavill comments are true, then those in the 14-22 age range male or female have been accelerated into mature career levels to the detriment of having a childhood. I can't tell if this makes it better or worse, but I'm just saying the stage of life (not age) that has been made is not as good of an argument there.

If you look at some of the other actresses, you can kinda see they accelerate around that age as well. Chloe Grace Moretz was playing kid roles until around age 15-17 ish (2014-2016 ish?). Then they started accelerating her into college age+ roles. IIRC, I couldn't even read reviews about the equalizer without randomly running into tons of comments about her looks. That always weirded me out due to the amounts of comments about that that were embedded and also because she wasn't even 18 at that time.

Not all actresses or models seem to launch at age appropriate times. For instance Margaret Qualley has been someone I've started keeping tabs on lately. After her role in Death Stranding and her role in Maid, I've been slowly going backwards and watching earlier stuff. But even then, she also started early on as a model before acting.

That being said, Qualley has a guide/someone who knows how to protect her into Hollywood via Andie Macdowell? I think Moretz and Brown do not. The models Dicaprio dates often likely do not. I wonder if that is a factor in whether these actresses get accelerated into roles too early.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:06 PM   #44
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

And half these women accusing Leo of being a predator, are probably fiddling their bean to MILF manor and have it on speed watch.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 01:51 PM   #45
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
To me 19 and 26 seems quite different.
Just knowing how most women mature in their mid to late 20s and know the kind of person they are, where as 19 year olds are still like kids.

Although your friend was much older, at least the women was at an age where many women get married, have kids, are real adults.
To actual age of the woman is more important here than the gap itself to me, although I guess both are legal.
If I had a friend dating a 19 year old, I'd be grossed out. A friend dating a 26 year old, not so much.
I met a 19-year old girl at a Meetup event when I was 32 (even though the event itself was billed as 25-35 age range). She seemed interested so I figured what the hell and went out on a date with her a week later. Went out for lunch, she started talking about her courses at university and issues with her younger sister at home, and I quickly realized there was no way I could go any further. She was very pretty, but apart from physical attraction there was nothing which one could start a relationship on, and I would have felt very dirty if I had tried to go any further. I can't help but see any older guy who intentionally targets that age range as a little morally bankrupt
Hemi-Cuda is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 02:44 PM   #46
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Couple things:

-Two consenting adults yes, but it's the point where it's somewhat pathological on Leo's part, which can suggest a lot of things if you want to go down that road.

-I think too there can be a difference between dating a 19 and a 25 year old just you know based on how our brain isn't really done it's development until 25ish.

-I'm almost 37 and I'd much rather date someone between within 9 years direction of me. I can't fathom what we'd talk about. Unless it's like Al Pacino and his much younger GF and we both like Shrek or something.

-I think the Leo memes are funny
https://twitter.com/user/status/1623053496164700163
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:51 PM   #47
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
That being said, Qualley has a guide/someone who knows how to protect her into Hollywood via Andie Macdowell? I think Moretz and Brown do not. The models Dicaprio dates often likely do not. I wonder if that is a factor in whether these actresses get accelerated into roles too early.
For reference DiCaprio's last girlfriend (ca. 2018-2022), model Camila Morrone, is the daughter of Argentine models/actors Maximo Morrone and Lucila Solá. Her mother was in a long-term relationship with Al Pacino ca. 2008-2018; Pacino was a de facto stepfather to her throughout her teens.

While DiCaprio is 23 years older than Morrone, Pacino is 36 years older than her mother. Pacino and Solá were together from when he was ~68 years old and her ~32 years old, to ages ~78/42.

DiCaprio's girlfriend ca. 2014 was model Kelly Rohrbach, who appeared in 2017's Baywatch movie as "C.J." (Pam Anderson's character from the TV show); she's 16 years his junior. She ended up marrying Steuart Walton, one of Sam Walton's grandkids, in 2019; Walton is nine years older than her. (He's personally worth hundreds of millions of dollars, but stands to become a gazillionaire when his father Jim croaks.)

DiCaprio's girlfriend ca. 2010 was Blake Lively (13 years younger); she's daughter of actor Ernie Lively. She famously married actor Ryan Reynolds in 2012; Reynolds is 11 years older.

Girlfriend ca. 2004-2009 was Bar Refaeli; 11 years younger. Her mother was a model. In 2015 she married Israeli businessman Adi Ezra, heir to a multi-billion-dollar fortune from foods company Neto Group; Ezra is 10 years older.

He famously dated Gisele Bunchen, six years his junior, ca. '99-'04. Obviously she ended up marrying Tom Brady—three years older than her—in 2009.

Point being most of the ladies in his life have had "someone to guide them", and almost universally they've ultimately ended up with older men (but not quite as old as DiCaprio) who are just as wealthy or wealthier than DiCaprio.

Last edited by timun; 02-07-2023 at 02:53 PM.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 02:54 PM   #48
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1622827105808683008

Same age gap as David Harbour (47) and Millie Bobby Brown (18) too.
Maybe they too are doing something when the camera is off, who knows?

I love when people have big age gaps in relationship mainly because I like seeing others get mad about it while the couple laughs it off
JeanLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:56 PM   #49
Matata
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Leos manager when he was a child actor and the showrunner of his nickelodeon show are both convicted pedophiles (plus many more at nickelodeon). I'd say the odds of Leo having been traumatized by pedos is extremely high. A common side effect of this trauma is being primarily attracted to extreme youth. If hes keeping it over 18, then he's doing the best he can.

https://www.datalounge.com/thread/29...ctim-of-abuse-
Matata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 02:58 PM   #50
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

And now we are being internet psychologists
The Following User Says Thank You to JeanLucPicard For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 03:06 PM   #51
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

The name is DiCrapio.

Come on guys. He was only 22 in Titanic and Rose was 17. Only 5 years!

Last edited by Johnny Makarov; 02-07-2023 at 03:08 PM.
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:06 PM   #52
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
For reference DiCaprio's last girlfriend (ca. 2018-2022), model Camila Morrone, is the daughter of Argentine models/actors Maximo Morrone and Lucila Solá. Her mother was in a long-term relationship with Al Pacino ca. 2008-2018; Pacino was a de facto stepfather to her throughout her teens.

While DiCaprio is 23 years older than Morrone, Pacino is 36 years older than her mother. Pacino and Solá were together from when he was ~68 years old and her ~32 years old, to ages ~78/42.

DiCaprio's girlfriend ca. 2014 was model Kelly Rohrbach, who appeared in 2017's Baywatch movie as "C.J." (Pam Anderson's character from the TV show); she's 16 years his junior. She ended up marrying Steuart Walton, one of Sam Walton's grandkids, in 2019; Walton is nine years older than her. (He's personally worth hundreds of millions of dollars, but stands to become a gazillionaire when his father Jim croaks.)

DiCaprio's girlfriend ca. 2010 was Blake Lively (13 years younger); she's daughter of actor Ernie Lively. She famously married actor Ryan Reynolds in 2012; Reynolds is 11 years older.

Girlfriend ca. 2004-2009 was Bar Refaeli; 11 years younger. Her mother was a model. In 2015 she married Israeli businessman Adi Ezra, heir to a multi-billion-dollar fortune from foods company Neto Group; Ezra is 10 years older.

He famously dated Gisele Bunchen, six years his junior, ca. '99-'04. Obviously she ended up marrying Tom Brady—three years older than her—in 2009.

Point being most of the ladies in his life have had "someone to guide them", and almost universally they've ultimately ended up with older men (but not quite as old as DiCaprio) who are just as wealthy or wealthier than DiCaprio.
I meant Hollywood specifically. I get where you're coming from, but model "guides" I don't consider in the same tier of guidance.

Models often and quickly end up having to quickly go nude and change clothes in front of random strangers for the shows. IMO this is weird and gross in its own way knowing the age that many of these models sometimes start but AFAIK, it's not as common nor accepted to just go nude in front of Hollywood directors for "work", especially if you're below the age of 18.

Not that I'm trying to skew the numbers on purpose, but if my explanation of the "model guides" is accepted and the parents who were models are excluded, only Blake Lively is the one with the appropriate guide for Hollywood or that area of relationship/social standing stuff.

I think the model/"model"/actress distinction is a reason why someone like Hugh Hefner or other model heavy affiliation individuals basically can have a harem and movie actors don't (ie: one at a time)?

Last edited by DoubleF; 02-07-2023 at 03:09 PM.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:16 PM   #53
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'll be the first one to say: If I was in his place, I would do it too! I am 35, I would be totally okay with someone who is 18, or someone who is 50! Its great, as long as two people have a genuine connection, respect, and consent.

edit: I think what is really "weird" "creepy" and "immoral" is people sitting miles away creating psychological assessment of two adults that is none of their business

Last edited by JeanLucPicard; 02-07-2023 at 03:19 PM.
Old 02-07-2023, 03:19 PM   #54
speede5
First Line Centre

Exp:

My only distain for Leo is limited to his woke enviro bs as he flies in private jets to Ibiza to party on a yacht for the weekend.

And half of that distain is probably rooted in jealousy.
speede5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:20 PM   #55
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
I'll be the first one to say: If I was in his place, I would do it too! I am 35, I would be totally okay with someone who is 18, or someone who is 50! Its great, as long as two people have a genuine connection, respect, and consent.

edit: I think what is really "weird" "creepy" and "immoral" is people sitting miles away creating psychological assessment of two adults that is none of their business
Not that I give a #### about the lives of the rich and famous, but I think the consternation is about consent. Leo is rich and powerful. Are these young women able to give genuine consent, or do they feel coerced? That is the question.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:24 PM   #56
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 02-07-2023 at 08:08 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:30 PM   #57
JeanLucPicard
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
Not that I give a #### about the lives of the rich and famous, but I think the consternation is about consent. Leo is rich and powerful. Are these young women able to give genuine consent, or do they feel coerced? That is the question.
I don't think that is the question because it should not even occur in our mind about this; And i think it only gets asked when its a celebrity because its for memes and laughs and outrage just to kill time. There is no need for us to worry about it. Abuse does happen - there are probably millions of older guys taking advantage of younger girls and that is horrible! But I think it is too easy to just pick a celebrity.

When I first heard about this, my first thought was "oh I wonder how hot she is? Good one Leo"
Old 02-07-2023, 03:30 PM   #58
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leo acts like he's in his mid 20s anyway, my theory is the age gap thing is a tad overblown since these are the people he relates too anyway. What kind of conversations is a 38 year old doctor going to have with Leo?

Other than to joke or just have something dumb and fun to talk about, chalk me up in the "Don't really care" camp as well

Last edited by btimbit; 02-07-2023 at 03:33 PM.
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 03:33 PM   #59
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

If I had $300 million there is no way I'd be living an environmentally friendly lifestyle. Difference is I wouldn't be lecturing others.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 03:44 PM   #60
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanLucPicard View Post
I don't think that is the question because it should not even occur in our mind about this; And i think it only gets asked when its a celebrity because its for memes and laughs and outrage just to kill time. There is no need for us to worry about it. Abuse does happen - there are probably millions of older guys taking advantage of younger girls and that is horrible! But I think it is too easy to just pick a celebrity.

When I first heard about this, my first thought was "oh I wonder how hot she is? Good one Leo"
How can you say that with certainty when we know sexual abuse in Hollywood is rampant when it comes to rich and powerful men against young women.

Are you familiar with Epstein and Weinstein.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote