Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2023, 11:40 AM   #21
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just look at the names on the infographic; the guy dates models and other up-and-coming celebrities.

From a PR perspective, it's mutually beneficial. Leo's name stays in the media for daring to date adults younger than him (and everybody gets their knickers twisted), and his girlfriends benefit from the media coverage that comes with being associated with Leo DiCaprio.

Of course you're going to find some article about "Twitter SLAMS Leo" or something about "power dynamics" (Twitter reaction itself being a news article GMG), but my take on it is that they're two consenting adults who enjoy each other's company / want to bang each other / see the opportunity for a mutually beneficial arrangement career-wise, so be it. It isn't criminal, so just let people be with who they want to be with. It's none of my business.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:46 AM   #22
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

The swipes for daddy Instagram page is well worth a follow if you think that older men pining after young women is funny.

https://www.instagram.com/swipes4daddy/
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:47 AM   #23
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

How does Leo keep from going broke via spousal support?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:48 AM   #24
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can you imagine the conversations? Painful.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:49 AM   #25
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol, I'm sure they have riveting conversations about Roblox.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #26
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
I presume strong prenups and/or always refusing to marry?
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 11:51 AM   #27
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Never getting married seems to be his secret technique.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:52 AM   #28
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

One of my buddys was dating a 26 year old when he was 51. As said above as long as they enjoy each other's company I don't see the problem.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #29
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's two consenting adults. Why it's anyone else's business is beyond me. Kinda like that thing with Henry Cavill a while back that got turned into a meme...

Partner 1: I consent
Partner 2: I consent
Internet Nobody: I DON'T CONSENT!
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:55 AM   #30
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

meh, two consenting adults in a relationship ... so what? As long as they're happy, I don't see the problem.

My grandparents divorced when they were in their early 40s and both married new partners who are ~20 years younger. Both marriages still going strong as they are in their 80s and 60s now.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 11:56 AM   #31
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Never getting married seems to be his secret technique.
Pretty sure it doesn't matter. But I'm not a law talking guy.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:00 PM   #32
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

But it’s not just about enjoying each others company or two consenting adults who want to have sex. Literally nobody is upset at those things happening.

It’s about a powerful man in Hollywood potentially using the power imbalance between him and these up and coming models as the pretext for a relationship.

There’s also the fact that he’s getting into that territory where the models are so young, one starts to wonder if the only reason he doesn’t go younger is because of they are literally the youngest he’s allowed to legally publicly date.

Those are just the concerns people are raising with regards to potential legal issues. Given Hollywood’s predilection towards protecting pedophiles I don’t blame people for wanting to be careful here.

Beyond all that there’s the icky side of things and that just comes down to a man frequently seeking out women that are absurdly young. I’m of the opinion that she’s of legal age and able to make the that decision for herself without needing society to step in and protect her. But then again I don’t blame anyone for thinking he’s gross for going after teenagers when he’s 50+. I’ve read many opinions that a 19 year old is essentially a child with a developing brain and that it is predatory of him to take advantage of that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as these women aren’t being coerced and he’s keeping it legal, as icky as people may judge him to be, I don’t care what consenting adults do.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 02-07-2023 at 12:03 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2023, 12:05 PM   #33
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I don't give a #### if it is legal and he is "doing nothing wrong" it is creepy as all can be and he deserves to judged and mocked accordingly.
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:11 PM   #34
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Well, except it's not true.

Quote:
Leonardo DiCaprio absolutely has a thing for women many years his junior, but his latest reported romantic link, a 19-year-old model just ain't legit ... TMZ has learned.

Rumors about Leo and Eden Polani started to fly last week after the two were spotted hanging out together at a music release party in Los Angeles for Ebony Riley's EP.

A source close to Leo tells us despite a photo showing Eden and Leo sitting next to each other, they're not dating and not a couple whatsoever.
https://www.tmz.com/2023/02/07/leona...d-eden-polani/
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:12 PM   #35
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think it would be as big of a deal if every woman didn't have a story about a creepy old man hitting on her.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:15 PM   #36
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
One of my buddys was dating a 26 year old when he was 51. As said above as long as they enjoy each other's company I don't see the problem.
To me 19 and 26 seems quite different.
Just knowing how most women mature in their mid to late 20s and know the kind of person they are, where as 19 year olds are still like kids.

Although your friend was much older, at least the women was at an age where many women get married, have kids, are real adults.
To actual age of the woman is more important here than the gap itself to me, although I guess both are legal.
If I had a friend dating a 19 year old, I'd be grossed out. A friend dating a 26 year old, not so much.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #37
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

You guys are far too concerned about the affairs of people you do not know.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 12:21 PM   #38
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
But it’s not just about enjoying each others company or two consenting adults who want to have sex. Literally nobody is upset at those things happening.

It’s about a powerful man in Hollywood potentially using the power imbalance between him and these up and coming models as the pretext for a relationship.

There’s also the fact that he’s getting into that territory where the models are so young, one starts to wonder if the only reason he doesn’t go younger is because of they are literally the youngest he’s allowed to legally publicly date.

Those are just the concerns people are raising with regards to potential legal issues. Given Hollywood’s predilection towards protecting pedophiles I don’t blame people for wanting to be careful here.

Beyond all that there’s the icky side of things and that just comes down to a man frequently seeking out women that are absurdly young. I’m of the opinion that she’s of legal age and able to make the that decision for herself without needing society to step in and protect her. But then again I don’t blame anyone for thinking he’s gross for going after teenagers when he’s 50+. I’ve read many opinions that a 19 year old is essentially a child with a developing brain and that it is predatory of him to take advantage of that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and as long as these women aren’t being coerced and he’s keeping it legal, as icky as people may judge him to be, I don’t care what consenting adults do.
So he can only date women with as much "power" as him? Pretty limited dating pool. If we have all agreed that 18 is the age that men and women can give their consent to be in a relationship then there is nothing to discuss.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:24 PM   #39
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Counter point is it's about a young woman using an older man.

No judgement from me on consenting relationships but decades difference in age makes me wonder what they have in common? I've been married 25 years, imagine me now dating my wife as she was 25 years ago. That maturity gap among so many other things.
Old 02-07-2023, 12:24 PM   #40
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Can you imagine the conversations? Painful.
Yeaaaah, sorry to say that definitely is not limited to just couples with vast age differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
To reverse the sexes, I used to date women in their early-mid 40s when I was in my early-through-mid 20s. I personally loved it. The conversations were great, the intimacy was phenomenal, it was great company and companionship.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote