Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-09-2023, 11:41 AM   #121
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fonz View Post
The idea of so many guys jerking off to something they condemn is legitimately hilarious
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Lol

Guys bashing a guy for dating women that resemble what they would ideally like to date is most certainly rich

"immoral" is a convenient cover up for their true feelings on the matter

Somehow I doubt any of the fellow 48 year olds pointing fingers would actually choose a 48 year old with botox and a pixie cut over a line up of 20-somethings if put in Leo's position.

Sure, they might not do it serially as he has, but there's no question that if given the option on a consistent basis that they would indulge for the sake of it

The hypocrites really think we're going to pretend not to know which head thinks louder more often than not
Who exactly do you guys think you’re arguing with? Did you read any posts in this thread? Or is this supposed boogeyman you’re debating all in your mind? Are you responding to random tweets by posting rebuttals on CP?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2023, 11:51 AM   #122
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
I mean how would you know this? People are made happy by different things.
A rotating door of young models seems like an unhealthy kind of "happy" that seems more like a cycle of short term pleasure seeking, but I can see why some men might be enticed by it

I think the point is people are entitled to what they're into, based on where they are at in life with their priorities and values
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 12:28 PM   #123
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Maybe I am crazy, but I want what my parents have. 42 years of love and commitment. The sad realty is that all the money, fame and sex in the world can't give you the peace and happiness my parents enjoy.

There's a good reason that so many celebrities commit suicide and die of overdoses.

As for Leo, I honestly don't see anything wrong with dating younger women. 19-20 year olds, while legal, is pushing it. Many people at that age are pretty immature, but maybe if you've been a fashion model since age 14, you have a different life experience than the average 19-20 year old.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:13 PM   #124
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
There's a good reason that so many celebrities commit suicide and die of overdoses.

As for Leo, I honestly don't see anything wrong with dating younger women. 19-20 year olds, while legal, is pushing it. Many people at that age are pretty immature, but maybe if you've been a fashion model since age 14, you have a different life experience than the average 19-20 year old.
For the record I wasn't implying that dating someone 20 years younger than you could not lead to lasting and fulfilling love.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 01:40 PM   #125
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Lol

Guys bashing a guy for dating women that resemble what they would ideally like to date is most certainly rich

"immoral" is a convenient cover up for their true feelings on the matter

Somehow I doubt any of the fellow 48 year olds pointing fingers would actually choose a 48 year old with botox and a pixie cut over a line up of 20-somethings if put in Leo's position.

Sure, they might not do it serially as he has, but there's no question that if given the option on a consistent basis that they would indulge for the sake of it

The hypocrites really think we're going to pretend not to know which head thinks louder more often than not
This all going to depend on life experiences to some degree. Having a couple step daughters who are 20 and 21 who don't really act much older than my 14 and 16 yo boys, makes <25 look pretty icky.

Also, it's one thing to party and hook up with some young women on your yacht. That doesn't usually get too much attention if all is consensual without power dynamics. Actually having a relationship with a 20 year old, and all their emotional immaturity and drama? I get enough of that for the kids we are responsible for, I'm not signing up for that willingly! Plus, if it works out, they'll probably want kids, and that's a pretty hard no to starting that part of my life over again!
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2023, 02:18 PM   #126
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
Actually having a relationship with a 20 year old, and all their emotional immaturity and drama? I get enough of that for the kids we are responsible for, I'm not signing up for that willingly! Plus, if it works out, they'll probably want kids, and that's a pretty hard no to starting that part of my life over again!
Why do you think DiCaprio's relationships are done by the time the girlfriend hits 25? You think he even wants kids, at all?

Breaking up when she hits 25 is "(the relationship) working out" for DiCaprio.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2023, 08:32 PM   #127
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronMaiden View Post
Maybe I am crazy, but I want what my parents have. 42 years of love and commitment. The sad realty is that all the money, fame and sex in the world can't give you the peace and happiness my parents enjoy.
Challenge accepted?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 06:51 AM   #128
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Also, it's one thing to party and hook up with some young women on your yacht. That doesn't usually get too much attention if all is consensual without power dynamics. Actually having a relationship with a 20 year old, and all their emotional immaturity and drama? I get enough of that for the kids we are responsible for, I'm not signing up for that willingly! Plus, if it works out, they'll probably want kids, and that's a pretty hard no to starting that part of my life over again!
It's pretty hard to come up with a more imbalanced power dynamic than hosting on your yacht.

Last edited by you&me; 02-10-2023 at 06:53 AM.
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 08:24 AM   #129
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
It's pretty hard to come up with a more imbalanced power dynamic than hosting on your yacht.
Defending him wasn't the point of my post.

Sure, it creates the potential for a power dynamic to be abused, but I don't think anyone is accusing him of taking advantage of that to coerce anyone into anything they didn't want to do.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 09:09 AM   #130
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Defending him wasn't the point of my post.

Sure, it creates the potential for a power dynamic to be abused, but I don't think anyone is accusing him of taking advantage of that to coerce anyone into anything they didn't want to do.
I didn't mean to accuse you of defending him, or anyone... I wasn't sure if your post was specifically referring to Leo, or just a more general example where age disparities seem to occur...

In any case, hosting on a yacht is about as much of an imbalanced power dynamic as it gets, for anyone hahaha
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 11:45 AM   #131
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
Because of the implication
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 12:04 PM   #132
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Because of the implication
LMAO...I had almost forgot about this. Well done.

Clip for anyone unfamiliar.

NSFW!
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2023, 12:05 PM   #133
Icantwhisper
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
It's two consenting adults. Why it's anyone else's business is beyond me. Kinda like that thing with Henry Cavill a while back that got turned into a meme...

Partner 1: I consent
Partner 2: I consent
Internet Nobody: I DON'T CONSENT!
This thread in a nut shell

Also all this power dynamic talk, women are attracted to men in positions of power, if you have any sort of power in society how do you avoid the power dynamic? (besides the fact we all just kind of assume that's what's happening without any knowledge of his relationships)

Last edited by Icantwhisper; 02-10-2023 at 12:13 PM.
Icantwhisper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 02:27 PM   #134
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post

Do celebrities commit suicide and overdose at a higher rate than the general population? Honest question.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2023, 03:05 PM   #135
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How does a thread about young adult women fan girling and sleeping with much older former pretty boy celebrity last for 4 days?

next weeks debate here, if a man jump in a lake, will he get wet?
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote