Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2022, 01:24 PM   #181
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Congrats Surferguy. What a win.

I was wondering how much Karla put in the mind of the jurors that Cass was bad and who she swayed there. Usually with the edit you can see certain things, but it didn't seem as though Cass was THAT disliked at camp. It was always the feeling that Gabler was a tag-a-long to the final with no chance of winning. Something had to happen at Ponderosa or at camp that wasn't shown where Cass was the outcast.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brocoli For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2022, 07:27 PM   #182
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Yep it felt like a lot of groupthink by the jury before the final tribal, feels like they were all on the same page about what they wanted to hear. Would love to see some video of them all at Ponderosa debating what was going on, because it felt like there wasn't a lot of independent thinking going by the jury. People were getting swayed before the final, for sure.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2022, 01:10 PM   #183
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I honestly think that Cassidy answering one of those last questions wrong, stating that it was her play or ability to sway people to vote a certain way while it was pointed out to her that plan was already in place, and she was actually the back up vote, was the nail in the coffin for her.

I don't think that specific wrong answer was, but I think that is how the jury viewed her. Just one egg short of a dozen for most of the game. And that is why they didn't really rip her open about it, but were pretty polite or subtle, they already knew in their mind that was how her gameplay was perceived.
Old 12-16-2022, 01:13 PM   #184
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Also according to Cassidy a woman can't play the same game as a man and win. And Carla poisoned the jury:

Old 12-17-2022, 11:10 PM   #185
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
Congrats to surferguy who ordered the double double on Mike Gabler and takes the whole enchilada! A first in CP Survivor history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by surferguy View Post
One day it will work and on that day glory will be mine and mine alone.
The prophecy has come to be.

surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to surferguy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2022, 11:24 PM   #186
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Survivor 43

Just finished watching. Not the winner I expected but I’m ok with it. What a sincere and super likeable guy, Gabler is.

I was yelling at my tv when I saw Jesse’s wood choice for his fire. He shot himself in the foot from the start in the that challenge.

Lastly, I love the read the the votes out right away and have the reunion right away. I hope they continue that.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2022, 05:28 PM   #187
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was tough to see Jesse not take it. It's just the nature of how this game works now, but I've lost count of how many seasons the "rightful" winner is ousted right at the end.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-29-2022, 05:23 PM   #188
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was either a really poor edit or a really bitter jury.

I don’t think gabler deserved it over the others.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote