Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-10-2019, 02:25 PM   #8961
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
I'll take that bet. Especially since AI does not mean killer robots, as is often general hyperbole.
AI implies machine learning and independent decision making

I’d be very happy with data driven decision making and evaluation criteria and follow up.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:29 PM   #8962
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
AI implies machine learning and independent decision making

I’d be very happy with data driven decision making and evaluation criteria and follow up.
I couldn't be more excited for this. Businesses are already implementing this to improve their processes and activities. Governments should do the same. Data-driven decisions and strategies are going to be critical for our technology-based products and services in our everyday lifestyle.
Ozy_Flame is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:31 PM   #8963
Johnny Makarov
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rempel can eff off with her husband and form the Republican Party of Canada.

Quote:
“We were pleased to respond to this survey with a strong response that shows we’re the only party that cares about this city, we’re the only party that has got its back,” said Rempel.

“We are the only party that has a plan to get Calgary back to work and unapologetically stands up for Canada’s energy sector.”

In an update Thursday morning, he tweeted that the city had received responses from the Green party and the Liberal party.
Responding to the Nose Hill candidate on Twitter, Nenshi asked if Rempel’s submission was the “official” Conservative response, since the city had not heard from the party’s headquarters.

Rempel parried with some criticism of the mayor’s previous tweets and complained that the city had failed to send the survey directly to the campaign offices of Calgary candidates.

“Yeesh, Get it together,” she tweeted. “The people we represent hate this sort of stuff.”

“I agree people hate this stuff,” Nenshi responded. “Other parties just got it in with no drama. As in every election.”
https://calgaryherald.com/news/polit...calgary-survey
Old 10-10-2019, 02:38 PM   #8964
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

How many times has Calgary had YYC Matters? This isn't new. I am sure she's busy sending her minons out door knocking, but you'd think she would have remembered this or seen it somewhere if she felt any connection to this city.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 02:43 PM   #8965
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funny that Nenshi was the one who sounded calm, dignified, and offered to use her response as the official one if that was the case. Rempel flies off the handle trying to make a big deal of it. What a clown. Can't stand her and her "woe is me" brand of politics.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 02:50 PM   #8966
PeteMoss
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I think you're probably underestimating just how badly social conservatism plays in the country's major urban centres, especially among the 18-34 crowd. Admittedly, they're not a traditionally massive voting block but they were credited with swinging the last election and early indications are they will likely turn up again for this election.

Take a look at this map and you can see where the CPC are losing the election.

http://338canada.com/map.htm

Which is why it was so odd that they decided to run on a very similar platform in this election. They gambled that the last election was more of a referendum on Harper the person than it was on his policies and it's looking like that wasn't the whole story.

I remember after the last election, Don Martin was on CTV talking about how the CPC have had a really tough time recruiting young people to the party and how there were a lot of concerns internally about what the would mean for the future of the party, and it's looking like those concerns were valid, and yet they did nothing about it. There is nothing in the CPC platform so far that appeals to that 18-34 urban demographic. The dinosaurs got their leadership candidate and their platform and they're likely going to lose because of it.
I agree with this. Unless the Conservatives are really worried about the PPC stealing their voters they would do better with a non-social conservative. All the social conservatives will vote for them regardless unless they swing past the Liberals . The more the election is run on fiscal policy - the better for Conservatives.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #8967
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Well after seeing that the big story was a demand to fire Srgo and Battiste (Who should have been fired). By a conservative MP, I have to say, I'm almost out. I'm voting for me in a write in.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:07 PM   #8968
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
The Cons are planning a statement at 3:30 (according to Jonathan Kingstone of the Toronto Sun), and fwiw, True North are saying they have a big story to break this afternoon and gave Trudeau a noon deadline to respond.
Sooooo, did this happen, or...?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:09 PM   #8969
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Sooooo, did this happen, or...?
See Cap's post above. The big "statement" about Trudeau was just some Conservative candidate suggesting Srgo and Battiste be fired for their recent comments.

Total crock.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #8970
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Well after seeing that the big story was a demand to fire Srgo and Battiste (Who should have been fired). By a conservative MP, I have to say, I'm almost out. I'm voting for me in a write in.
I’m voting for Larry Heather,

If we are going to elect terrible people we might as well elect one that campaigns on being terrible.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:11 PM   #8971
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
See Cap's post above. The big "statement" about Trudeau was just some Conservative candidate suggesting Srgo and Battiste be fired for their recent comments.

Total crock.
Between this and the MS-13 stuff from yesterday, I'm guessing the CPC's internal polling must have them behind enough that they're taking hail mary shots now.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:12 PM   #8972
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

To be fair, I didn't see it hyped anywhere but by the user here. So it wasn't exactly like this was promoted as big election changing announcement.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 03:14 PM   #8973
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Total speculation on my part but they might have been planning to say something about Trudeau and the school but someone with an ounce of common sense or the party lawyers convinced them not to do it.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:15 PM   #8974
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
To be fair, I didn't see it hyped anywhere but by the user here. So it wasn't exactly like this was promoted as big election changing announcement.
Was just not gonna say, let's not act like one random FB post was a big deal or was being hyped across mainstream media channels. What a dumb issue to get worked up over against the Conservatives.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:17 PM   #8975
madmike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Total crock.
I mean it's a valid point, but it's nothing new. Why try to make it sound like it's a big new story? I really don't know why they pushed this out the way they did. It just makes them look desperate.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to madmike For This Useful Post:
Old 10-10-2019, 03:19 PM   #8976
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Was just not gonna say, let's not act like one random FB post was a big deal or was being hyped across mainstream media channels. What a dumb issue to get worked up over against the Conservatives.
It came directly from the CPC and was sent to all media...

They said: "a Conservative Party of Canada candidate will make an important statement about Justin Trudeau’s past behaviour"

It's pretty pathetic that the CPC would send that out to hype up a video of one of their candidates saying "you should fire these people!"
Old 10-10-2019, 03:19 PM   #8977
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Yeah, just like all those silly women, too.
It all started to go downhill when we let them vote.

Thanks to HD for the sig.
Boblobla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:20 PM   #8978
madmike
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Our office building has the CP24 feed going and it was posted on there so I was curious. It said something along the lines of the Conservatives releasing a statement about Trudeau's past. If this was all it was I don't get it.
madmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2019, 03:21 PM   #8979
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks View Post
Total speculation on my part but they might have been planning to say something about Trudeau and the school but someone with an ounce of common sense or the party lawyers convinced them not to do it.
This is my feeling as well. I think they had it booked to talk about the True North story, and when it came out as a pile of nothing, they called an audible. Not a great one, but infinitely better than coming out and saying "Oh look a student referenced his initials are in a YEARBOOK."

I think they were hoping it had meat.
Old 10-10-2019, 03:23 PM   #8980
The Fonz
Our Jessica Fletcher

Exp:

The CPC is very embarrassing. They are so bad at this.

The party needs new blood... a lot of it.
The Fonz is online now   Reply With Quote