Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2010, 12:40 PM   #41
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netskot View Post
Heed your own advise. I read everything he pointed just fine.

Try living like the other 5.5 billion people who have families and don't own big cars.

a 5 seater sedan is accomodating of 2 small children, a dog, luggage and strollers.
Car seats, booster seats and strollers have gotten larger in the past few years. The dog is a large breed. It's not outside the realm of possibility that his family might be feeling a little crowded in a Mazda 3 wagon once you add in luggage and all the kids' toys. Heck, it's almost like you are trying to tell the OP that his personal experience is wrong.

Not all 5 seaters are huge. I drive a Toyota Matrix which is a 5 seater wagon and I had trouble fitting 3 people plus luggage in mine.
Old 01-27-2010, 12:42 PM   #42
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
Car seats, booster seats and strollers have gotten larger in the past few years. The dog is a large breed. It's not outside the realm of possibility that his family might be feeling a little crowded in a Mazda 3 wagon once you add in luggage and all the kids' toys. Heck, it's almost like you are trying to tell the OP that his personal experience is wrong.

Not all 5 seaters are huge. I drive a Toyota Matrix which is a 5 seater wagon and I had trouble fitting 3 people plus luggage in mine.
Trolls know whats best for everyone. Thankfully we don't live in the 3rd world and are able to purchase vehicles that suit our needs.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:05 PM   #43
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Trolls know whats best for everyone. Thankfully we don't live in the 3rd world and are able to purchase vehicles that suit our needs.
Not to mention that the dog and kids won't be sitting still in their assigned places. Also, unless you like having a car covered in dog hair, you need to get something where the dog can be separated from the people. A mazda 3 hatchback might allow this but not in addition to cargo space. A toyota matrix or pontiac vibe might be an option for a car though. They each have a surprisingly large amount of cargo and seating.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:07 PM   #44
fredr123
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Netskot is among the legion of posters in the FOI forum that is unhappy with the team and would like to see major changes. He's bitter at me because I made a lame joke at his expense: http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...88#post2286288
fredr123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:11 PM   #45
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulkrogan View Post
^ You may just want to challenge for the minivan land speed record which currently sits at 121 mph held by our rental Toyota Sienna.
I've gone 160km/h... 100mph in my old REDVAN.

That thing was a bucket of rust (not actually rusty), it was 19 years old and falling appart at the seams. Poor sucker who bought it from us...

You may have gone faster, but I went scarier. I shat myself just thinking about that.
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM   #46
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Heed your own advise. I read everything he pointed just fine.

Try living like the other 5.5 billion people who have families and don't own big cars.

a 5 seater sedan is accomodating of 2 small children, a dog, luggage and strollers.
A compact sedan like a 3 is not capable of comfortably accommodating 2 adults, 2 kids, a large dog, strollers and luggage unless you have the tiniest possible strollers and your luggage is carry on size.

You assertions contrary to that are idiotic and claiming that 5.5 billion people are capable of that is a fallacy.

So it turns out you can read after all. Pity. Learning reading skills would be a lot easier than fixing what turns out to be your real issue.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:21 PM   #47
Reaper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
A toyota matrix or pontiac vibe might be an option for a car though. They each have a surprisingly large amount of cargo and seating.
The 2009 and newer Matrix/Vibe have significantly decreased interior room compare to the earlier models. I have a 2009 Matrix and my wife has a 2006 Matrix. The difference in room is very noticeable.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:45 PM   #48
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

May I suggest something that is actually good, Japanese and inexpensive? Subaru Outback or Forrester - AWD, good on gas, not too big, cheaper than Toyota.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:52 PM   #49
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

^ Everyone knows you're only allowed to drive a Forester if you're a lesbian. I wish I would have taken a picture of the two manly women in plaid jackets I saw filling up in Windermere.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:54 PM   #50
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
^ Everyone knows you're only allowed to drive a Forester if you're a lesbian. I wish I would have taken a picture of the two manly women in plaid jackets I saw filling up in Windermere.
Was Patrick Kane in the back seat?
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 02:55 PM   #51
Netskot
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenTeaFrapp View Post
claiming that 5.5 billion people are capable of that is a fallacy.
Incorrect. I've been to enough places to know this isn't a fallacy.

He was asking for advise in buying a new vehicle. I, more or less, suggested to him that the majority of the world makes it work with what he currently has. It might be not advise you or he agree with or want to hear, but that's not the point, is it?

I've travelled in a sedan with 5 adults and luggage and found it comfortable.
Netskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:57 PM   #52
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:

He was asking for advise in buying a new vehicle. I, more or less, suggested to him that the majority of the world makes it work with what he currently has. It might be not advise you or he agree with or want to hear, but that's not the point, is it?

Travelling in a sedan with 5 adults and luggage is much easier than travelling in a sedan with two adults, two children and a dog. The kids alone - along with the crap you need with you to care for them - take up WAY more room than three adults.

You really have no idea what you're talking about here.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:59 PM   #53
Netskot
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Travelling in a sedan with 5 adults and luggage is much easier than travelling in a sedan with two adults, two children and a dog. The kids alone - along with the crap you need with you to care for them - take up WAY more room than three adults.

You really have no idea what you're talking about here.
lol @ this.

k.
Netskot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:02 PM   #54
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Yeah, it's one thing to cram 4 guys who all bring a duffle bag with them on a road trip into a Civic or something. It's different when you have strollers/playpens/diaper bags, two car seats as well as a dog or two.

If he has the means to afford something better to get around, why shouldn't he be allowed to buy it?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:03 PM   #55
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

I travelled for a whole week with 5 other people through Italy in a freakin' Skoda (the old tiny commie ones). I spent the entire time sitting on someone's lap or lying across the 3 people in the back. I was 14. The only saving grace was that the Skoda overheated every 100km's or so, so i got the chance to stretch my legs while we let er' cool down.

It can be done!
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:06 PM   #56
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't, but it's better than a mini-van.

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:08 PM   #57
Berger_4_
First Line Centre

Exp:

Perhaps Netskot is one of the people pictured here?

I'll betcha they can fit fifteen adults comfortably with their luggage in a sedan.

If you took a burger off the grill and slapped it on your face, I'm pretty sure it would burn you. - kermitology
Berger_4_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:13 PM   #58
GreenTeaFrapp
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Maybe you should return to one of those places. Preferably one without internet access.

Quote:
The point is that the advise (sic) is idiotic and I'm calling you out for it since you don't know what the hell you're talking about .

Quote:
5 adults and luggage are not 2 adults, 2 little kids, a dog, strollers, and luggage. And what kind of sedan was it? You neglected to mention that part.
GreenTeaFrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #59
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
lol @ this.

k.
Do you have kids?
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 03:17 PM   #60
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeGeeWhy View Post
Do you have kids?
Obviously not.

Putting two car seats into a sedan precludes the use of the middle seat, unless Kate Moss is in there.

Tags
advice , clown car , hopefully not a minivan , vehicle