Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-05-2019, 09:17 PM   #221
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

This is pretty cool:

Quote:
"You know when we went into it we realized the gravity and the magnitude of that moment," Mackie said to IMDb. "It sends Steve off right. I didn't even know it was happening. We were at his house and he goes 'you excited?' I'm like 'what are you talking about?' and he goes 'you don't know?' I'm like 'no what' and he jumps up, runs out of the room, comes back in with the script."

"He's like 'read it!' And I read the scene and I'm like 'woah...' and he's like 'yeesssss!' We cried, we drank, we laughed, and it became this thing," he added. "I'm very happy that I got that moment with Chris, for him to not only pass me the shield but tell me what was happening in the script."

Old 05-05-2019, 09:37 PM   #222
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally saw it this afternoon with the family. Procrastinated on Ant-man and the Wasp and CM but watched them both last week.

Liked it. A lot. Loved parts of it but to the 3 separate families that brought their 3 and 4 year olds, #### you.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:26 AM   #223
icarus
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife worked for the better part of the past year on this film as an ILM Production Coordinator, so it was great to see her name in the credits after all the late nights, weekends and public holidays she spent in the office.

My personal highlight was seeing my sweater in the film on the Hulk. The ILM artists were having a hard time CGIing Mark Ruffalo's sweater in the diner scene (to get the weight, texture, etc right), and since I had one similar my wife took it in to work. It worked perfectly so what you see Hulk wearing in the diner is effectively my sweater (which I wore to the crew premiere). Now to set up that IMDB page...
Old 05-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #224
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched Endgame again, and finally watched Captain Marvel just before.

I liked both movies, but Captain Marvel is so overpowered its kind of retconning the rest of the MCU into being weak.

She slaughters Ronan the Accusers fleet in seconds (in GOTG he did not have to use the Power Stone unless face to face). It took the Guardians and Nova Core to take him on, and really they still lost.

She fights Thanos to a standstill, when it took Thor, Cap and Iron Man to do the same.

And she is so arrogant that she doesn't even have the tempering quality of Superman's Kansas upbringing.

It takes me out of the movie at a time when that it not what you want to happen. They could have just as easily had Scarlett Witch and Captain Marvel attaining a similar result together, and spread out the god-mode.

What on earth do you do with her going forward? Heel turn? Her and Adam Warlock cripple each other in some way?
Old 05-06-2019, 10:26 AM   #225
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Ugh. I’m not linking that Far From Home trailer. Has a real bad jumped the shark vibe to it.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:44 AM   #226
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It looks pretty good though...?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:48 AM   #227
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I think it looks great. I loved that he mentions multi-verse. Opens up for a live action Spiderverse movie. Get Toby Maguire back as "old" Spiderman.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 11:33 AM   #228
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Thoughts on new spiderman, with somewhat obvious speculation:

Spoiler!
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:01 PM   #229
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Ugh. I’m not linking that Far From Home trailer. Has a real bad jumped the shark vibe to it.
Really? Pretty much looks like a Marvel movie IMO.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:18 PM   #230
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah the new Spiderman looks great to me. No complaints here at all. Tom Holland has quickly become the best Peter Parker yet too, in my opinion.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:42 PM   #231
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I didn't get that feeling from it.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 12:59 PM   #232
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm confused by people's response to the Spiderman trailer.

Spoiler!
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #233
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I'm confused by people's response to the Spiderman trailer.

Spoiler!
Spoiler!
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #234
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I agree with the sentiment that the multiverse thing will be a creation by Mysterio to distract away from his true purpose there.

Seems to have SHIELD suckered in pretty good, or is that really Fury? Another illusion? IS THERE EVEN A REAL MOVIE!?!? WHAT.. WHAT... WHAT THE HELL IM JUST IN A WHITE SPACE NOW. HELLO!?!?

etc..
Old 05-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #235
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yea, different quantum realities exist, but something as big as the Multi-Verse hasn't really been explored. You'd need to apply a lot of weird rules that wouldn't work. Just with Endgame, MCU time travel logic would make the latest Deadpool movie pretty funny. Cable went back in time for nothing. Deadpool went back in time just to be an arssehole to kill himself and baby Hitler in some other timeline.

Last edited by FlameOn; 05-06-2019 at 02:48 PM.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:03 PM   #236
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
And War Machine, cause Don Cheadle is old too and was greying up. Plus nobody would shed a tear if he died
War Machine is the best superhero name ever.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:24 PM   #237
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

In the scene with all the female superheroes it wasn't all of them coming together that was off putting (I didn't even think of the little kids that loved this) It was the fact that CM just flew through a giant spaceship and brought it down on her own and everyone had to band together to get her to the van? I supposed Thanos was in between but it seemed odd and forced to me.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 03:55 PM   #238
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
In the scene with all the female superheroes it wasn't all of them coming together that was off putting (I didn't even think of the little kids that loved this) It was the fact that CM just flew through a giant spaceship and brought it down on her own and everyone had to band together to get her to the van? I supposed Thanos was in between but it seemed odd and forced to me.
When Peter Parker asked her how she was going to get it through all those aliens I pre-smiled thinking she was about to give Pete a lesson in superpowers. Then the 'girl power' scene happened, and I was a little disappointed they weren't just going to show off Captain Marvel being the badass female hero.

The scene was fine to me because I knew what it represented and the impact it would have, but I really just wanted to see Danvers kick some ass through the whole movie.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 04:43 PM   #239
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, the one drawback of the movie you could say is how neutered they had to portray Captain Marvel. Marvel has the Superman problem now in trying to make movies with her engaging and interesting, and showing off just how powerful she is, while giving her a formidable adversary.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 07:58 PM   #240
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yes this was my problem with her in her solo movie.. she was very boring by the end.

Jackson's 90's Fury was the highlight of that movie for sure.

Moving forward i am not sure what tent poles the MCU will be set up on, but hopefully Thor still has some parts outside of GOTG.