Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-27-2023, 10:49 AM   #101
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's too difficult to say what kind of quality the jerseys will have. I think if you look back at the last 30 years or so, my favourite NHL jersey quality was Pro Player. I have a red Jarome Iginla from the 1999-2000 season that's excellent quality.
Sidney Crosby's Hat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:55 AM   #102
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
It's too difficult to say what kind of quality the jerseys will have. I think if you look back at the last 30 years or so, my favourite NHL jersey quality was Pro Player. I have a red Jarome Iginla from the 1999-2000 season that's excellent quality.
I agree with that for Authentics. The Pro Player Replicas had logos that crinkled easy with use.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:57 AM   #103
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy89 View Post
I agree with that for Authentics. The Pro Player Replicas had logos that crinkled easy with use.
Yeah, I had one of those. It was weird because once it crinkled it ended up looking kind of like a fake, except fakes weren't really a thing back then.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 10:58 AM   #104
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah, I mean authentics and a note about not judging a company by their replicas. I never bought a Pro Player replica.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:00 AM   #105
jayswin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidney Crosby's Hat View Post
Oh yeah, I mean authentics and a note about not judging a company by their replicas. I never bought a Pro Player replica.
Imo, they should be judged by their replicas because that's what the majority of fans can afford. I hate the whole "here's our nice one for more than most fans can afford, or if you're a peasant, here's a complete hunk of junk for $130".
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-27-2023, 11:04 AM   #106
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

We're spoiled today compared to the crap jerseys we had to put up with back in the 80s and early 90s. Even the worst Fanatics replicas now are better than those.
Old 03-27-2023, 11:06 AM   #107
Sidney Crosby's Hat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
We're spoiled today compared to the crap jerseys we had to put up with back in the 80s and early 90s. Even the worst Fanatics replicas now are better than those.
Yes, people here love CCM but man those replicas in the early 90s were so bad. I also have a replica McDonald Sandow SK from the 80s that was terrible. Crest is made of some weird fabric and there aren't even numbers on the arms.
Old 03-27-2023, 03:20 PM   #108
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

For me the best replicas were the CCM / Koho series 550 that were available from 2000-2005. Those were close to the authentic but very affordable. Only differences were the logos were a different material, but still very good, lacked the fight strap, weren't as bulky and did not have double reinforced elbows. Otherwise it was the same air knit fabric and were very durable.

The reebok Premier's released afterwards were a serious step down with all the pilling that would occur and the extra cheap vinyl shoulder patches.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 11:13 AM   #109
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

If anyone here is a jersey nerd you likely know that the Adidas authentic jersey’s aren’t quite up to snuff compared to the actual jerseys the players wear. There a quite a few quality differences. The players wear uniforms manufactured in Canada and the adidas authentics are made in China.

Good news is Fanatics has confirmed that made in Canada authentic jerseys will be returning when they take over. Looks like they are really putting an effort in to change their reputation with hockey fans.

https://t.co/dZ1rzFoGmK
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bax For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 11:34 AM   #110
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
If anyone here is a jersey nerd you likely know that the Adidas authentic jersey’s aren’t quite up to snuff compared to the actual jerseys the players wear. There a quite a few quality differences. The players wear uniforms manufactured in Canada and the adidas authentics are made in China.

Good news is Fanatics has confirmed that made in Canada authentic jerseys will be returning when they take over. Looks like they are really putting an effort in to change their reputation with hockey fans.

I'll believe it when I see it. That company has a very long track record of horrible quality control, shoddy craftsmanship, and beyond abysmal customer service. A MIC from Fanatics doesn't really get me excited.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 12:14 PM   #111
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
I'll believe it when I see it. That company has a very long track record of horrible quality control, shoddy craftsmanship, and beyond abysmal customer service. A MIC from Fanatics doesn't really get me excited.
For their replica gear, totally. That stuff was designed to be a cheaper, worse alternative to the actual jerseys. I’ve never even bothered with them. It’s apples to oranges and not really a fair comparison in my opinion.

Their on field and authentic gear from the NFL and MLB has been just fine from what I can tell. The fact the factory isn’t changing keeps me optimistic as well.

I totally understand the “wait and see” approach, but at least it sounds like they are making an effort to do this right. Judging their authentic offering before it’s even released based on their replica series doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to me.

Last edited by bax; 04-03-2023 at 02:30 PM.
Old 04-03-2023, 12:23 PM   #112
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Indonesia.

Good to hear that Fanatics wants to repair their rep, would be nice to have the ability to buy actual MiC NHL authentic jerseys again instead of pseudo-authentic Indo-Adidas. But still very much a wait-and-see for me.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 12:43 PM   #113
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

All that's saying is that the jerseys made in Quebec for on-ice purposes will be the same awesome quality we know and love for MIC jerseys. It says nothing about the replica or retail jerseys which are the source of all of the concern.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cowboy89 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-03-2023, 12:59 PM   #114
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Imo, they should be judged by their replicas because that's what the majority of fans can afford. I hate the whole "here's our nice one for more than most fans can afford, or if you're a peasant, here's a complete hunk of junk for $130".
Yeah, the one thing that people maybe forget about the current Adidas retail jerseys is that they reset the price point for what the average fan has to pay. Sure, the Addias ones are better than the old Reebok replicas, but now you're paying $200 instead of $140 (or whatever it was). If you're paying 42% more, you'd hope it's a better product.

I think they tried to pass it off as "now it's an 'authentic' jersey" (even though it isn't) but for better or for worse they've now normalized that $200 price point.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 01:02 PM   #115
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

I know Im in the vast majority but I've loved every one of my fanatics jerseys and the ones I get my kids. I have no beef with this move
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 01:15 PM   #116
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
All that's saying is that the jerseys made in Quebec for on-ice purposes will be the same awesome quality we know and love for MIC jerseys. It says nothing about the replica or retail jerseys which are the source of all of the concern.
???

“The NHL on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys at retail will all be Made in Canada by SP Apparel in Quebec.”
Old 04-03-2023, 05:02 PM   #117
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
???

“The NHL on-ice uniforms and authentic jerseys at retail will all be Made in Canada by SP Apparel in Quebec.”
This is the first place anyone has mentioned that they will sell on-ice Authentic in retail.

If true, get ready for a massive price gouge though. If a lettered MLB jersey costs ~ $600 CAD, be prepared for even higher hockey jersey costs.

https://www.mlbshop.ca/en/toronto-blue-jays/mens-toronto-blue-jays-vladimir-guerrero-jr-nike-white-home-authentic-player-jersey/t-14890135+p-3639778110958+z-9-2047103616?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c1o-4
Old 04-03-2023, 08:23 PM   #118
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
This is the first place anyone has mentioned that they will sell on-ice Authentic in retail.

If true, get ready for a massive price gouge though. If a lettered MLB jersey costs ~ $600 CAD, be prepared for even higher hockey jersey costs.

https://www.mlbshop.ca/en/toronto-blue-jays/mens-toronto-blue-jays-vladimir-guerrero-jr-nike-white-home-authentic-player-jersey/t-14890135+p-3639778110958+z-9-2047103616?_ref=p-DLP:m-GRID:i-r1c1o-4
I shared the article stating they would be selling MIC authentics.

You commented that the article didn’t say that (when it clearly did).

Now the issue is it’s only one source? I’m not sure what to tell you man, I’m just sharing what I read!
Old 04-03-2023, 08:28 PM   #119
FormerPresJamesTaylor
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
I know Im in the vast majority but I've loved every one of my fanatics jerseys and the ones I get my kids. I have no beef with this move
Some people have no taste and can't tell quality.
FormerPresJamesTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:40 PM   #120
jayswin

Exp:

Just a heads up for anyone that's still looking for Flames jerseys. Pro hockey life has a sale on until April 16th. You can get any NHL jerseys, including the Prime Green for 25% off, and free shipping. Actually it's all jerseys, fan wear and accessories. Pretty good sale if you're still looking for a blasty or reverse retro.

That's an even bigger discount than season ticket holders got through the CGY team store. Reverse retro authentic comes out to $160ish with tax, the home and aways are $10 cheaper than that.

https://www.prohockeylife.com/pages/flyers

Last edited by jayswin; 04-03-2023 at 10:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:

Tags
edmonton is no good.