Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2020, 11:16 PM   #3941
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Ok so it’s definitely about a guy and a monkey having coffee in a train station talking about a murder but beyond that I don’t really know what I just watched.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2020, 10:53 AM   #3942
Ark2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Ok so it’s definitely about a guy and a monkey having coffee in a train station talking about a murder but beyond that I don’t really know what I just watched.
That was probably the worst thing that I have ever seen. Would love it if someone could explain why it is anything but a flaming pile of nonsense.
Ark2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 09:33 AM   #3943
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I only made it through about 6 minutes and decided to pull the chute. Only take away from that is yup, David Lynch was bored.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 11:49 AM   #3944
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just binged the current season of Line of Duty. This series is a gem. If you’re not watching it give it a go.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2020, 11:54 AM   #3945
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ark2 View Post
That was probably the worst thing that I have ever seen. Would love it if someone could explain why it is anything but a flaming pile of nonsense.
David Lynch punks Netflix?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 01:54 PM   #3946
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I think that just proves that Netflix will throw money at any idea to get content.
Robbob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 03:05 PM   #3947
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone watch the stranger yet? Watched the first two episodes and I'm not sure my feelings
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2020, 05:37 PM   #3948
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

First Chinese drama to air simultaneously in China and on Netflix is Handsome Siblings.

It's really good if you want to try something different. I'm up to Episode 20.

https://www.netflix.com/ca/title/80996973

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:28 PM   #3949
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just finished the docuseries The Pharmacist. Really well done. The dad was totally likeable and determined to do the right thing in a pretty sad story. Wish there were more people like him in the world when you go through the series and realize how maddening the situation was. As a documentary it was excellent.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2020, 09:45 PM   #3950
peter12
Franchise Player

Exp:

My partner and I must binged Next In Fashion. I loved it.
peter12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 09:58 AM   #3951
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Anyone else watching The Messiah? I'm four or five episodes deep and really enjoying it.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sliver For This Useful Post:
Old 02-07-2020, 10:50 AM   #3952
mac_82
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Locke and Key is out today. I enjoyed the graphic novels, so this is at the top of my watch list this weekend.
mac_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:48 PM   #3953
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Anyone else watching The Messiah? I'm four or five episodes deep and really enjoying it.
Gotta love Al Massey
Old 02-10-2020, 04:40 AM   #3954
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh man that last episode of Dracula was so bad. I didn't have a problem with the modern setting it was just clumsily written. I should have stopped watching when the lawyer showed up because the ending was even dumber. Kind of ruined what had so far been a good miniseries.

I've also caught up on a bunch of comedy:

Seth Myers, Lobby Baby: I don't watch late night and am not very familiar with Seth but this was probably my favourite stand up of 2019. He has a great stage presence and delivery with lots of laughs throughout. I found the jokes near the end about his wife especially hilarious and relatable.

Mike Birbiglia, The New One: A good contribution to the style of combining comedy with emotional personal stories. A little slow to get going but overall really funny and makes you think. There is a big moment that is especially awesome and hilarious.

Michelle Wolf, Joke Show: Not really relatable for me at all but I must admit this is a comedian at the top of her game. Just elite comedic timing and delivery while being absolutely savage. I laughed a lot and cringed a lot. My wife laughed her ass off the entire time.

Ronny Chieng, Asian Comedian Destroys America & Iliza Shlesinger, Unveiled: I've put these two together as I don't really have anything special to say about either. Just solid comedians with solid material. If you are a fan you will enjoy.

John Mulaney & the Sack Lunch Bunch: I love Mulaney and the premise but this fell flat with the jokes getting old fast. It might have worked better as a series of shorts instead of a lengthy special.

Jenny Slate, Stage Fright: Ugh. Note to self if a comedy special has to be inter spliced with personal home videos it's probably because the stand up is bad. I didn't laugh once and fell asleep after 20 minutes. I should have turned it off sooner.
Old 02-10-2020, 08:24 AM   #3955
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Yep it was great. looking forward to season 2.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:44 PM   #3956
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Narcos: Mexico Season 2 comes out this Thursday.

Watched Uncut Gems this weekend and thought it was good. As others have said it is very 'loud'. There is a ton of dialogue and at a pretty high volume but I think that helps set the mood of the movie. A very different Adam Sandler than I have seen before and I thought he did a good job.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 01:57 PM   #3957
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've been slowly going through the Netflix 'Pandemic' Documentary.

Its okay, there are some interesting segments about Global Pandemic efforts in China to control spread of Flu (this Doc focuses on Swine Flu) and some other interesting stories.

You do have to sift through some of the patently uninteresting personal stories of some local Doctors in Rural USA, etc although the segments with the Doctors in India are occasionally interesting although they would be moreso if they indicated a little more where the funding comes from and how they decide who gets treatment in rural locales and how its dealt with logistically.

It takes a lot of effort to overlook the nonsense from the group of Hippies fighting Vaccination legislation though. But if looking for another reason to detest Anti-Vaxxer Hippies is your thing then you can fill your boots here. I do find the concept of 'Parents know better than Doctors.....until they dont and its usually too late, damage done' to be more than a little infuriating. I think they should take those same goal-posts and apply it across the board medically.

"You know best. You fix it. For you and your Families the Hospitals are closed."

Anyways, enough about that nonsense, the Documentary is nothing ground-breaking or anything but there are moments of interesting content.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 11:03 AM   #3958
Oil Stain
Franchise Player

Exp:

Norsemen is a silly version of Vikings.

I think its fantastic.
Oil Stain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oil Stain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2020, 02:38 AM   #3959
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop