Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 07-24-2018, 09:21 PM   #41
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Man, there has to be some panicked people and attorneys of people who are realizing they got hoodwinked, but their episode hasn't aired yet.
Or they’re like Dick Cheney and just hope and pray someone else takes the spotlight and their idiocy flies under the radar.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 03:10 PM   #42
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Impulse should I watch it?
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 01:48 AM   #43
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Why is the Great British Bake Off called the Great British Baking Show in North America? Do Americans not understand what a bake off is?
Old 07-27-2018, 02:05 AM   #44
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
Why is the Great British Bake Off called the Great British Baking Show in North America? Do Americans not understand what a bake off is?
https://www.pillsbury.com/bake-off-contest

Quote:
Bake-Off is a registered trademark of The Pillsbury Company.
Old 07-27-2018, 08:32 AM   #45
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
No. And nor should they. Baking is just baking.

The concept of competitive baking bottles my mind.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #46
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Started watching the new JJ Abrams/Stephen King series Castle Rock last night. Pretty compelling so far, and it's got a great cast. It's also fun spotting all the references to previous King stories.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-27-2018, 11:54 AM   #47
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Started watching the new JJ Abrams/Stephen King series Castle Rock last night. Pretty compelling so far, and it's got a great cast. It's also fun spotting all the references to previous King stories.
Thanks! Will try this
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:18 AM   #48
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm into the show Six. I enjoyed season 1 and then I notice they were filming season 2 along my mail route for Canada post. So been trying to pick out spots, but for some reason I haven't really noticed anything except maybe a gas station. Anyways still have been enjoying it.

Last edited by Hockey; 08-02-2018 at 12:10 AM.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 07:07 AM   #49
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

I've seen all the clips on YouTube from Who is America? but I finally got around to watching the first episode.

I think it's great when they bring these politicians or lobbyists out but in the first episode the art dealer is not involved in politics. She is basically a little strange but seemed like a really nice lady. I found this article online and it talks about what the show has done to her. Makes me a little sour on Cohen. I know it's her own fault and no one made her say it but it kind of sucks they have likely ruined her career.

Quote:
WITW: You’re a respected member of the art community, you’re an accomplished woman and you seem like a very nice person — did you feel in any way like the show exploited you?

CC: No one will ever probably take me seriously as an art dealer again. I guess I’ll have to find a new profession. Luckily I love the beach so i’ll just maybe just be a do nothing sit around.

WITW: How did your family and friends react to it?

CC: I’ve just put myself in a closet. I’m ignoring, pretty much, people who aren’t being positive but it’s kinda hard to do.

WITW: And what about the reaction from your colleagues?

CC: I didn’t go to work for three days.
https://womenintheworld.com/2018/07/...ca-speaks-out/
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 08:16 AM   #50
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

She knew she was on camera. She knew it was gonna be on tv. Does it matter it was a fake character?

Plus, like Sanders and Koppel, not everyone looks bad. Some people handle it well. I thought she came out looking wacky but was respectful and funny. I’m actually surprised she’s not an internet legend, in a good way, and figured her art shop would’ve blown up.

It’s too bad she feels that way but no one forced her to do those things. If she’s actually into art made of bodily fluid she should own it and be proud, #### the haters. If she was pretending for the camera, well, what was she thinking? I guess she shouldn’t have played along.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 09:20 AM   #51
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

According to her interview they really played to her emotions and gave a big back story for the character Sasha was playing. She said she felt a lot of empathy for him.

Sanders, a seasoned politician and presidential contender, and Koppel, one of the most respected newsmen ever, are not in the same league as a local art dealer from Laguna Beach. These guys have been coached and trained on how to act in front of a camera. It doesn't intimidate them. I guess I just feel like she didn't do anything wrong so it doesn't seem right to have her life ruined.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 03:33 PM   #52
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got caught up on Sharp Objects last night, and it's excellent so far. The subject matter is quite dark and it's a super slow burn, so some people might not be into it. The acting is top notch though and the story is intriguing enough to suck you in. Amy Adams knocks it out of the park as usual. The grim atmosphere reminds me a bit of True Detective.

So far the murder/mystery part of the story is almost treated as background material, as the first 3 episodes are more of a character study on Camille, her family, and the history of the town. I'm hoping they'll start delving more into the murders over the remaining 5 episodes. I thought the detective character would play more of a role, but so far he's been really underused, probably on purpose.
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 07-29-2018, 10:07 PM   #53
Meelapo
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm working my way through "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". It's an incredible show. One of the more recent episodes I watched pertained to the gang buying a boat. The dialogue in one scene between Mac and Dennis is amazingly funny.

Meelapo is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Meelapo For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2018, 09:37 AM   #54
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, if you're not following Always Sunny you're in for a treat. Each episode is its own gold.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-30-2018, 09:41 AM   #55
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meelapo View Post
I'm working my way through "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia". It's an incredible show. One of the more recent episodes I watched pertained to the gang buying a boat. The dialogue in one scene between Mac and Dennis is amazingly funny.

Wait wait, have you got to the D.E.N.N.I.S. system yet????

Oh my, you are in for a treat.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 12:11 AM   #56
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey View Post
I'm into the show Six. I enjoyed season 1 and then I notice they were filming season 2 along my mail route for Canada post. So been trying to pick out spots, but for some reason I haven't really noticed anything except maybe a gas station. Anyways still have been enjoying it.

So tonight was the series finale and the show got cancelled. Really really hope another network picks it up. It can't end like it did. So much left open.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:12 PM   #57
CofR
Olympic Guru

Exp:

Sharp Objects on HBO has been excellent so far, a bit of a slow burn but I highly recommend it.
CofR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CofR For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 07:32 PM   #58
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

One of my favourite shows has come to an end. The Chris Gethard Show started on cable access and then did three seasons on obscure cable networks Fusion and TruTV.

It’s a crazy, frenetic show where anything can happen. It’s probably not most people’s cup of tea but the best episode (along with all of the cable access and Fusions eps) is on YouTube. It features Paul Scheer and Jason Mantzoukas guess what’s in a dumpster. It’s must-watch television.

DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2018, 09:19 PM   #59
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

^Holy ####. That was un real. Super funny too.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #60
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you're just looking to be entertained, I highly recommend the series "Banshee", which aired for 4 seasons on Cinemax between 2013 and 2016. The basic premise is about a career thief who assumes the identity of a murdered lawman and becomes the sheriff of a small crime-infested Pennsylvania town.

It's a hell of a lot of fun, and it's got a little bit of everything: an intriguing story, solid acting and dialogue, brutal over-the-top violence and gore, salty language, heaps of gratuitous nudity, and a satisfying finale. Well worth checking out in my opinion.