Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-29-2011, 11:38 PM   #101
RT14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Solid effort tonight. Thought Tanguay played great and Comeau impressed more with his speed and effort, albeit he took a bad penalty near the end, but points have gotta come sometime.

Congrats to Kipper on the SO! Wasn't tested a ton but made the big saves when needed.

Part of me fears putting up a few more wins will only give the team a false hope in their chance of playoffs and we just end up moving down the draft board. The other part of me will feel that maybe there's a chance afterall!...oh well, until that inevitable time I will enjoy this win!
RT14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:39 PM   #102
Bar-Down
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Who has a video of the Comeau hit? It was a beauty! I like his hustle. As soon as he gets a couple points/goals I think he could go on a run, just needs to build some confidence after such a rough start.
Old 11-29-2011, 11:50 PM   #103
Hatter
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Love Comeau's enthusiasm. That being said, he is a total spaz. I laugh every time the puck randomly flies off his stick. He needs to glue-stick that thing before the game or something.

Smith was awesome, Tanguay was better today, Iginla needs to forget about his stickhandling camp and just push the puck with his stick 2003 style.

On the Pred's side, Rinne was unbelievable. Love watching him play.
Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 11:57 PM   #104
Savvy27
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was happy to see Jokinen make two good defensive plays in the last 30 seconds, once intercepting a pass and getting it out, then running out the clock by holding it in his feet. I still don't like him and Iginla on a line together. Iggy turns off Jokinen's shooting option for whatever reason and Glencross slips into making stupid "cute" passes that hardly ever work.

-Tanguay picked up his play again and what a difference it makes.
-I would be interested to see a Glencross-Jokinen-Comeau line. He skates well and he's got that north-south game. I think he might be able to pot a few goals with those guys.
-Horak had his best game in a while tonight.
-Backlund was smothered by Weber a few times... man is Weber strong/good, certainly one of the best in the game right now
-Stempniak was quiet again, but that was unsurprising as he is a really good transition player and Nashville is loathe to take any chances
-I couldn't believe in the third period with 5 minutes left down by one and Nashville still didn't want to send in even one guy on the forecheck.
-It's so nice seeing Iggy and Tanguay play better
-Kipper is awesome

Go Flames Go!
Savvy27 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Savvy27 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2011, 12:06 AM   #105
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy27 View Post
I was happy to see Jokinen make two good defensive plays in the last 30 seconds, once intercepting a pass and getting it out, then running out the clock by holding it in his feet. I still don't like him and Iginla on a line together. Iggy turns off Jokinen's shooting option for whatever reason and Glencross slips into making stupid "cute" passes that hardly ever work.

-Tanguay picked up his play again and what a difference it makes.
-I would be interested to see a Glencross-Jokinen-Comeau line. He skates well and he's got that north-south game. I think he might be able to pot a few goals with those guys.
-Horak had his best game in a while tonight.
-Backlund was smothered by Weber a few times... man is Weber strong/good, certainly one of the best in the game right now
-Stempniak was quiet again, but that was unsurprising as he is a really good transition player and Nashville is loathe to take any chances
-I couldn't believe in the third period with 5 minutes left down by one and Nashville still didn't want to send in even one guy on the forecheck.
-It's so nice seeing Iggy and Tanguay play better
-Kipper is awesome

Go Flames Go!
It was good of coach to manage to get the Iginla line free of the Weber matchup a couple of times. Good. Some chances at least. Good coach.
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #106
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar-Down View Post
Who has a video of the Comeau hit? It was a beauty! I like his hustle. As soon as he gets a couple points/goals I think he could go on a run, just needs to build some confidence after such a rough start.
Moreover, how about a video on that awful penalty. What has the league come to when players are penalized for THAT?

I miss pre-2004.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:09 AM   #107
minnow
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bar-Down View Post
I hope he does, seems really promising!
minnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:45 AM   #108
JurassicTunga12
Franchise Player

Exp:

Brodie has looked fantastic, really impressed with him. The Flames played a real good game and beat the Preds at their own game.

Congrats to Smith for his first goal, and Kipper shutout AWWW YEEEEE. Now we just gotta consistently string some wins together.
JurassicTunga12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:42 AM   #109
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike F View Post
Get Bourque off this team
fyp, I've had it with him. He needs to start fresh. Just send us a solid pick or prospect just please take him off our hands.

Last edited by Hockey_Ninja; 11-30-2011 at 01:46 AM.
Hockey_Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:46 AM   #110
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey_Ninja For This Useful Post:
Old 11-30-2011, 02:59 AM   #111
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeway View Post
Good, solid 60 minute effort. First period they couldn't complete a damned pass, but they kept at it and put up two points.
Well said and the bonus, it was a SHUTOUT win! Keep it going now and string a few victories together.
Old 11-30-2011, 08:11 AM   #112
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskflames96 View Post
baaam!

On a more sombre note.. Gio's hurt.
Frickin Philidelphia Collins is awesome. I laughed hard at that one.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:30 AM   #113
you got PHANUEFED
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

2 points thats all that counts now lets go for 3 and string some games together.
you got PHANUEFED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 08:31 AM   #114
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieHARDflameZ View Post
I honestly think that was the best game I've seen Bouwmeester play as a Flame. The guy was unreal in his own end! Brodie was outstanding as well! Kudos to the entire defence they battled all night long, and it was probably the team's best defensive effort all year in my opinion. Tanguay looked miles better tonight, and Iginla and Jokinen actually seemed to have a bit of chemistry oddly enough. Horak was great again, and Backlund was looking sharp out there as well. I felt Glencross was really fighting the puck and Bourque has to be the most frustrating player to watch... Other than that, Congrats to Smith on his first NHL goal, and hats off to Kipper for the shutout. Hopefully Giordano is alright.
I was kinda thinking that as well but then I started watch the Preds forwards and good grief do they suck like that every night? If only the Flames could play teams like this all the time who show little imagination, take hardly any chances and just look to grind out a win.

That takes a bit of the luster off the performance but still they did beat them at their own game.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #115
Zee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I think this is what you call a "lunch bucket" win. Both teams are very similar.
Zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:37 AM   #116
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Nashville has become the Minnesota Wild. ZZZZZZZZZZ
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 09:41 AM   #117
Hanna Sniper
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote: