Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-10-2015, 10:20 PM   #161
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really didn't want this show to be made. Boy, am I glad they didn't listen to me.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:59 AM   #162
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was way off concerning the Mike angle. Another incredible episode that really fleshed out that character, and actually contributed a bit to Saul as well.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 09:20 AM   #163
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Anyone watching the show play Far Cry 3? It's funny to recognize a character (Nacho) that you first saw rendered in video game form (Vaas Montenegro).
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #164
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

The last episode was superb storytelling. Hard to imagine that was just 45 minutes long.

His daughter-in-law looks like a slightly more disheveled version Lydia from BB.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 12:29 PM   #165
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Really good episode. It was smart of them to have Mike be integral to the show as he's such a good character. The only real flaw which is unavoidable that Mike looks to have aged some from his Breaking Bad days which is backwards with the timelines.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #166
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Really good episode. It was smart of them to have Mike be integral to the show as he's such a good character. The only real flaw which is unavoidable that Mike looks to have aged some from his Breaking Bad days which is backwards with the timelines.
make he gets a really good dermatologist in Albuquerque

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
What plot twist?

Spoiler!

Last edited by AcGold; 03-12-2015 at 05:36 PM.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:01 PM   #167
Obsidian
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Liked the Mike backstory, though it was abnormally dark and lacking in comic relief, definitely out of the 'norm' the show has set so far. And while Saul was in it, it was for a small part of the episode. In a way it was refreshing, but felt like it diverted from the show's formula so far.

Also makes you curious as to where it can go, given the range of atmosphere and varying levels of seriousness the show has brought to this point.
Obsidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:08 AM   #168
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
Spoiler!
Oh. I thought that was obvious. In fact his aluminum blanket is basically a cliche; it's literally tinfoil hat territory. Incidentally, Jimmy doing con-man like things may be a trigger but it's not like it's the cause of the delusion; mental illness doesn't work like that.

Also you're discussing a past episode, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 08:14 AM   #169
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh. I thought that was obvious. In fact his aluminum blanket is basically a cliche; it's literally tinfoil hat territory. Incidentally, Jimmy doing con-man like things may be a trigger but it's not like it's the cause of the delusion; mental illness doesn't work like that.

Also you're discussing a past episode, I don't think spoiler tags are necessary?
The whole point of spoiler tags is to not ruin something for someone who hasn't had a chance to watch it.

What do you think it's for, people from the future?
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:41 AM   #170
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the first 2 episodes were good but I thought it was going to drop off but this show is actually better than I thought it was going to be. I'm loving the Mike backstory going on, I'm just waiting for the stuff with his brother to end already. It's all good man.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:30 AM   #171
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
make he gets a really good dermatologist in Albuquerque

Spoiler!
It was never implied that his brother was actually allergic to electricity nor have his symptoms changed at all based on Jimmy's actions. He has either been suffering from it or not. Chuck was a successful named partner at a law firm while Jimmy was running various cons as well as while Jimmy was turning his life around and becoming a lawyer. There is no reason to believe that when Chuck came down with this Jimmy was anything other than a down on his luck lawyer.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:40 AM   #172
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
The whole point of spoiler tags is to not ruin something for someone who hasn't had a chance to watch it.
Just going by the rules of the Walking Dead thread...
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-13-2015, 09:59 AM   #173
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah, I think once its aired it is fair game for discussion. If I PVR something, like TWD or GoT, I stay out of the thread until I've watched the episode.

Common sense, really.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:17 AM   #174
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I know he didn't have to put a spoiler, but you asked him a question and he answered it. Instead of thanking him, you commented on his "spoiler" tag.

I'd prefer someone tag it when they don't have to, rather than not tag it when they should have.

I just don't see why it was worth of a comment, came off to me in a negative manner, thats all.

Back to the show, the last show was the best one by far and I'm actually looking forward to the next one.
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 10:19 AM   #175
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

I apparently can't tell when my internet comments sound negative.

All I meant was he didn't have to do that in future, unless someone were to correct me and tell me the rules are different for this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 03-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #176
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I'm still completely missing something here.
Old 03-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #177
GilmourforLeeman
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flabbibulin View Post
Sorry if this has been discussed, but I wonder if a Gus Fring spin off has ever been seriously considered? A web search is showing a bunch of fan talk/speculation on this, but never really anything concrete from BB creators. I'm sure I am late to the game on this discussion, but this is much more intriguing to me than a Saul spin off. I wouldn't be surprised if Fring shows up on Better Call Saul at some point. It is clear from BB that Goodman and Fring had some dealings in the past.

I am enjoying Better Call Saul, but can understand people saying it is thin on material. There is no way a Gus Fring show would ever be light on material imo and could take a number of different paths- no way they would need a slow start. I could see the show starting immediately after that first meeting with the Mexican cartel and possibly going to flashbacks from there. Not to mention he was one of the most interesting and ''liked'' characters on BB.
+1

As much as I love Better Call Saul right now..the Gus Fring idea would be interesting as well.

Vince Gilligan is a creative genius
GilmourforLeeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #178
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

IMO Gus Fring was the best character in Breaking Bad period. Just a fascinating character as he was a chameleon in how he could change from what appears to be a mild mannered man to calculated and ruthless criminal. I would have preferred a dark show focused on his rise in the drug trade over Saul's lawyer show but beggers can't be choosers I guess.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 03-13-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 08:47 PM   #179
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
It was never implied that his brother was actually allergic to electricity nor have his symptoms changed at all based on Jimmy's actions. He has either been suffering from it or not. Chuck was a successful named partner at a law firm while Jimmy was running various cons as well as while Jimmy was turning his life around and becoming a lawyer. There is no reason to believe that when Chuck came down with this Jimmy was anything other than a down on his luck lawyer.
It wasn't implied no, it was flat out stated he was allergic to electricity. His symptoms most definitely did change based on Saul's behavior. Saul tests this and Chuck gets off the couch to make coffee. Your interpretation is incorrect.

The slipping Jimmy behavior was directly tied to the symptoms. Watch the episode again, it's clear as day
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 09:55 PM   #180
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
IMO Gus Fring was the best character in Breaking Bad period. Just a fascinating character as he was a chameleon in how he could change from what appears to be a mild mannered man to calculated and ruthless criminal. I would have preferred a dark show focused on his rise in the drug trade over Saul's lawyer show but beggers can't be choosers I guess.
He was a great character, but I think he was fleshed out enough in BB. He followed a similar arc to Walt and that was kind of enough.

There are a lot more story potentials in Saul's universe.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:

Tags
breaking bad , saul goodman