Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2020, 09:48 AM   #841
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, same color scheme as that one (the colour was specifically for the Jubilee edition of the DB7, only 50 produced), but as you&me notes it was not a standard factory order color for 06-17 Vantage.

Spoiler!
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 11:55 AM   #842
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 02:21 PM   #843
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

From the same channel.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #844
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post

From the same channel.
I remember when that one made the rounds earlier this year... Not so much a "barn find" in the normal sense... More of a thinly veiled attempt to market a neglected collection of mediocre cars
you&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:02 PM   #845
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
I remember when that one made the rounds earlier this year... Not so much a "barn find" in the normal sense... More of a thinly veiled attempt to market a neglected collection of mediocre cars
There's a 288 GTO in there, not all mediocre.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #846
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
There's a 288 GTO in there, not all mediocre.

Edit - nonetheless, I have a strong opinion of collecting cars that is the antithesis of this "barnfind", so I'll follow some wise words I was once told:

"If you can't say anything nice... "

"I know, I know. Don't say anything at all"

"No, shut the #### up"

Last edited by you&me; 10-30-2020 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:28 PM   #847
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
IIRC, the GTO shown at the ~15min mark was discovered to be a kitted up 308... Daytona spider was a chopped coupe... Bizzarrini near the start was a reproduction / continuation car...
Ah, that sucks, I didn't watch closely just skimmed to see anything that looked interesting.
Old 10-30-2020, 04:35 PM   #848
you&me
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Ah, that sucks, I didn't watch closely just skimmed to see anything that looked interesting.
Well, now you went and quoted my pre-edited post... hahaha
Old 10-30-2020, 04:37 PM   #849
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Personally I think a white interior would be harder to sell after 7 years. Those can look really rough with all the staining and cracking.
I've owned 3 cars with light leather in one shape or form. All were bought used, so not something I sought after specifically. 2 of the cars held up noticeably better than the other, despite owning them through similar ages (4-8 years old). It seems the quality of leather makes a massive difference in the discolouring/cracking.

I've got the Panda seats in my current car (white seating/back, black bolsters/headrest) and that seems to be a happy medium to keep the light parts looking decent.
Bill Bumface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 04:46 PM   #850
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I've owned 3 cars with light leather in one shape or form. All were bought used, so not something I sought after specifically. 2 of the cars held up noticeably better than the other, despite owning them through similar ages (4-8 years old). It seems the quality of leather makes a massive difference in the discolouring/cracking.
The bane of light colored seats: Blue denim.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 04:59 PM   #851
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueDog View Post
The bane of light colored seats: Blue denim.
No problem, I'm too cheap for new pants.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2020, 05:29 PM   #852
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I've got the Panda seats in my current car (white seating/back, black bolsters/headrest) and that seems to be a happy medium to keep the light parts looking decent.
Is this a Volvo XC60? I've seen the black/white seats in those and they are very nice.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:35 PM   #853
bagofpucks
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Have a weird one on my 2006 GMC 1500 acreage truck. I had a small puff of steam or smoke come out from under the hood as I was slowing down on the highway. I believe it happened at the same time I turned the fan higher for the AC, but that could be coincidence. No coolant issues that I know of and no mess when I opened the hood. No overheating issues and it didn’t do it again on my drive back home.
bagofpucks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:39 PM   #854
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofpucks View Post
Have a weird one on my 2006 GMC 1500 acreage truck. I had a small puff of steam or smoke come out from under the hood as I was slowing down on the highway. I believe it happened at the same time I turned the fan higher for the AC, but that could be coincidence. No coolant issues that I know of and no mess when I opened the hood. No overheating issues and it didn’t do it again on my drive back home.
Condensation from the AC?
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:12 PM   #855
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
Is this a Volvo XC60? I've seen the black/white seats in those and they are very nice.
B8.5 S4.

This is my interior/exterior colour combo:

I was looking for 6 months for something low mileage in a manual with the sport diff. It felt like a lottery win to find it in the exact colour combo I would have ordered it in if buying new.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 10:02 AM   #856
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The 996 now is forced into becoming my DD after my Freestyle’s transmission failed Friday.

The Ford will start and rev just fine, and reverse gear works 100%, but shifting into drive, there’s a big clunk, the service light comes on, and you get stuck in one ratio on the CVT. No power at all below 1500 rpm, so stopping for any reason is pretty hazardous. Then at 3500 rpm you’re doing like 60 km/h. I’ll try a couple things but otherwise this car earned it’s retirement.
Old 10-31-2020, 11:21 AM   #857
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
B8.5 S4.

This is my interior/exterior colour combo:

I was looking for 6 months for something low mileage in a manual with the sport diff. It felt like a lottery win to find it in the exact colour combo I would have ordered it in if buying new.
Cool. I never knew the S4 came with those seats. Actually, those seats look almost identical to the Volvo black and white seats.
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 12:16 PM   #858
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrangy View Post
The 996 now is forced into becoming my DD after my Freestyle’s transmission failed Friday.

The Ford will start and rev just fine, and reverse gear works 100%, but shifting into drive, there’s a big clunk, the service light comes on, and you get stuck in one ratio on the CVT. No power at all below 1500 rpm, so stopping for any reason is pretty hazardous. Then at 3500 rpm you’re doing like 60 km/h. I’ll try a couple things but otherwise this car earned it’s retirement.
Man, I remember when those things first came out. Basically Ford evolved the Volvo P2 platform (S80, XC90) then put all their own bits onto it (save for the AWD which was also Volvo's). It was a big deal in Ford showrooms because they finally felt they had something competitive to replace the Taurus.
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 10-31-2020, 04:33 PM   #859
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

For Christmas I'm considering purchasing a used vehicle primarily for city usage and as such I'm looking at various hybrids. I have it down to three preferences right now:

2019/2020 Ford Fusion Titanium Hybrid
2017 Chevy Volt
2017/2018 Honda Accord Hybrid

I'm most familiar with the Fusion as we have had them as rentals a few times and they are great. We just had one for the last week and managed 5.3L/100km. I like the fact that it is feature rich including adaptive cruise control, heated and cooled seats, heated steering wheel and it is pretty comfortable and large. The trunk is a bit small because of the battery configuration. The Volt I haven't had much experience with especially with the current model. I liked the first generation a lot and I'm not sure what the newer ones are like when they switched to the Cruze platform. It is the smallest of the three but it has the most electric range although I think it is lacking in features. I don't have any experience with the Accord hybrid but I think it is the largest and probably the most comfortable and I believe it is the most powerful (not that this really matters.)

I'm interested in hearing opinions on these three and other hybrids. I'm not a big fan of the Prius and likely would not consider one.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:36 PM   #860
Nufy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Suggestions other than the dealer for key programming for a 2006 Toyota Rav 4 ?