Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2008, 02:39 PM   #81
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

This site is devoted to hated commericals. This thread is about the Digiorno pizza ads being shown during the NCAA tourney (the one where the guys are watching the game in the backyard, and the husband is a real dick to his wife):

http://forums.commercialsihate.com/f....asp?TID=10511
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:03 PM   #82
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
This site is devoted to hated commericals. This thread is about the Digiorno pizza ads being shown during the NCAA tourney (the one where the guys are watching the game in the backyard, and the husband is a real dick to his wife):

A guy's avy in that thread reminded me of another commercial I hate. Those "Zoom Zoom" Mazda ones. What a stupid jingle: "Zoom zoom zoom! A-zoom zoom zoom...a-zoom zoom zoom!"
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:07 PM   #83
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post

I love the fact that hating Billy Mays has its own subforum!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:25 PM   #84
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

How about those idiotic Listerine commercials with the giant bottle and toothbrush... Or those moneytree commercials with the people dressed up as caterpillars? So many people that need to die, so few bullets.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #85
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
How about those idiotic Listerine commercials with the giant bottle and toothbrush... Or those moneytree commercials with the people dressed up as caterpillars? So many people that need to die, so few bullets.
Really? I thought the Listerne commercial where he's training with the Toothbrush guy, and hitting that punching bag with the big "Gingavitis" sign above it was pretty funny.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #86
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Really? I thought the Listerne commercial where he's training with the Toothbrush guy, and hitting that punching bag with the big "Gingavitis" sign above it was pretty funny.
Maybe I'm biased because I once endured a comedy act at a fledgling comedy club performed by the guy that dresses up as the Listerine bottle (I know this because the guy spent 5 minutes trying to get the crowd to recognize him and then told us that that's who he was). The set was brutally unfunny.

Or maybe I just hate those commercials because it involves fully grown people wearing toothbrush costumes. Adults should not wear costumes unless they're either robbing a bank or goofing off on halloween.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:38 PM   #87
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
x2. My buddy dressed up as the Listerine guy for Halloween a couple years back, I thought it was hysterical.

Also, am I the only one that misses the Canadian Tire guy? I seriously loved that guy, he was so arrogant and superior with his neighbours that it was pure comedy. I was seriously so disappointed when they finally axed him.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:01 PM   #88
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Subway commercial with the monkey sub where that awful music seems to twice as loud as the show you are watching
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:11 PM   #89
TheDragon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anything by Telus Mobility or Apple. Their ads are almost identical to each other.

-White background.
-Teeth-clenchingly annoying soundtrack, that gradually burns itself into what my own personal Hell would sound like.
-Played at least 73 times, each, in a Flames' broadcast.

Last edited by TheDragon; 04-01-2008 at 04:15 PM.
TheDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 04:24 PM   #90
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragon View Post
Anything by Telus Mobility or Apple. Their ads are almost identical to each other.

-White background.
-Teeth-clenchingly annoying soundtrack, that gradually burns itself into what my own personal Hell would sound like.
-Played at least 73 times, each, in a Flames' broadcast.
Telus has been using the same ad campaign since they bought out Clearnet way back in the day. Yah, we get it. It was award winning back in the day. But they're getting so repetitive and old now. Talk about over-milking an idea.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:38 PM   #91
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

anyone else find those 1stop service commercials that air during sportsnet broadcasts to be really really creepy?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:30 PM   #92
Rhetts_the_Best
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The one where they have the ex convicts, trying to go on vacation in the city!
ex: hes playing golf on a busy street or tanning in the sun on the side of the street with a coconut drink!
They can still golfing, or go to the beach
they just cant go out of the country!

They blow it way out of proportion.
Rhetts_the_Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:53 PM   #93
HelloHockeyFans
n00b!

Exp:

All Apple ads with the Mac guy and the PC guy.
HelloHockeyFans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:54 AM   #94
schnee
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I hate the Canadian Tire couple. That guy with his stupid beard, and his better than you attitude. And then their stupid neighbor comes over,and starts to randomly take off rusted bolts on the car.
Wait a second, which edition of Commercials I can't stand thread is this anyway.

PVR has really changed my tv watching.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayems View Post
They pulled those ads a while ago and the new ones are actually pretty good now.

Yeah.. they split up some time ago.
"We hadn't made love in our inflatable BYO Bed, complete with Memory Foam, in over a year. All he seemed to care about was his...stuff."
schnee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 06:35 PM   #95
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

Quote:
I hate the Canadian Tire couple. That guy with his stupid beard, and his better than you attitude. And then their stupid neighbor comes over,and starts to randomly take off rusted bolts on the car.
Wait a second, which edition of Commercials I can't stand thread is this anyway.

PVR has really changed my tv watching.
you should be happy about this then... probably posted here before though...
http://www.thehammer.ca/content/view...n-tire-divorce
Old 04-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #96
Shnabdabber
Account Disabled at User's Request

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
That Subway commercial with the monkey sub where that awful music seems to twice as loud as the show you are watching

The commercials are supposed to be louder... the reasoning is that most people get up during commercial breaks to grab snacks, blast a turd and so on and so forth... so they crank the commercials vs the show so that the audience can still hear the commercials from outside their living room. Sneaky s.

Anywho... I do not watch much tv, but one ad on radio I cannot stand is the ad for that Carstairs dealership. "We should change the name of Carstairs to... *gasp* TRUCKSTAIRS! DURR!"
Shnabdabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:31 PM   #97
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's a good one on Spike I've seen a few times tonight. Extenz dick enhancer. It's pretty funny when they are saying, "scientifically proven" etc. and then show 4 guys in lab coats standing around a table mixing chemicals. Good stuff.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #98
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

lots of bad ones mentioned here.

How about the Lite96 one with Liza Gibbons... it used to be blasted so loud, now its just normal but still annoying.

And only one mention for Head On? Wow....
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:52 PM   #99
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Quote:
There's a good one on Spike I've seen a few times tonight. Extenz dick enhancer. It's pretty funny when they are saying, "scientifically proven" etc. and then show 4 guys in lab coats standing around a table mixing chemicals. Good stuff.
...and it never made "that special part of my male anatomy" bigger either. ######bags.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:57 PM   #100
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shnabdabber View Post
The commercials are supposed to be louder... the reasoning is that most people get up during commercial breaks to grab snacks, blast a turd and so on and so forth... so they crank the commercials vs the show so that the audience can still hear the commercials from outside their living room. Sneaky s.
From what I understand, the reason commercials *seem* louder is because there is a maximum allowable volume for television programming and commercials tend to go with the maximum. You just happen to be watching a show that isn't at a segment that is utilizing it's maximum volume allowance.

I kinda believe this explanation because when I'm watching hockey, the commercials don't seem so loud, but when watching some kind of drama, especially with a very quiet pause, the commercial tends to suddenly blare out of the speakers.

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks