Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #981
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
I mean, there were rumours about redoing the trilogy. I doubt that ever happens, but I could see them doing everything in their power to make people forget about it.

While Star Wars has never ####ed with Timey Wimey stuff, would anyone be shocked if they found a way to 'Days of Future Past' it? Decide to make it a bad fever dream of someone who goes about trying to prevent it.
A prominent SW youtuber has theorized that they're going to make use of the world between worlds from Rebels as a way to make the Sequel Trilogy the events of a different timeline essentially, giving them the means to go their own way in this separate one. Which would be frickin amazing.

Clever in that they wouldn't have to de-canonize the sequels that way, but would be able to make them irrelevant.

That youtuber goes on to hint at Thrawn being the "phase one" villain and the Yuuzhan Vong from older EU material being possible "phase two" villains in the overarching story of this new post-ROTJ Filoniverse.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2020, 11:54 PM   #982
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

No amount of nerd rage is gonna make them erase the sequel trilogy. People hated the prequels just as much if not moreso than the current Disney movies, and those abominations are still canon.

Personally I hope they don't go the retcon route. Disney is on a roll with the Mandalorian, and they need to just concentrate on creating new and fresh stories within the SW universe. Seeing Luke in Mandalorian was a blast and it was really well done, but my hope is that it was just a cameo. Enough with the Skywalkers already.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to direwolf For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 12:02 AM   #983
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

A new timeline??? There is no way JJ Abrams would stand for that!!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:04 AM   #984
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

That sure saved the the episode in a big way.

Dark troopers were terrible, not menacing or interesting at all.
Typical clunky droids that brought me back to the prequels.

Bokatan is poorly cast or just an annoying character (I don't know the background beyond this show); was really hoping Mof Gideon would kill her in battle.
The 4 female attack was very over the top in your face as well.

Luke however made up for all of that. Just wish they didn't mess up the CGI speaking and sound timing.
The X wing, green saber, black glove on right hand; all very well introduced before the final reveal.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:09 AM   #985
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
That sure saved the the episode in a big way.

Dark troopers were terrible, not menacing or interesting at all.
Typical clunky droids that brought me back to the prequels.

Bokatan is poorly cast or just an annoying character (I don't know the background beyond this show); was really hoping Mof Gideon would kill her in battle.
The 4 female attack was very over the top in your face as well.

Luke however made up for all of that. Just wish they didn't mess up the CGI speaking and sound timing.
The X wing, green saber, black glove on right hand; all very well introduced before the final reveal.
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at "poorly cast" given that Bo Katan's actress literally is Bo Katan.

But yes, if/when it comes down to Mando vs Bo for the saber and throne, I side with Din. No offense to the fans and whatever attachments may have developed to her over the course of the animated shows.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 12:11 AM   #986
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
If you missed it there's an after credit scene for the after credit scene,
Spoiler!
Spoiler!
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
#-3
Old 12-19-2020, 12:18 AM   #987
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
A new timeline??? There is no way JJ Abrams would stand for that!!
The darkest timeline.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:20 AM   #988
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsFlames View Post
A prominent SW youtuber has theorized that they're going to make use of the world between worlds from Rebels as a way to make the Sequel Trilogy the events of a different timeline essentially, giving them the means to go their own way in this separate one. Which would be frickin amazing.

Clever in that they wouldn't have to de-canonize the sequels that way, but would be able to make them irrelevant.

That youtuber goes on to hint at Thrawn being the "phase one" villain and the Yuuzhan Vong from older EU material being possible "phase two" villains in the overarching story of this new post-ROTJ Filoniverse.
If this is Doomcock you’re referring to, I would believe approximately 0% of his breaking news and leaks. Same guy that had the scoop on Brie Larsen getting fired from the MCU, like a day before they announced her and her costars for Captain Marvel 2.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:23 AM   #989
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sorry, but I couldn't help but laugh at "poorly cast" given that Bo Katan's actress literally is Bo Katan.
Sorry, what does that mean?
I'm not familiar with this character before this show; I haven't seen the animated Star Wars stuff.

If the casting is spot on, I guess I just don't like the character.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:25 AM   #990
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
If this is Doomcock you’re referring to, I would believe approximately 0% of his breaking news and leaks. Same guy that had the scoop on Brie Larsen getting fired from the MCU, like a day before they announced her and her costars for Captain Marvel 2.
No, Lore Star. I can't stand that Doomcock guy.

Definitely not reported as a leak, just theorized and explained as to how it's entirely possible given the inclusion of Thrawn/Ezra and the lore that could accompany them.

To be fair a lot of fan theories have panned out so far, and that's due to Filoni and Favreau being in touch with the franchise's more hardcore fanbase. I mean fleshing out *specifically* phase three dark troopers on screen was something none of us even imagined at the outset of this season.

Last edited by djsFlames; 12-19-2020 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-19-2020, 12:26 AM   #991
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The darkest timeline.
Its 2020. What would you call this?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 12:38 AM   #992
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Its 2020. What would you call this?
Whoops, I meant the sequel trilogy timeline will be the undisputed darkest timeline of SW.

And we are currently living the real world darkest timeline, yes.

But I am on board with a new Filoniverse timeline. It was difficult to live in a world where my favourite character Luke was done dirty like that, with that godawful dialogue.

Up. Yours. RJ. (but please make a Knives Out sequel)
Old 12-19-2020, 12:50 AM   #993
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Whoops, I meant the sequel trilogy timeline will be the undisputed darkest timeline of SW.

And we are currently living the real world darkest timeline, yes.

But I am on board with a new Filoniverse timeline. It was difficult to live in a world where my favourite character Luke was done dirty like that, with that godawful dialogue.

Up. Yours. RJ. (but please make a Knives Out sequel)
Riann Johnson made a bad movie, but the sequel trilogy disaster is not his fault at all.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 01:16 AM   #994
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I kinda laughed when I read this because it bought back a Star Wars memory for me.

Back in the prequel days there was a Star Wars rumor site called SuperShadow.com, the guy who ran it claimed to work at Lucasfilms directly for George Lucas and continually put out "spoilers" around the prequels. "Darth Bane in revenge of the Sith is going to be revealed as Darth Bane and Palpatine is his clone". That Kenobi was going to be the villain in ROTS. All kind of outlandish rumors. He had a page on his site with the woman of Supershadow, all of these hot girls that he claimed he dated. He posted a picture of himself, which was actually a obscure Ray Park picture. It was hilarious. He even claimed that George had shown him the script for the Sequel Trilogy, that involved cloned Vaders with jet packs, and a Sith Cult in the thousands (Actually that might be better then what we got).

Anyways he had this huge fan base that ate up his stories that he was the extra sitting in the diner behind Obi-Wan and had played an extra jedi in AOTC because George was such a fan of his work that he rewarded him with screen time.

Then he crossed the line when he posted an interview that he did with George that of course was completely fake. He got thousands of dollars in donations from fans of the site. At that point sick of his act, Lucas film basically sued the crap out of him, revealed him to be a guy named Mikey Suttle or something like that, his websites were taken down by his hosts because Lucasfilms went after them. Suttle was forced to issue a very public and humiliating apology that he was a big fat psychopathic liar, and then vanished forever.

But through it all, I still want the jet pack wearing vader clones.

https://www.thrillist.com/entertainm...hadow-spoilers

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 12-19-2020 at 01:23 AM.
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 01:16 AM   #995
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
Riann Johnson made a bad movie, but the sequel trilogy disaster is not his fault at all.
Disagree. It might not be all his fault, but he sure deserves a huge portion of the blame. One of the biggest complaints people have is his treatment of Luke. Outside of Kathleen Kennedy he’s probably the most responsible.
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to N-E-B For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 01:17 AM   #996
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Disagree. It might not be all his fault, but he sure deserves a huge portion of the blame. One of the biggest complaints people have is his treatment of Luke. Outside of Kathleen Kennedy he’s probably the most responsible.
Yeah, I shouldn't say "at all". Just way less than he gets. His movie was bad, but he should never have been given the keys without any plan at all in the first place and that's not his fault.
Old 12-19-2020, 01:20 AM   #997
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Rian deserves the lions share of the blame for the mess of the prequels, he tossed out TFA awakens story, made asses out of most of the characters, killed off the big bad like he was wearing a red shirt, and just overall made a completely awful story that JJ was forced to try to fix but did just as bad of a job trying to repair. (Horses in space, Kerri Russell wearing a helmet through the whole film, the awful Palpatine return as an apology)

I mean Disney as producers should have had a plan for the whole sequel trilogy and clearly didn't and let Rian run wild with just a dumb story idea.

KK is certainly at fault, but Rian was the guy who put together a terrible disconnected movie and shot it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2020, 01:28 AM   #998
1qqaaz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Amazing season finale today. Some of the best Star Wars content I've ever seen.

They seemed to have closed all the story arcs, but then that scene at the end pumped me up for another season.
1qqaaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 01:30 AM   #999
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, he doesn't. They didn't have a plan and they allowed this guy with minimal resume to take the Star Wars tent pole franchise in his own direction. That is Kennedy's fault. Those are two totally unforgivable decisions. She deserves the lion's share. Abrams deserves just as much blame as Johnson. It's not like he did anything of quality either. The arc he was setting up was probably going to be garbage anyway since Abrams can't write worth a damn
Old 12-19-2020, 01:34 AM   #1000
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

Great episode start to finish.

I was thrilled to see the Skywalker reveal and the hood toss up.

The one part that has not been addressed is when he landed the Dark Troopers ceased their attack. The one group completely stopped attacking the room to wait for the other group to defeat the Jedi arrival. Clearly the deck breach was really about to occur.

Was the force involved in this motion, as I think was indicated by the perk of Grogu's ears and touching the screen. I felt at some point Grogu may have been using the force to control some of the Dark Troopers.

Then onto the battle with Moff Gideon, I thought it was so well done with the sneak attack and the struggle. Just a great battle all together. Especially how Moff Gideon was professing the known reality. Then back to the bridge of the ship and he starts talking about the power of the blade. I wonder if the two were related, i.e. the sword imparts a mysticism of seeing into the future, being able to anticipate events to occur.

Just a wow episode. The entire Disney series is a return to the imagination of the original trilogy.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote