Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-20-2017, 07:06 PM   #241
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Scary scene in the New York-Minnesota game this afternoon. Todd Frazier hit a sharp line drive foul and I guess it hit a small girl in the face. Right away Frazier noticed and looked considerably shaken up. They stopped play until the girl was taken out by medical staff. You could see some other players with tears
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:57 PM   #242
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any update on the kid? There were apparently videos of the incident but I couldn't watch it.

Earlier this year I went to a Jays game and sat about 6 rows up from the third baseline where Donaldson is and there was a foul line drive that came so ridiculously fast that there was absolutely no time to react and this old lady sitting two rows in front of me, got hit square on the head. There was blood EVERYWHERE. The ball bounced about 60m away. I honestly thought the lady died, and when she came around, she eventually had to be walked away, but medics too forever to come. Security was there right away but didn't get involved. Medics took about 3 minutes to come around. I played baseball all my life and had never seen a ball travel that quick. For some people to say to pay attention at all times is unrealistic as with some of these there is no time to react at all. MLB should look to what the NHL did. It becomes so natural so fast.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 09:04 PM   #243
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

They never actually showed the kid at all which was a good thing. Just heard the kid is doing ok.

Also sounds like the Padres are at least one team taking action and are extending the nets
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 09-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #244
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Judge with 49 and 50 today. He’s on another tear. After a mediocre July/August.. September has been his best month.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 03:28 PM   #245
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBR View Post
Judge with 49 and 50 today. He’s on another tear. After a mediocre July/August.. September has been his best month.
That wildcard game between the Twins and Yankees will be interesting.

My predictions? Twins win 3-2

GirlySports is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 05:52 PM   #246
JBR
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
That wildcard game between the Twins and Yankees will be interesting.

My predictions? Twins win 3-2
Unlike.
JBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2017, 06:55 PM   #247
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

If the Twins can line up Santana they have a shot on a win 1 and in. But once you get past him the Yankees bullpen has depth that the Twins can't touch.

Granted the winner of that game will just get bludgeoned by Cleveland.
Old 09-25-2017, 07:29 PM   #248
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

We know the Yankees can pretty much outmash anyone, but we also know that mashing isn't the way to win in October. But with Gray and Severino as your 1-2, and with that bullpen being pretty strong, they might only need a dinger or two a game to win anyway. Nowhere near as complete as the Indians or Astros, but who knows?

Oh and I'll throw this hot take out there: Gary Sanchez is actually better than Judge.
Old 09-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #249
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Matt Cain announced his plans to retire after a 13-year Major League career. Cain will make his final start this Saturday.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/256382...-after-season/

His 13-year tenure also stood alone, since it was the longest by any player to perform only for the Giants since the team moved west from New York before the 1958 season.

A three-time National League All-Star, Cain pitched the only perfect game in the franchise's illustrious history on June 13, 2012, against the Astros. He won the 2009 "Willie Mac" Award, which goes annually to the most inspirational Giant. And he posted a 4-2 record with a 2.10 ERA in eight postseason starts, contributing heavily to two of the Giants' three World Series titles since 2010.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2017, 09:45 AM   #250
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Matt Cain announced his plans to retire after a 13-year Major League career. Cain will make his final start this Saturday.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/256382...-after-season/

His 13-year tenure also stood alone, since it was the longest by any player to perform only for the Giants since the team moved west from New York before the 1958 season.

A three-time National League All-Star, Cain pitched the only perfect game in the franchise's illustrious history on June 13, 2012, against the Astros. He won the 2009 "Willie Mac" Award, which goes annually to the most inspirational Giant. And he posted a 4-2 record with a 2.10 ERA in eight postseason starts, contributing heavily to two of the Giants' three World Series titles since 2010.
I'm sad that Cain's career is over, and more sad that I won't be able to watch his last start. He was a great Giant, and I will forever cherish the memories of him pitching. There have been lots of great articles written about him lately including ones by Baggerly, Pavlovic, and Steward.

My favourite memories of Cain are his perfect game, his 2-0 record, with a 0.00 ERA in three starts in the 2010 playoffs, and him starting all three clinching games in the 2012 playoffs. Timmy was better in the 2010 playoffs, and what Pablo did in 2012 was outstanding, but Cain was the second best player on each of those playoff teams.

I've watched hundreds of Matt Cain games on TV and about 10 at AT&T. I was in attendance at AT&T for game 3 of the 2010 NLDS that he started and won.

Enjoy the ride into the sunset, Horse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to squiggs96 For This Useful Post: