Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-29-2019, 11:48 AM   #101
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have another invite to the first person who PMs me with their email address.

/gone for some Finger Cookin

Last edited by Cheese; 10-30-2019 at 06:29 AM.
Cheese is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 04:10 PM   #102
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

All gone. PM your email address if you're interested and I'll update this post when I'm out.

Last edited by fleuryisgod; 11-05-2019 at 07:54 AM. Reason: None left
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 09:13 AM   #103
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

What are peoples average ratio, I don't use TD i'm on a different private site iptorrents but i'm holding a 9.690 ratio with 23.2TB Uploaded to 2.39TB downloaded.
Raekwon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:57 PM   #104
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haven't logged in in a while apparently.

3 invites available - first 3 people to PM me their email address.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 01:23 PM   #105
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Anyone having issues seeding? I have a new computer setup and I can't seed at all, but I download just fine. I disabled PeX and DHT and using a public tracker I can upload. Is there anything I'm missing to be able to seed with Torrent Day?
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 10:39 PM   #106
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Need more info are you using a VPN? What torrent client? Who is your ISP? What do you mean by a "public tracker"? TD is a private site with their own tracker.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2019, 08:14 AM   #107
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Need more info are you using a VPN? What torrent client? Who is your ISP? What do you mean by a "public tracker"? TD is a private site with their own tracker.

Yeah sorry. I just wanted to point out that it is working on public trackers, so it seems like a TD issue.

I've used Windows and Linux, PIA and Windscribe, qBittorrent and Transmission. Only other constant is that I'm with Telus.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:33 AM   #108
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What happens when you ping the tracker.
Old 11-30-2019, 08:02 AM   #109
RW99
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
What happens when you ping the tracker.
Not too knowledgeable on this, but I went into cmd and did ping announce.torrentday.com. Is this right? It says 0% loss and 140ms average round trip.
Old 04-03-2020, 11:01 PM   #110
fleuryisgod
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have three more invites, so anyone still looking send me a pm. I'll update this post when I'm out.
fleuryisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:59 PM   #111
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've got 3 2 invites as well. PM me.

Last edited by Canadianman; 04-10-2020 at 08:51 AM.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 10:42 PM   #112
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Not sure if this is the place to ask. I've posted on TD as well, but thought I would maybe get some help here too. I'm having trouble setting up everything to even get downloading/seeding and was hoping someone could help. Instead of typing up my long-ass description of the problem, I'll first see if anyone has a similar setup to me? Mac running 10.14.6, Asus router, uTorrent (latest version), and NordVPN. This is all pretty much greek to me, but I'd love to learn more about it and get this up and running - eventually have it auto-populating my Plex server. Anyone out there willing to help?
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 11:31 PM   #113
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can you ping the tracker? I know I keep asking that but it's the first step.

edit- the OS shouldn't make any difference for example I'm using Vuze on both Windows and Linux the setup is essentially the same.

Last edited by zamler; 06-18-2020 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #114
Canadianman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I've got one invite left if anyone wants it, PM me.
Canadianman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:15 AM   #115
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Can you ping the tracker? I know I keep asking that but it's the first step.

edit- the OS shouldn't make any difference for example I'm using Vuze on both Windows and Linux the setup is essentially the same.
See, I don't even know what that means, but I'm gonna google it and figure it out. I have no less than 10 tabs open trying to figure this #### out...who knew!
Old 06-19-2020, 12:32 PM   #116
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
See, I don't even know what that means, but I'm gonna google it and figure it out. I have no less than 10 tabs open trying to figure this #### out...who knew!
In the past, for tracker resolution problems, I found the easier way to deal with it is like this:

1. Go on the website (ie: torrent day) and look at the approved programs list. This includes the version of the program being used. If it's not on the list, it might be blocked by the tracker, so grab the appropriate program.

2. Check the settings against the FAQ. For instance, sometime forced encryption or specific ports are required or the tracker will block activity. (I don't recall TD having this restriction though)

3. Re-add the torrents to the accepted file share program and do file check if necessary. If possible, refresh tracker info. Also go on the website and check for seeders. If there are few seeders, you should consider a different file. If it's a rare file, you might be SOL if the seeders are focusing their resources on other files they are seeding. You might have no choice but wait and hope they focus resources on that file sometime and you can nab it.

4. VPN settings generally shouldn't affect the file share on a file share program on your computer if I am not mistaken. However, it might affect the sharing on a seed box or something like that. (If you don't know what that is, you probably don't have one)

5. If all of the above is looking good and you still cannot share, the next level culprits are your network setups (ie: Router/modem blocking, QOS etc.) or the ISP. Assuming you're in Canada, it's likely not the ISP settings and your network settings/set up if you make it to step 5 with no transfers.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 03:03 PM   #117
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

In MacOS search for network utility one of the options is ping, type in the tracker name you see in your torrent client.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #118
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
In the past, for tracker resolution problems, I found the easier way to deal with it is like this:

1. Go on the website (ie: torrent day) and look at the approved programs list. This includes the version of the program being used. If it's not on the list, it might be blocked by the tracker, so grab the appropriate program.

2. Check the settings against the FAQ. For instance, sometime forced encryption or specific ports are required or the tracker will block activity. (I don't recall TD having this restriction though)

3. Re-add the torrents to the accepted file share program and do file check if necessary. If possible, refresh tracker info. Also go on the website and check for seeders. If there are few seeders, you should consider a different file. If it's a rare file, you might be SOL if the seeders are focusing their resources on other files they are seeding. You might have no choice but wait and hope they focus resources on that file sometime and you can nab it.

4. VPN settings generally shouldn't affect the file share on a file share program on your computer if I am not mistaken. However, it might affect the sharing on a seed box or something like that. (If you don't know what that is, you probably don't have one)

5. If all of the above is looking good and you still cannot share, the next level culprits are your network setups (ie: Router/modem blocking, QOS etc.) or the ISP. Assuming you're in Canada, it's likely not the ISP settings and your network settings/set up if you make it to step 5 with no transfers.
Thanks so much for this. I'm going to give it another try this evening and over the weekend. I don't suppose you happen to know if it matters if I set everything up with the VPN running or not? Like, can I turn it off, try and get everything up and running, then just switch it back on and do my thing? Or should I be trying to get it all going with the VPN active?

Quote:
In MacOS search for network utility one of the options is ping, type in the tracker name you see in your torrent client.
Thanks - I'll give this a try too.
Old 06-19-2020, 04:21 PM   #119
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BsFaninCGY View Post
Thanks so much for this. I'm going to give it another try this evening and over the weekend. I don't suppose you happen to know if it matters if I set everything up with the VPN running or not? Like, can I turn it off, try and get everything up and running, then just switch it back on and do my thing? Or should I be trying to get it all going with the VPN active?

Thanks - I'll give this a try too.
VPN shouldn't affect anything so you should be able to try and work on that stuff with the VPN active. The only difference is that with VPN on it's going to be a little bit slower. If it's not working with VPN on, I don't think it will work with VPN off. Worth trying though if you're truly stumped, but I don't think it would change anything on/off.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 06-19-2020, 04:29 PM   #120
zamler
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Last I checked Utorrent on the Mac cannot bind the connection to the VPN, meaning if the VPN connection drops your torrents will stay connected. This largely defeats the purpose of having a VPN. Azureus Vuze does support doing this see here.

https://my.ibvpn.com/knowledgebase/1...s-OpenVPN.html
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post: