Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2013, 06:27 AM   #1081
TurnedTheCorner
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The thing that bugged me about the Resurrection ship story was that it all seemed so easy. The human fleet has been racing desperately from the Cylons, always just a half step out of reach and avoiding complete annihilation.

But as soon as the humans even hear about the Resurrection ship? Which is the one of the linchpins of Cylon civilization? It's found and destroyed in a snap.
TurnedTheCorner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:29 PM   #1082
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurnedTheCorner View Post
The thing that bugged me about the Resurrection ship story was that it all seemed so easy. The human fleet has been racing desperately from the Cylons, always just a half step out of reach and avoiding complete annihilation.

But as soon as the humans even hear about the Resurrection ship? Which is the one of the linchpins of Cylon civilization? It's found and destroyed in a snap.
I've only been able to find two relatively big plot holes so far in a season in a half.

1) The first one was where the Cylons sent the reporter in to do a expose on the military after the civilian shootings. At the end the Cylons are watching the cut footage that shows a pregnant Sharon. The Cylons are over joyed that she and the baby are alright and that they have to be careful to make sure that they aren't harmed.

Then in the next episode a virus starts shutting down life support and power on the galactica and a massive cylon fleet jumps in to attack the defenseless battlestar putting Sharon and the baby in jeopardy.

2) The Resurrection ship one had a hole because the Cylons had the ship protected by two base stars even though they should have known that the Pegasus had rejoined the fleet, you would think that if the Resurrection ship was in range for a download that they should have been able to sense the Cylon 6 prisoner on the Pegasus. However I tend to believe that the Cylons had a bit of victory fever at that point, the human's had pretty much been on the run since the war, the only time that they attacked was when they were desperate for food or fuel or in the case of Kobol location. I really don't think that they believed that the Human's knew about the Resurrection ship and that the Human's would basically abandon the civilian fleet to turn around and jump backwards and attack. I also laughed at God's perspective when 6 declared that 10,000 Cylons were going to die and that was an unforgivable sin. But that episode or series couldn't be hurt by the very red shirted behavior of the Cylons due to the overall arch.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:14 AM   #1083
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought I'd keep throwing things up here as I continue to bomb through the story.

I just hit the mid point of season 3, while there are a lot of annoying things in the season including the whole Starbuck Apollo love story. There are some truly amazing moments in this season.

1) Fat Apollo, seeing him playing the indecisive fat officer is kind of a treat, epecially when his dad tells him to get his fat a$$ out of his office.

2) The rescue on New Caprica when the Galactica jumps into the Atmosphere and drops altitude on fire while launching fighters then jumps out feet from the ground.

3) Angry bitter Tigh and the whole resistance. "They pulled out my eye and showed it to me, it looked like a boiled egg", then the heartbreak of poisoning his wife. Micheal Hogan was amazing in that role.

4) The circle passing judgement and almost tossing an innocent man out of the airlock was amazing, especially since it was Zareck behind the scenes approving it.

5) The episode that featured the boxing matches between crew members. I know the main story was the Apollo versus Starbuck thing again. But Admiral Adama getting to the ring, and telling the Chief to get his fat lazy a$$ in the ring was awesome. Adama's speech at the end of the fight shows how much guilt he's been carrying.

6) The end of Kat. The episode where her past is revealed and she went into the final mission with the intent of not loosing her ship was tough to watch. When she jumps back in and whispers "mission accomplished" before collapsing was heartbreaking. Adama sitting with her as she died and then naming her CAG was nearly tear worthy, and Starbuck putting up her picture while crying was heart wrenching.

7) the argument for and against using biological weapons to exterminate the Cylons, and Roslin and Adama being so willing to do it showed that the human's really weren't all that much more enlightened then the Cylons.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #1084
Cowperson
CP Pontiff

Exp:

Quote:
Angry bitter Tigh and the whole resistance.

Start to finish, Michael Hogan was brilliant as Colonel Tigh. The role of a lifetime for him.

It's unnerving to see him as a milquetoast nice guy on Heartland or something. It's completely wrong.

It's 10 years since the 2003 pilot. That's hard to believe as well.

Cowperson
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #1085
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Man I want to watch this again now, such a huge time investment though.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:08 PM   #1086
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowperson View Post

Start to finish, Michael Hogan was brilliant as Colonel Tigh. The role of a lifetime for him.

It's unnerving to see him as a milquetoast nice guy on Heartland or something. It's completely wrong.

It's 10 years since the 2003 pilot. That's hard to believe as well.

Cowperson
I just like his explosive temper.

In the episode where the doctor was poisoning Sagitarons he was at his explosive best. He takes a bunch from Helo and you can just see the menace.

When he walks in on the doctor who starts blubbering that Helo is crazy and he errupts with his trademark "Shut the Frack up"

He's a tremendously flawed character and probably harder then hell to play.

I also liked the scene on the colony where he and Starbuck finally have what amounts to a civilized conversation.

Old 04-17-2013, 12:25 AM   #1087
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Just finished season three. So much happened in the last two episodes of the season that its tough to keep your breath.

I'd forgotten how good Lufkin the lawyer was.

I also loved the lyrics to all along the watchtower as the activation for the Cylons final 4 out of 5.

One thing I did notice is they certainly cup back on the effects in season 3, there weren't any real major battles or outside of ship new shots except for the rescue.

It was apparent that they were running a lower budget.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM   #1088
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I'm surprised Cow wasn't all over this. Is there a sneaky count down to a reboot of BattleStar Galactica. Read this and decide for youself.

http://www.dailydot.com/fandom/battl...nciation-book/