Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2020, 07:13 PM   #161
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tried to do my playoffs and the only option it gave me was pay in full...
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:31 PM   #162
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

At this rate with the economy I don't see teams having more than 10k season ticket holders and 10-14k nightly attendance being the new norm in a lot of cities that previously sold out or came close, with some weaker cities going down to 4-6k and circling the drain financially very quickly.

With Oil and half our city on EI when this rolls out, combined with some hesitation to go back to large events even when allowed, I could see the Flames losing half their season ticket base or more and playing to a half full saddledome most nights.

Honestly.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 07:57 PM   #163
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

There won't be hockey in 20-21. Social distancing relaxations be based on providing the largest economic/social impact in return for the lowest increase in risk of spreading the virus. That means restaurants and public recreation first, schools next and probably bars and night clubs third.

Until we have a vaccine widely disseminated, there won't be a relaxation on of large events like pro-sports. Let's face it: the economic/societal benefit is low and the risk of super-spreading is high.
GullFoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:04 AM   #164
burn_baby_burn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone heard how the Flames deal with account credits if you decide not to renew? I always sell my extra tickets on the NHL Ticket Exchange with the proceeds going to my account. Will the Flames send you a cheque if you decide not to renew? Or is the credit only good for purchasing tickets?
Old 03-24-2020, 11:39 AM   #165
Flamenspiel
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

30 day pause now official.
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:41 AM   #166
sec304
First Line Centre

Exp:

I received the email from the Flames this morning. 30 days delay on payments. Now coming out April 30th
sec304 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:08 PM   #167
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I expressed my concern to my account manager about the increase in price during these economic uncertainties and how dry the resale market is and thats why i will not be renewing my tickets because if i want to go to a game tickets are available in abundance,

His reply was "how about half season tickets for half the price"

The ignorance and lack of compassion is beyond frustrating, im a 25 year season ticket holder, thanks for confirming i made the right choice in cancelling.
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-24-2020, 01:09 PM   #168
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Double post
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 01:25 PM   #169
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
There won't be hockey in 20-21. Social distancing relaxations be based on providing the largest economic/social impact in return for the lowest increase in risk of spreading the virus. That means restaurants and public recreation first, schools next and probably bars and night clubs third.

Until we have a vaccine widely disseminated, there won't be a relaxation on of large events like pro-sports. Let's face it: the economic/societal benefit is low and the risk of super-spreading is high.
There will 100% be a relaxation on large events like pro-sports, concerts and the like. We're talking about many billions of dollars of economic impact and many thousands of jobs.

Whether or not it is wise to restart before a proven vaccine is available is a valid question, but once things start to calm down, that pressure to restart will be massive.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 03:13 PM   #170
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

"big time" sports could provide a much needed distraction on the other side of this
Old 04-15-2020, 06:44 PM   #171
Sec218
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

has anyone heard if April 23rd is still the renewal date? I have yet to hear back from my rep.
Sec218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 06:47 PM   #172
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Spoke to my rep today and he said monthly payments will start May 15th now. I also asked if paying full what the absolute latest day to pay is. Didn't get an answer to that one.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2020, 11:40 PM   #173
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

Have they not reduced the price yet?

You’d have to think they’re considering it. I can see blood bath territory coming here...
Mr.Coffee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 01:44 AM   #174
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post

You’d have to think they’re considering it. I can see blood bath territory coming here...
My guess is they won't do anything until they have an idea about playing games again.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:37 AM   #175
RM14
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

It'd be with the NHL though, providing relief my guess is that the flames are below breaking even at this point given the dollar and overall cancellations
RM14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 05:40 PM   #176
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:

Pro sports will be hammered by this when they re-open. Monumental recession combined with people worried about large public gatherings.

I'll stand by what I said earlier. With all of that and the added joy of the Oil industry in Calgary I believe we'll see sub 10k crowds for the foreseeable future when things open up.

Honestly, the Flames aren't wrong in how they're handling this, they're best hope is to string along current committed ticket holders and hope on a wing and a prayer that most just go for one more season whenever that is.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2020, 07:24 PM   #177
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Pro sports will be hammered by this when they re-open. Monumental recession combined with people worried about large public gatherings.

I'll stand by what I said earlier. With all of that and the added joy of the Oil industry in Calgary I believe we'll see sub 10k crowds for the foreseeable future when things open up.

Honestly, the Flames aren't wrong in how they're handling this, they're best hope is to string along current committed ticket holders and hope on a wing and a prayer that most just go for one more season whenever that is.
No chance we see sub 10k crowds unless they are forced too by the government guidelines.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:56 PM   #178
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

"Pause" on 2020/21 payments extended to May 15 (per email sent this afternoon).
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:23 PM   #179
zarrell
First Line Centre

Exp:

Be nice if they let us know what they're doing with the money we've given them for this season's unplayed games. Rather than tell us they are delaying payments for a seemingly precarious upcoming season.

I got a laugh out of the email saying "We have had a significant number of accounts communicate to us indicating that they would like to maintain their scheduled payments for the 2020-21 season."

zarrell is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zarrell For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2020, 11:21 PM   #180
csnarpy
First Line Centre

Exp:

i haven't even renewed yet. They can't even ask for anything until a season is expected to go forward. Who knows when that is going to happen.
csnarpy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to csnarpy For This Useful Post: