Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2022, 10:17 PM   #5841
BlAcKNoVa
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

^Looking good!

CDPR also announced some things today. Witcher 3 remaster is still being released this year. And other Witcher games are way down the road, including a new trilogy where they plan to be released every 2 years.

Last edited by BlAcKNoVa; 10-04-2022 at 10:35 PM.
BlAcKNoVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 09:24 AM   #5842
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Lol "some things", they announced all the things. Pretty ambitious of them, hopefully we get some good games out of it.
Old 10-05-2022, 03:36 PM   #5843
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

The Microsoft store has this Razer controller for Android phones on sale. I've been playing Advance Wars while waiting for the new Switch version to come out, and it doesn't look good on a monitor or TV so I'm using a phone. Of course, on-screen controls suck so I'm hoping this controller will make for a better portable gaming experience without shelling out for a Steam deck.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/d/ra...x/92kzg88sz07q
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 03:48 PM   #5844
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Make sure it fits your phone. Doesn't work with an S22 Ultra for example. Also that is the V1 - V2 has a fixed backbone whereas that one is loose and some people have found that it doesn't stay on the phone as well.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2022, 04:11 PM   #5845
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Make sure it fits your phone. Doesn't work with an S22 Ultra for example. Also that is the V1 - V2 has a fixed backbone whereas that one is loose and some people have found that it doesn't stay on the phone as well.
####. That's exactly the phone I was planning to use it with. I guess I'll cancel the order. Thanks.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 08:36 AM   #5846
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
I played through both Ori games again recently. Will of the Wisps definitely has to be the top of my list of best looking 2D games of all time. It's also really apparent playing it right after Blind Forest how much they improved pretty much everything, especially the controls. The escape sequences are still annoying, but there's definitely less cheap death spots in them.

One thing I didn't notice as much my first time playing Will of the Wisps is how structurally similar to Blind Forest it was. It had been a while since I had played it before trying the sequel, but back to back it's more apparent. The most obvious is how the last area is literally a purple Mount Horu.
Such an awesome series. I played WotW before BF and didn't really find much difference between them other than the slight difference in graphics. Seamless transition between both games.

Every once in a while I'll head to Youtube and listen to WotF's soundtrack. Everything about those games are almost perfect. Hopefully there is a #3 that is just as good.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huntingwhale For This Useful Post:
Old 10-07-2022, 08:50 AM   #5847
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

since the sequel is being released in a couple of weeks, I've recently picked up "A Plague Tale: Innocence" and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. A bit limited from a gameplay perspective, but fantastic in terms of setting, story and characters.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-16-2022, 06:04 PM   #5848
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

so, not sure exactly what this is about, but there's been a ton of talk about this for the last year or two...looks like Silent Hill is coming back, just don't know the form or scale

https://twitter.com/user/status/1581754587563708416
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 10:33 AM   #5849
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I used to think that Sekiro was the hardest game I played and then I tried Nioh 2 this weekend. Holy crap, I need to practice. I'm getting better but the combat is so fast and punishing and has many more mechanics than Soulsbournes. I love the aesthetic though so it's definitely a game I want to keep trying to improve at.
I'm getting quite a bit more comfortable with Nioh 2 now. I've made it through 3 big bosses and a bunch of lower bosses so it's clicked a bit more. It's a really cool game though, glad I didn't sit on it. The boss battles took me a while to click but now I look forward to them. I played a demo called Wo Long a few weeks ago from Team Ninja and loved it, so I want to try to get through Nioh before that comes out in 2023.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2022, 12:40 PM   #5850
bossy22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Does anyone have PS Plus Premium? Is it worth it? I don't really play, but my son does. I will play battlefront with him, and we have a lot of fun. So any games where we could play together is always welcome.
bossy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2022, 10:40 AM   #5851
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoilers for the original game.

EDIT: I would have been in for a trilogy but I'm sure this will be great regardless.

Last edited by chemgear; 10-18-2022 at 10:48 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-18-2022, 05:28 PM   #5852
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Old 10-18-2022, 11:20 PM   #5853
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Gotham Knights just looks bad man. I dunno if I’ve ever seen a more over-designed, focus group, trend chasing AAA game. Absolutely nothing about it looks unique or interesting or exciting.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2022, 09:08 AM   #5854
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
Gotham Knights just looks bad man. I dunno if I’ve ever seen a more over-designed, focus group, trend chasing AAA game. Absolutely nothing about it looks unique or interesting or exciting.
I want it to be good but keep seeing disappointing news about it. Apparently it's locked to 30 fps which is pretty lame for a nextgen exclusive title.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 09:27 AM   #5855
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kybosh View Post
I want it to be good but keep seeing disappointing news about it. Apparently it's locked to 30 fps which is pretty lame for a nextgen exclusive title.
Yeah, the combat animations really looked . . . janky. The blending into one animation after another was pretty bad. It seems to snap from one enemy to another so that something like a flip will comically barrel roll like 15 feet across to another enemy somehow.

Hopefully it'll be properly patched up on PC.

https://www.techspot.com/news/96342-...ng-gotham.html

Lee Devonald, a Senior Character Technical Artist from Rocksteady, tweeted that the real culprit isn't the game features; it's the Xbox Series S. He says the cheaper Xbox Series isn't much better than its last-gen predecessor. And as multi-platform games have to be optimized for the lowest performer, the XBS, which Devonald calls a "potato," is hamstringing "an entire generation of games."

https://twitter.com/user/status/1581279788873883649

Last edited by chemgear; 10-19-2022 at 09:34 AM.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 10:05 PM   #5856
oldschoolcalgary
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looking great... this game freaked me out as a kid... really looking forward to seeing it on modern consoles
oldschoolcalgary is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oldschoolcalgary For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2022, 08:53 AM   #5857
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Random shadow dropped new trailer for FFXVI today and it is looking amazing.

The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-20-2022, 01:48 PM   #5858
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Honestly, it looks fairly visually unimpressive to me. Very last gen in terms of animations and textures. But that's not what matters to me as far as a FF game goes anyway so whatever, we'll see how it goes. On the surface it appears to be hearkening back to older FF titles which is a step in the right direction.

I like the music in the trailer. Was FFXIV music good?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:27 PM   #5859
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Yeah, the combat animations really looked . . . janky. The blending into one animation after another was pretty bad. It seems to snap from one enemy to another so that something like a flip will comically barrel roll like 15 feet across to another enemy somehow.

Hopefully it'll be properly patched up on PC.

https://www.techspot.com/news/96342-...ng-gotham.html

Lee Devonald, a Senior Character Technical Artist from Rocksteady, tweeted that the real culprit isn't the game features; it's the Xbox Series S. He says the cheaper Xbox Series isn't much better than its last-gen predecessor. And as multi-platform games have to be optimized for the lowest performer, the XBS, which Devonald calls a "potato," is hamstringing "an entire generation of games."

https://twitter.com/user/status/1581279788873883649
Huh thats super interesting, and potentially really crappy for Series X owners.
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #5860
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Honestly, it looks fairly visually unimpressive to me. Very last gen in terms of animations and textures. But that's not what matters to me as far as a FF game goes anyway so whatever, we'll see how it goes. On the surface it appears to be hearkening back to older FF titles which is a step in the right direction.

I like the music in the trailer. Was FFXIV music good?
I'm okay with a little less cutting edge visuals to be honest. FFXIII and XV were graphical showpieces and #### games that took forever to come out. If the cost of getting a good game in a normal amount of time is "less" exciting graphics (and considering the game does still look very good), I'll definitely take that trade.

And yeah Masayoshi Soken is a dynamite composer, the soundtrack for FFXIV is incredible.