Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-02-2014, 02:53 PM   #21
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

He do anything interesting/worthwhile after FPoBA? I remember enjoying him on that show, like many here, but I don't think I've run into him in anything in the last 10-15 years. I think I remember a few guest spots in the years after the show, but nothing after that.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 11:32 PM   #22
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Well.....wow....for a scence from Fresh Prince, that was pretty powerful.
This scene was actually completely improvised by Will Smith. The original script called for him to walk out of the room without saying anything.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:04 AM   #23
FlamesAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
This scene was actually completely improvised by Will Smith. The original script called for him to walk out of the room without saying anything.
Cool! Love little tid bits of info like that about shows.

Big fan of the show and Uncle Phil. Echo the sentiments that the show not only conveyed some serious messages throughout its run but also did a very job of doing so. Nothing like you'd see in most other sitcoms.

RIP Mr. Avery
Old 01-03-2014, 11:31 AM   #24
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
Not doubting you, but just curious what your source is on this?

I googled it and came up with nothing.. would be interested to read more about it.
Old 01-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #25
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Not doubting you, but just curious what your source is on this?

I googled it and came up with nothing.. would be interested to read more about it.
I found this...
Quote:
Fresh Prince fans have been sharing their favorite scenes today on Twitter and many of them have named “Uncle Phil’s hug” as one of the emotional scenes on television. Of course, a lot of that emotion comes from the heart-wrenching speech given by Will Smith (Yes, Fresh Prince had some emotional moments) but it was Uncle Phil’s hug that put a perfect finish on the scene.
According to IMBD, the hug was actually unscripted. James Avery just got caught up in the moment and grabbed his co-star Will Smith
http://socialnewsdaily.com/22020/jam...witter-reacts/

Quote:
Will Smith improvised all his lines for the very emotional ending, which was not scripted and thought the cameras had stopped rolling, when he said "How come he don't want me, man?"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0583018/...ef_=tt_trv_trv

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 01-03-2014 at 12:00 PM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2015, 01:59 PM   #26
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Bump!

I am a quarter of the way through the sixth and final season of Fresh Prince on Netflix and wanted to offer up some more props to Uncle Phil and one of my favourite shows of all time.

It's likely a bit of nostalgia creeping in, but the show still holds up for me 20-25 years later (and I didn't even watch it during its original run). A great blend of a positive and occasionally serious message with comedy. I think it's cool that many of the original cast members (including Avery when he was alive) still hang out quite regularly.
Old 01-05-2015, 02:19 PM   #27
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Cow Disease View Post
Bump!

I am a quarter of the way through the sixth and final season of Fresh Prince on Netflix and wanted to offer up some more props to Uncle Phil and one of my favourite shows of all time.

It's likely a bit of nostalgia creeping in, but the show still holds up for me 20-25 years later (and I didn't even watch it during its original run). A great blend of a positive and occasionally serious message with comedy. I think it's cool that many of the original cast members (including Avery when he was alive) still hang out quite regularly.
fully agree. Comedy Central is still doing re-runs over here from time to time and I always love it when I catch an episode or two. Simply a great show.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #28
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's likely a bit of nostalgia creeping in, but the show still holds up for me 20-25 years later
Yeah I find it's one of the few shows from it's era that is still not only watchable but still funny.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 03:29 PM   #29
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Awesome show. Still just as funny now, if not more so.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 05:13 PM   #30
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

Quote:
Bump!

Woah woah woah. FP is 25 years old!
Wow.
That is a kick right in my aging balls.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:

Tags
james avery , uncle phil