Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-17-2019, 07:15 AM   #21
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Another couple of signings. One was on the list in Boeser and the other is off the list in Carlo. Both signing bridge contracts. Will be interesting to see if any other players end up signing bridge contracts as well. I would think that Laine signs a bridge. DeAngelo probably signs a 1/2 year contract as well. Out of the other big fish, the most likely is Tkachuk (though I hope we sign him for a longer contract)

Last edited by agulati; 09-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 10:40 AM   #22
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Looks like TonyDeangelo has signed a contract extension with the Rangers (1 year 925k)

https://www.tsn.ca/new-york-rangers-...gelo-1.1368716
Quote:
According to TSN Senior Hockey Reporter Frank Seravalli, the deal is for one year with a cap hit of $925,000. It is the same amount forward Brendan Lemieux got last week, Seravalli notes.
Old 09-20-2019, 11:48 AM   #23
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I was reading on TSN bardown on FB about Mikko Rantanen contact negotiations .i dont think it will end soon unless Avs stop trying to low ball him. Personally none of the players are worth that type of money but the president's been set and and we will have to give Matthew tkachuk around 9 to 10 million.
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:01 PM   #24
442scotty
First Line Centre

Exp:

No way the Flames pay Chucky 9/10 imho. I’d be shocked unless it’s for 8 years and then 9 tops. I don’t care what the precedents are or what Marner got. But whatever. I’m just sour cause he’s holding out... grrrr
442scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 442scotty For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #25
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krynn View Post
I was reading on TSN bardown on FB about Mikko Rantanen contact negotiations .i dont think it will end soon unless Avs stop trying to low ball him. Personally none of the players are worth that type of money but the president's been set and and we will have to give Matthew tkachuk around 9 to 10 million.

Dubas is the man. Go get your 11 million dollars from him.
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DeluxeMoustache For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 12:21 PM   #26
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
More so than Marner, I think Point will be setting the precedent. It looks like teams are viewing Marner to be a significant overpayment that only Toronto will do. If Point ends up signing to a similarly expensive contract, that might push the needle for Tkachuk or Rantanen.
Old 09-20-2019, 12:24 PM   #27
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
They are worth what some one will pay them I guess.

Since we have a salary cap, all it eventually accomplishes is more money going to younger players sooner, which will result in even more parity as teams can't use lower cap hits of young players to have a stronger team short term.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 12:25 PM   #28
カナダ人です
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
80 34 43 77
Brock Boeser Vancouver Canucks 69 26 30 56 SIGNED 16TH SEPTEMBER 2019 (3.875 MILLION PER FOR 3 YEARS)
I'd say Boeser left exactly $2M on the table with that deal!
カナダ人です is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to カナダ人です For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 01:22 PM   #29
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by カナダ人です View Post
I'd say Boeser left exactly $2M on the table with that deal!
Now that is a steal.
Old 09-20-2019, 01:30 PM   #30
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

If I were Tre I would be looking at Point and the Lightning as an interesting barometer. Point's eventual AAV will likely be lower than it should be owing both to the stacked team, and the taxes in Florida. But at least having that precedent will offset Marner's ridiculous salary.

I bet Point goes before Tkachuk - as it should move the needle back a little on the expectations.
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:46 PM   #31
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
No way the Flames pay Chucky 9/10 imho. I’d be shocked unless it’s for 8 years and then 9 tops. I don’t care what the precedents are or what Marner got. But whatever. I’m just sour cause he’s holding out... grrrr
hopefully you're only sour at the process, not the player.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 01:53 PM   #32
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltaGuy View Post
Point's eventual AAV will likely be lower than it should be owing both to the stacked team, and the taxes in Florida.
I wonder about this one. You're right that the team is stacked but that also makes it relatively top heavy despite the discounted contracts. They have five players on the team already that would meet or exceed the "Giordano cap" of the Flames, and that's before Point signs.

Kucherov is making 9.5M, but are they really going to move the Art Ross winner any time soon?

Stamkos is making 8.5M, he's their captain with a full NMC.

Hedman is making 7.8M, he has a full NMC for a couple more years.

McDonagh is making 6.8M, he has a full NTC until 2026.

Vasilevskiy is about to make 9.5M, there is a one year window before his NMC kicks in 2021. Not that there's much chance the Vezina winner is moved.

No doubt that they would look at their secondary scorers of Palat, Gourde, Johnson and Killorn first, but as good as Point has shown, he might become available just out of necessity. 67M signed next year allocated to just 13 players. That's without Point's contract and Sergachev's extension. With the talks of a stagnant cap, they could be in some trouble that goes beyond moving Johnson.

For a short-term deal, unlike the other contracts that have been back-loaded to allow for a high QO, I could see Point fighting for front-loaded contract to ensure he gets a lot of his money under "Florida taxes." Long-term, I'm not sure how much he should factor the taxes into his contract if there's a possibility of him getting moved. Even if it's rather slim.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:17 PM   #33
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I agree with all of you i just have a feeling thats what tkachuk and daddy will demand .oh and i hate talk to text some times , ment precedent not president

Last edited by Krynn; 09-20-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:25 PM   #34
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with all of you i just have a feeling thats what tkachuk and daddy will demand .oh and i hate talk to text some times , ment precedent not president
But that does not mean this is what the Flames will have to pay. I suspect that anything over an $8.5 m cap-hit is too high, and they will simply refuse to pay it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 09-20-2019, 03:31 PM   #35
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Very true textcritic and i hope you're right
Old 09-23-2019, 09:38 AM   #36
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

As per Eric Francis on Fan 960, Point is close to signing an extension around the 6 million dollar range. I didn’t catch the number of years but I’d expect it to be 2/3 years.
Old 09-23-2019, 09:46 AM   #37
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

So if I am not mistaken
Rantanen - apparently wants Marner money, and we know Colorado has cap space
Colorado reportedly offering 8.4-8.75 for 6-8 year term
Point - TB was reportedly offering 5.66 for 3 years and they were supposedly 2 M apart. Francis suggesting it is 2-3 yrs. around 6?

Hopefully a couple of dominos fall quickly here so Tkachuk can get something in place

I never expected him to be the first of these three to sign
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:19 AM   #38
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just gonna bump this thread for the feels good.
TheIronMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 11:25 AM   #39
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Winnipeg is so screwed lol.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 07:00 PM   #40
Press Level
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote: