Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-18-2019, 03:31 AM   #1
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Relentless Positivity Thread

Let's all take a moment to revel in the irony that is grouchy temperamental me starting a bullish positivity thread.

Ok! Moment over!

I had a pretty bad temper tantrum after the OT goal, where I suggested many laughable trades and buyouts and firings in furious texts to friends. I am not beyond blame myself. And I am not putting blame on anyone who is in a down and depressed mood after the game, y'all have a right to be pissed.

But chin up folks! Now is not the time to lambast our team with vitriol! Despite everything that's happened this series, the C of Red needs to be at its loudest and rowdiest. Go Flames Go!

We're not out yet! There's hockey in front of a ridiculously loud C of Red yet to be played!

I'd also like to recognize the diehards that refuse to back down and give up on their team despite them having played this round out badly.

Slanter. Five-hole. browna.
activeStick. VANFLAMESFAN. home_sweet_dome.
killer_carlson. ASP#26525. taxbuster.
Yamer. Vinny01.

And whoever else I may have missed.

Thanks for bringing me back from the brink of endless despair guys. No matter what other posters say you're doing this forum a great credit with your glass half full posts.

Many of the core players here have more to give. There is another gear. They will find this gear. We're stumbling, but not eliminated, not yet.

Let Game 5 at the Dome be the loudest C of Red in recent memory. Let's ####ing go boys and turn the role of choke artists right back in those filthy Avalanche faces when we #### all over them in Game 7.

This is a new series if we win Game 5 at home. Let's ####ing do this y'all. I ain't ready to give up on this season yet.

Nothing like coming back from the brink of elimination to win a series. We must not lose faith until the very end!

Remember folks. Positive, positive, positive. Let's build back up a good vibe for Game 5! Look at me boys, ####in poet without trying. But remember Aragon's words to the one despairing kid in the Two Towers, prior to the Battle for Helm's Deep?

"The men are saying that it is hopeless. That we will not last the night."

"Haleth, son of Hama.... there is always hope."

Always hope. Until the bitter end.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:33 AM   #2
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I’m in. It can be done.

Trap the #### out of that neutral zone. Clog it like Godzilla would after a TexMex all you can eat marathon. Slow them down, they got so much speed coming in that they are almost first on the forecheck. Adapt Peters, adapt.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:36 AM   #3
Jagermeister
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Av's just won 3 in a row. I'd like to think we can too.
Jagermeister is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Jagermeister For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 03:45 AM   #4
Dajazz
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Double post

Last edited by Dajazz; 04-18-2019 at 05:04 AM.
Dajazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:55 AM   #5
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Valimaki played a hell of a game for having barely any experience. I say utilize him and Andersson much more next game and lessen the burden on the Hamonic and Hanifin who look completely gassed. Flames win the next game and they have something to rally behind. It’s not over till it’s over

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 03:56 AM   #6
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Dp
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:34 AM   #7
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, I think the Flames have a good chance to consistently make the playoffs and we've seen that just making the playoffs presents the opportunity for a team to do some damage
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:54 AM   #8
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Now that we have carbon tax to save us, the world probably won't end in 2019.
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:01 AM   #9
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

It doesn't look good right now. However it is still doable, and it's never over until it's over. Win the next game and stop playing like turds. If they don't come out swinging hard and stay swinging in Game 5 at home then I have lost all respect for them.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:03 AM   #10
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not relentlessly positive... just can't stand reading all that negative #### in PGT. I really dislike people.

That was a great game to watch but ultimately a truly devastating loss. So they pick themselves up and win Friday. That starts it.
Go Flames
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 07:06 AM   #11
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just watched the Knights suffer a reverse sweep, so winning 3 with 2 at home seems doable
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:07 AM   #12
kyuss275
Franchise Player

Exp:

1 game at a time. We can win on Friday!!!
kyuss275 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:23 AM   #13
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If we do get out of this and we win 3 in a row, I have to think this sets the team up for a very long run! Just need to take it one game at a time. Things can change really quickly in hockey and it’s not impossible. I really liked Valimaki out there. If we can come out with some lessons learned from Denver and execute, hopefully it’s enough to take game 5, and bring it back to Denver!
Leondros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #14
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The odds aren't in their favor especially when you consider this is the Flames who never come back in series but I will say this Avalanche team really isn't that good. They have the best player in the series in MacKinnon but after that they have a small handful of good players and are pretty average after that. It's not like the Flames are facing the task of winning three straight against a deep Blue Jackets team with a top level goaltender. If there's any team in the playoffs you could rip off three straight against it's this Avalanche team.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:25 AM   #15
MisterJoji
Franchise Player

Exp:

The team has shown it is able to string together nice winning streaks after having a losing streak and I think that’s all this is, a bad streak. Just need the top line and 3M to turn it on like we know they can. The pressure is now all on the Avs to try and close out the series. I honestly believe this series will get to game 7.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:33 AM   #16
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

It's all decided in the first period of game 5.
Looch City is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 07:43 AM   #17
EastCoastFlamesFan
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I am holding out the slightest bit of hope. Colorado looks so good right now, so this is going to be a miracle if we pull this off.

A few things (that have been beaten to death at this point) but I'll add them anyway:

1. Valimaki looked great. He's a stud
2. I love Monahan but he's never looked so bad to me. Has zero going for him. Has to be hurt.
3. Smith playing unreal. Happy to see that for him.
4. Sit Neal. Just sit him. I can't believe how bad he's looked.
5. Play Dube and Czar. Give the team a jolt. I guess Janko sits too?
6. Even though Col has been the better team this series could easily be 3-1 us. Lindholm wins that faceoff in game 1... Backs buries that OT goal last night... UGH. just very frustrating.

I always think back to the 94 series against Vancouver. We're up 3-1 only to blow 3 straight games in OT. I'm sure no one thought Vancouver had a chance. They rallied and got to the cup. So yeah, we just need a little bit of momentum. We win game 6 and all of the sudden the Avalanche start to feel a little heat.
EastCoastFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EastCoastFlamesFan For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 07:44 AM   #18
fanman
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm in.

As dissapointing as the OT loss was, the Flames can claw their way back into this. They need to get back to playing their game. Speed, tenacity, relentless puck pressure and believing in one another. No more passively waiting for the Avs to attack. Take the puck to the slot. Attack together.

They have it in them. Just win the next game in front of the home crowd. I hope the C of red is roaring!
Go Flames!
fanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 08:46 AM   #19
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

different sport, but the point crosses over:

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

The Flames were leading late in both game 2 and 4. Even when they outplay us, we have shown we can still win. Now imagine if we brought an equal amount of compete.