Old 06-18-2018, 04:20 PM   #61
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
https://twitter.com/user/status/1008820726982434816

If true sounds like Tavares has a short list already
Pfft, stupid Dreger. LA doesnt even have that many teams....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cKy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #62
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by keenan87 View Post
San Jose
Las Vegas
Toronto
NY Rangers
St. Louis
LA Kings

I think those are your frontrunners.. Rangers is the "X" factor because no matter how much they suck, they still want to sign big name FAs and players want to go to them.
What a depressing list that is. I sure as #### hope you are dead wrong.

3 teams in our division, another western team, and the Leafs.

Trying to make me barf on my keyboard?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:31 PM   #63
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post
What a depressing list that is. I sure as #### hope you are dead wrong.

3 teams in our division, another western team, and the Leafs.

Trying to make me barf on my keyboard?
I don't really want him to go to any of those teams too. Just my guess and from what has been speculated thus far.

As much as I would love Tavares, I don't think Calgary has much of a chance (I hope I am dead wrong though).
Old 06-18-2018, 04:34 PM   #64
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funny though, Calgary would be perfect for Tavares and vice versa. Calgary needs him, can afford him, is in a sweet spot age wise, and he'd be the number one guy in the number one sport in a town that's pretty decent to the hockey stars.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:39 PM   #65
The Boy Wonder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Funny though, Calgary would be perfect for Tavares and vice versa. Calgary needs him, can afford him, is in a sweet spot age wise, and he'd be the number one guy in the number one sport in a town that's pretty decent to the hockey stars.
I agree with you but you are failing to account for the fact that most non calgarians don’t really see Calgary as an awesome place to live compared to places with beaches, year round golf, not snowy 7 months of the year, etc.

We often get too big for our britches and this is exactly one of those times. Tavares has no tie to Calgary and likely would, like any sane person, pick somewhere warm with a beach over snowy and cold any day
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Boy Wonder For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #66
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

As Flames fans we just have to hope Tavares likes the idea of playing in a Canadian market but without the massive spotlight that goes with being in the center of the hockey universe. Without an ace in the hole like that, I agree our chances are very bleak at best.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:42 PM   #67
Demetric
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
I agree with you but you are failing to account for the fact that most non calgarians don’t really see Calgary as an awesome place to live compared to places with beaches, year round golf, not snowy 7 months of the year, etc.

We often get too big for our britches and this is exactly one of those times. Tavares has no tie to Calgary and likely would, like any sane person, pick somewhere warm with a beach over snowy and cold any day
Maybe he really likes skiing ....
Old 06-18-2018, 04:44 PM   #68
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Money talks. Pay him and he will come. Plus I've visited Mississauga. Blech.

If he wants to play more golf he should go to Edmonton.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:46 PM   #69
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

On Tim and Sid just now:

Bergevin shopping the 3rd overall.
and
Kessel was rumored to be in on a three way deal in the Domi/Galy deal. Seems like they were looking to land a top 5 pick in the draft for Kessel.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I'm curious if Tre moves Dougie for #3 if Tkachuk is still on the board.
The Following User Says Thank You to theslymonkey For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:51 PM   #70
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by theslymonkey View Post
On Tim and Sid just now:

and
Kessel was rumored to be in on a three way deal in the Domi/Galy deal. Seems like they were looking to land a top 5 pick in the draft for Kessel.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet. But I'm curious if Tre moves Dougie for #3 if Tkachuk is still on the board.
I doubt it, personally I think Brady has been over-rated due to Matthew. They'd have to add to get Hamilton.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to the2bears For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:53 PM   #71
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

Those are only a few of the factors someone his age may value. Don't know his exact family situation but it's not hard to imagine a Canadian guy would rather raise kids in Canada vs Trumpland. Gun violence is way higher in America. Racial tensions seem to be way higher in America. America itself seems to be going down the toilet with the Trump administration as their environmental policy has gone backwards as has their legislation in many areas. I'd rather live in Canada myself despite the snow.

Does Tavares have an American wife? A Canadian wife? Is he single? I don't care enough to research it but that by itself may play the biggest factor. You think beaches and lack of snow makes the greatest place to live. Well a guy starting a family with his wife will prioritize schools, standard of living, culture, etc over that. If he has an American wife his chances of staying in the US are much higher. If he has a Canadian wife I'd say his chances of returning to Canada would be much higher. If he's a single guy then he may use some of the factors you think are important.

But yeah if Tavares has a Canadian wife and they're looking to make a family somewhere its not hard to imagine they may want to return to the Motherland.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #72
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
I doubt it, personally I think Brady has been over-rated due to Matthew. They'd have to add to get Hamilton.
Such a bizarre take that often gets repeated on this board.

Why on earth would scouts overrate a kid because his brother was good? Brady is ranked where he is on his own merits. He's a consensus top 5 pick according to Bob Mackenzie.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:55 PM   #73
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by the2bears View Post
Just to clarify, I don't want that trade to happen. I like Dougie far too much. But with all the Flames moving a D chatter, it has to make you wonder if Tre would want to complete the Tkachuk set.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:56 PM   #74
FlamesFanTrev
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
On Tim and Sid just now:

and

I dont think they will trade Hamilton straight up for 3rd Overall. It would have to be a much bigger trade that would see help now comming back, not just futures.

Last edited by FlamesFanTrev; 06-18-2018 at 05:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlamesFanTrev For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:57 PM   #75
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Wahlstrom pretty much more than anyone else not named Svechnikov.

If there was some sort of miracle that could happen for the Flames to land Wahlstrom, please allow this to happen. Oh Hockey Gods, I pray to thee.

I honestly see ton of Jeremy Roenick in Wahlstrom. But faster.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:58 PM   #76
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the Flames were to move Hamilton for 3rd overall, I sure hope they get more added to the deal than just the 3rd overall. High picks always sounds super sexy, and usually get over rated by fans, especially around draft time. But if Bennett has taught us anything first hand, it's that high picks are just magic beans. Yeah, they are higher quality magic beans, but still just magic beans none the less.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #77
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Just to clarify, I don't want that trade to happen. I like Dougie far too much. But with all the Flames moving a D chatter, it has to make you wonder if Tre would want to complete the Tkachuk set.
Hamilton for the #3 doesn't really make much sense to me. And I'd love to land another Tkachuk. Just don't see how that improves the team.

Now if the price were Brodie, Ferland and a pick? Maybe
The Following User Says Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #78
theslymonkey
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFanTrev View Post
I dont think they will trade Hamilton straight up for 3rd Overall. It would have to be a much bigger that would see help now comming back, not just futures.
But it wouldnt be futures. I think if Tre wants that deal. He waits until the MTL pick and then pulls the trigger to pair up the brothers.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #79
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames Draft Watcher View Post
Such a bizarre take that often gets repeated on this board.

Why on earth would scouts overrate a kid because his brother was good? Brady is ranked where he is on his own merits. He's a consensus top 5 pick according to Bob Mackenzie.
I don't know why, but you raise a good point. Though consensus rankings aren't always right, it's more likely they are correct.

I still think they'd have to add to the 3OA to get Hamilton.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:01 PM   #80
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Wonder how Dougie would feel watching his bro shipped off and then they go and get Brady.
The Following User Says Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread