Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2021, 06:27 AM   #1821
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
It absolutely shouldn't, but it still blows my mind that a sitting US president has not done a live address to the nation after the capitol was attacked. I mean, we all know why, but wow.
The whole thing is mind blowing. People showed up with shirts made emblazoned with the date and civil war, plastic handcuffs, stun guns, body armour and other gear. They erected a gallows! And the general defence is they got “a little caught up in the moment” or “we should just move past this and focus on healing”.

It’s stunning. I saw one speaker yesterday (didn’t catch his name) in the impeachment vote who said “if this isn’t grounds for impeachment, I don’t know what is”. It’s unbelievable that some are seemingly able to downplay these events.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Slava For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 06:36 AM   #1822
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, listening to some of those people was tough yesterday. I thought that some sort of line had been crossed last week that would make it hard for even the most hardcore Trumpists to somehow spin and defend this. Well, looks like I was wrong. "Political revenge", "the country needs to heal", "he leaves in a week anyway" ... shameful stuff, really.

if only 9 Congress Republicans follow after Liz Cheneys statement, you just know this thing has a snowballs chance in hell to go through the senate. Maybe they'll get to 55 or 60, but no chance they'll get the 2/3 majority.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 06:38 AM   #1823
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
The whole thing is mind blowing. People showed up with shirts made emblazoned with the date and civil war, plastic handcuffs, stun guns, body armour and other gear. They erected a gallows! And the general defence is they got “a little caught up in the moment” or “we should just move past this and focus on healing”.

It’s stunning. I saw one speaker yesterday (didn’t catch his name) in the impeachment vote who said “if this isn’t grounds for impeachment, I don’t know what is”. It’s unbelievable that some are seemingly able to downplay these events.
If you want to feel a bit better about the event being taken seriously, listen to the FBI and Acting DC Attorney General briefing. Linked this bit for the most “yes, this is serious” part:

At 2:50 he starts discussing what the public has been seeing in social media, but how there are some shocking charges to come that the public knows nothing of.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 07:09 AM   #1824
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Only a regular user would know this. Because, frankly, i've never heard of it until it was in the news this past week.
seriously, did you just say I'm likely a regular user of the website because I know of it and thought it's common knowledge?

that's what your post comes across like, and I do take offense.

back on topic, I did think more republicans would turn on trump now that the winds have shifted.
maybe they're waiting to see if the money taps will come back on once trump is out of office.

Last edited by GordonBlue; 01-14-2021 at 07:11 AM.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 07:43 AM   #1825
flylock shox
1 millionth post winnar!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
If you want to feel a bit better about the event being taken seriously, listen to the FBI and Acting DC Attorney General briefing. Linked this bit for the most “yes, this is serious” part:

At 2:50 he starts discussing what the public has been seeing in social media, but how there are some shocking charges to come that the public knows nothing of.
That guy is the most refreshing American government speaker I've heard in months. Sounds like we'll be learning new details til March.

Hopefully the FBI doesn't have a brand new set of similar investigations to launch a week from now.
flylock shox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #1826
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flylock shox View Post
Hopefully the FBI doesn't have a brand new set of similar investigations to launch a week from now.
I must need coffee as this took me too long to get.

Dark but... possible
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:19 AM   #1827
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

So the Hurricanes' response to the kid was a classic "I don't know her"
Quote:
"The Carolina Hurricanes rely on PJS to hire staff for our air travel," the team said in a statement. "Until Mr. Buchanan's social media posts Tuesday night, the Hurricanes knew nothing about him. We will not be commenting further."
https://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/id/...r-firing-claim
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 08:21 AM   #1828
Huntingwhale
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

This guy ain't messing around. Warms my soul to have watched this.

Last edited by Huntingwhale; 01-14-2021 at 08:26 AM.
Huntingwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:06 AM   #1829
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:

Yeah if you read the tea leaves there is a feeling that some seriously sinister kyit went down last week.

I dont think its "announced" yet, but it appears that an investigation is underway to see how among the chaos and mob mentality of storming the Capitol building, there was a very organized and focused group that knew they wanted to do......and where to do it.

30 house members wrote and signed a letter that has been sent to the FBI. In it, they all describe seeing groups of people walking through the building the DAY BEFORE the riots and being led by staffers and/or congressmen. It appeared to them that the visitors were taking notes on what offices were located where in the massive structure. It was alarming enough that one of the members called the House Sergeant at Arms to ask if law enforcement were aware of the outsiders being there and is there a threat. The answer to both was no.

So in summary...it appears that there might be a real conspiracy here that includes members of the house of representatives/staff who actively participated in a plan to stop the certification of electoral votes which would have made the election null and void (in their minds), they would hunt down Mike Pence and Nancy Pelosi for assassination, and restored the pwer back to Trump.

Absolutely frightening and why the sedition talk is not going away any time soon.

Now...the ONLY way these folks got into the secured areas were to be let in by someone who works there and has that kind of clearance. This has been that way since all tours and such were stopped lat March because of covid.
Old 01-14-2021, 09:12 AM   #1830
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good summary tranny. There's some serious inside baseball going on in this event, and heads should roll for those who assisted in sedition and treason.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 09:14 AM   #1831
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

These people will not be happy until they actually start an insurrection.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349718142323478529
Old 01-14-2021, 09:18 AM   #1832
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
These people will never be happy about anything. Their entire perspective is based on grievance.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2021, 09:19 AM   #1833
81MC
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Specifies pipe bombs were outside the Capitol. That’s interesting.
Old 01-14-2021, 10:00 AM   #1834
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ped View Post
It absolutely shouldn't, but it still blows my mind that a sitting US president has not done a live address to the nation after the capitol was attacked. I mean, we all know why, but wow.
I don't think he's even made a comment on the police officer who died, nor ordered the flag at the WH lowered I believe. The Capitol building lowered their flag.

Actually I'm not sure he's even made comment on the Trump supporters who died either.
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:02 AM   #1835
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swift View Post
I don't think he's even made a comment on the police officer who died, nor ordered the flag at the WH lowered I believe. The Capitol building lowered their flag.

Actually I'm not sure he's even made comment on the Trump supporters who died either.
He's throwing the greatest pity party of all-time for himself, why waste a thought on others?
Old 01-14-2021, 10:03 AM   #1836
Enoch Root
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

There was a time (a long time ago) when I was a big, big fan of Maria.

A small part of me died, watching that.
Enoch Root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:04 AM   #1837
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Jesus Christ, these morons are only gonna make this situation worse by continuing to spew this ridiculous bulls***. I wish Fox would make up their minds. Over the last couple of weeks it seemed like they had finally turned on Trump, but then you watch the clip above, and it's the same old crap again.
direwolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:15 AM   #1838
KootenayFlamesFan
Commie Referee

Exp:

Hillary's 'basket of deplorables' comment from 2016 was spot on.

If anything she undersold it.
KootenayFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:30 AM   #1839
dobbles
addition by subtraction

Exp:

Getting back to everyone noting whether or not they had heard of Stormfront before, I recall the forum The Daily Stormer blew up in popularity a few years back and at the time had finally passed Stormfront to become the most popular online hate group site for this stuff. I think that was about 5 years ago. I recall at the time groups like the SPLC making a decent deal about it. Maybe even related to / at a similar time to the Dylan Roof shooting?
This individual is not affluent and more of a member of that shrinking middle class. It is likely the individual does not have a high paying job, is limited on benefits, and has to make due with those benefits provided by employer.
dobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:39 AM   #1840
Flashpoint
Not the 1 millionth post winnar

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post
Jesus Christ, these morons are only gonna make this situation worse by continuing to spew this ridiculous bulls***. I wish Fox would make up their minds. Over the last couple of weeks it seemed like they had finally turned on Trump, but then you watch the clip above, and it's the same old crap again.
Trump is gone, so they can get back to playing to their base, and pretending they supported him all along.

Same thing from the GOP.

Oilers give up a pick and a player to take on 5.5 mil."
-Bax
Flashpoint is offline   Reply With Quote