Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2021, 12:36 PM   #1781
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't wait for the American right to blame these private companies for trying to limit the congress members right to free speech
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #1782
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

what's with the NRA.
I haven't heard from them in a while.
I wonder what they're up to as they've been unusually quiet the last few months.

It it just because of their infighting and money problems?
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:38 PM   #1783
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

This is extremely intriguing.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349345001734434819
Old 01-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #1784
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
No, it clearly does not. Having been on Parler does not make someone a member of a group that engaged in seditious action against the United States of America. The content and nature of engagement on Parler may, but merely having been on Parler does not.

Statements like that are both wrong and, in combination with both a map that can be used to identify individual households of Parler users and a climate of justified anger about what happened on the 6th and what has been happening generally with the far-right, have potential to result in people who have done nothing wrong becoming targets of public anger and distrust.
Hahahaha. Yeah, keep thinking that. Every single person that was on Parler is now being investigated, especially those on "the map." You are who you associate with, and when you associate with a bunch of seditionists you are considered a seditionist until proven otherwise. Every single name on their membership list will get a going over and see if there is data that moves them higher on the person of interest list. Ignoring that is just ignoring the reality of how investigations are done. Just like any ####### with an account on Stormfront was considered a racist white nationalist until proven otherwise, #######s who flocked to Parler will be lumped in the same way with those who partook in sedition against the United States. Parler is a treasure trove of evidence and the authorities will exhaust it before clearing anyone. The spider web there is going to lead some very interesting directions.
Lanny_McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:44 PM   #1785
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hey there's always Discover Card and Diners Club!
Old 01-13-2021, 12:47 PM   #1786
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Diner’s Club. That’s a blast from the past.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 12:53 PM   #1787
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watching this impeachment vote is disgusting. Seeing the majority of the GOP defend this president after what happened last week is just embarrassing and sad. That party needs a serious purge of these Trumpist, extreme right wing conservatives. How anybody could support or vote for this party is beyond me.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Muta For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 12:58 PM   #1788
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So many GOP who refuse to wear a mask properly. Children.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woob For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 01:06 PM   #1789
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #1790
JohnnyB
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Hahahaha. Yeah, keep thinking that. Every single person that was on Parler is now being investigated, especially those on "the map." You are who you associate with, and when you associate with a bunch of seditionists you are considered a seditionist until proven otherwise. Every single name on their membership list will get a going over and see if there is data that moves them higher on the person of interest list. Ignoring that is just ignoring the reality of how investigations are done. Just like any ####### with an account on Stormfront was considered a racist white nationalist until proven otherwise, #######s who flocked to Parler will be lumped in the same way with those who partook in sedition against the United States. Parler is a treasure trove of evidence and the authorities will exhaust it before clearing anyone. The spider web there is going to lead some very interesting directions.
No need for being condescending and impolite. Seriously, wtf? I'm not interested in debating your ego.

We can just wait and see what the outcome is anyways. I certainly don't believe that everyone investigated by the FBI based on using Parler will be charged. I believe the FBI will be able to discern that some people on Parler, including some people posting on Parler whose locations appear on that map, weren't actually part of that seditious group. You may not make that distinction, but I have faith that the competent people of the FBI and the judicial system will.

"If stupidity got us into this mess, then why can't it get us out?"
JohnnyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:16 PM   #1791
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349371762811744264

https://twitter.com/user/status/1349431707003473927

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:19 PM   #1792
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't have a Stormfront account nor have I ever been on Stormfront but what's wrong with having been on Stormfront?

Nothing apparently.
What's stormfront?

Edit:

Stormfront is a pan-European white nationalist, white supremacist, antisemitic, Holocaust denial, and Neo- Nazi Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate ...

������
Old 01-13-2021, 02:21 PM   #1793
Envitro
First Line Centre

Exp:

I usually don't mind Shapiro, and I think he's OK when there's someone to converse with (i.e. Joe Rogan). You can see how he arrives at certain points and I can appreciate that.

However, in this instance, he's an idiot. There's a big difference between "zip ties", i.e cable management ties that he's talking about, and plastic handcuffs which is what these guys were carrying.

Not the same thing Ben...
Envitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 02:22 PM   #1794
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyB View Post
No need for being condescending and impolite. Seriously, wtf? I'm not interested in debating your ego.

We can just wait and see what the outcome is anyways. I certainly don't believe that everyone investigated by the FBI based on using Parler will be charged. I believe the FBI will be able to discern that some people on Parler, including some people posting on Parler whose locations appear on that map, weren't actually part of that seditious group. You may not make that distinction, but I have faith that the competent people of the FBI and the judicial system will.
I clearly made the distinction earlier. Discern means they will have weighted the evidence and cleared them on wrong doing. Until that juncture they will be on a list of possible suspects. The FBI, and other branches of government, will exhaust all evidence to determine guilt and innocence. A membership on Parler clearly puts you in the crosshairs of the investigation seeing as that was one of the major platforms used to communicate plans of action in the seditious activities of the 6th.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:26 PM   #1795
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corporatejay View Post
What's stormfront?

Edit:

Stormfront is a pan-European white nationalist, white supremacist, antisemitic, Holocaust denial, and Neo- Nazi Internet forum, and the Web's first major racial hate ...

������
you're not a stupid person. I don't believe you wouldn't have known of the infamous stormfront.

I can be somewhat ignorant, and I know.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #1796
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Unlike Psycnet I don't have a catalogue of ####ed up internet sites and personalities that I keep in my Rolodex of stuff I know.
Old 01-13-2021, 02:33 PM   #1797
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unlike Psycnet I don't have a catalogue of ####ed up internet sites and personalities that I keep in my Rolodex of stuff I know.
NSFW!
Old 01-13-2021, 02:54 PM   #1798
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

I had never heard of Stormfront until now either. You’re not alone in shunning the extremes of the Internet
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #1799
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
NSFW!
Not even joking. Steve Bannon was on that site??
Old 01-13-2021, 02:57 PM   #1800
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calculoso View Post
I had never heard of Stormfront until now either. You’re not alone in shunning the extremes of the Internet
I also shun the extremes of the internet, but it's made mainstream news many time over the years. so many times in fact that the site should be common knowledge. It's not like you need to go somewhere to actually be aware of it.
The Following User Says Thank You to GordonBlue For This Useful Post: