Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2008, 12:32 PM   #1
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:
Default Stuck pixel in Samsung HD TV

A few nights ago I noticed a small stuck green pixel in the right hand corner of my TV. I have done a little research online and found some positive feedback from a few applications that can be run including:

http://www.jscreenfix.com/

Has anyone had any luck with this type of app? Also, I had read that if you apply light pressure to the stuck area that it can fix the problem as well. Any feedback on this?

Any help would be appreciated
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 12:52 PM   #2
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

No sorry. I as well have the one green pixel on my Sammy. Let me know if it works!
RW99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #3
red sky
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RW99 View Post
No sorry. I as well have the one green pixel on my Sammy. Let me know if it works!
Will do. I am first going to apply the "pixel massage" and see if that works.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-a-Stuck-P...an-LCD-Monitor

Pressure Method
  1. Turn off your computer's monitor.
  2. Get yourself a damp washcloth, so that you don't scratch your screen.
  3. Take a household pen, pencil, screwdriver, or some other sort of instrument with a focused, but relatively dull, point. A very good tool would be a PDA stylus.
  4. Fold the washcloth to make sure you don't accidentally puncture it and scratch the screen.
  5. Apply pressure through the folded washcloth with the instrument to exactly where the stuck pixel is. Try not to put pressure anywhere else, as this may make more stuck pixels.
  6. While applying pressure, turn on your computer and screen.
  7. Remove pressure and the stuck pixel should be gone. This works as the liquid in the liquid crystal has not spread into each little pixel. This liquid is used with the backlight on your monitor, allowing different amounts of light through, which creates the different colors.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote