Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I vote for Ranger
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:49 AM   #302
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will say this guy has some energy. Constantly running around checking things out and chewing on things. Wife and I are thinking about getting a play pen so we can cook dinner and such without worrying about him.
Weitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 12:37 PM   #303
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
I will say this guy has some energy. Constantly running around checking things out and chewing on things. Wife and I are thinking about getting a play pen so we can cook dinner and such without worrying about him.
A puppy AND a border collie... the energy will be endless! Haha. Instead of a playpen, maybe an x-pen. Then you can make it into a pen shape when you need it and use it as a fence at other times. I use mine to block off the front door area, when I'm getting food delivered or something like that.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Amethyst For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2019, 12:42 PM   #304
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 Ball View Post
I vote for Ranger
I vote 8-ball
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 01:00 PM   #305
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
A puppy AND a border collie... the energy will be endless! Haha. Instead of a playpen, maybe an x-pen. Then you can make it into a pen shape when you need it and use it as a fence at other times. I use mine to block off the front door area, when I'm getting food delivered or something like that.
I googled x-pen and that’s what I was thinking of when I said play pen haha. That’s s good idea though. Use it as a fence when needed.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:55 PM   #306
8 Ball
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I vote 8-ball
I like it
8 Ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 08:00 AM   #307
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got my first dog!
Meet Coco, she's an 8 week old Great Bernese (Bernese Mountain & Great Pyrenese).
Have had her for under 24 hours and she's amazing (except poops and pees everywhere

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 06-08-2019 at 08:33 AM.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 12:35 PM   #308
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
I just got my first dog!
Meet Coco, she's an 8 week old Great Bernese (Bernese Mountain & Great Pyrenese).
Have had her for under 24 hours and she's amazing (except poops and pees everywhere )
Nice! My new pup were having troubles getting him to poop in the backyard. But in his crate? No problem at all!
Old 05-26-2019, 01:16 PM   #309
Amethyst
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Nice! My new pup were having troubles getting him to poop in the backyard. But in his crate? No problem at all!
How big is the crate? They will sometimes do that if the crate is too big. If you do have a big crate, you can block it off with something for now, to make it more his size.
Amethyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2019, 06:37 PM   #310
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amethyst View Post
How big is the crate? They will sometimes do that if the crate is too big. If you do have a big crate, you can block it off with something for now, to make it more his size.
Yah it’s a big one but with a partition. I think we had it set too big still. Have shrunk it down today.

The pup has been way calmer and has napped a lot and has been a good day today. Forgot how much work puppies are but it’s so worth it.
Old 06-05-2019, 12:30 PM   #311
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Spoiler!

Spoiler!
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 01:21 PM   #312
woob
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Love the last one. Other than the heart attack inducing shock once you hit the water, it'd be so fun to crazy carpet down that.
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2019, 02:09 PM   #313
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
Meet Vader, who is 9 weeks old. He just came home last night:

I always joked since I was a teenager about having Black and Chocolate Labs named Vader and Chewie. We decided to add a dog to the family this summer and my wife happened upon an ad for Black Lab puppies. We decided to go for it. When I asked her if she had any ideas on a name she said "Oh, come on. It's quite obvious!". The kids were all for the name too. So I guess I named our dog nearly 25 years ago.

Now that he's only 9 weeks old it he seems waaaaay too cute be be called Vader, but wait until he's full grown!
Update on Vader. He turned 1 years old last week:

Birthday present!
Spoiler!

Watching over the backyard, making sure to bark at any leaf that blows by:
Spoiler!

So, yeah.... he's grown a little bit. He actually was neutered yesterday and weighed in at 100lbs. He actually looks nice and slender so he could bulk up a bit still.... yikes!
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Buff For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 02:49 PM   #314
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

So we have now had Glen the Border Collie for 2 weeks now. He is absolutely amazing, adorable, annoying, assholish, and awesome as can be:

He rolled in his own poop which is hilarious but needed to be cleaned up

Spoiler!

Then of course he wants to go play outside

Spoiler!

Gotta keep watch of the backyard....

Spoiler!

Attack that Camera!!

Spoiler!

I just want to chew on my toy, leave me alone!!

Spoiler!

Im getting sleepy..

Spoiler!

... And I'm out..

Spoiler!

Last edited by Weitz; 06-05-2019 at 02:53 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Weitz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 02:56 PM   #315
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh. My. God Weitz......

I must dogsit for you.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GoinAllTheWay For This Useful Post:
Old 06-05-2019, 03:00 PM   #316
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Socks with flip flops??? Are you a serial killer?
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2019, 07:51 PM   #317
Drummer
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Pet Appreciation Thread.

Spread the word!
June 21, 22, and 23 at Animal Services they are having an adopt-a-thon. All cats are 50% off and are $81.50.
2201 Portland St SE

https://www.calgary.ca/CSPS/ABS/Page...able-cats.aspx

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/15415...6/?jwsource=cl
Drummer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Drummer For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 12:50 PM   #318
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone here have any experience with budgies? We have a budgie we inherited a couple years back. She was found by my g/f's aunt in her back yard 4 or so years ago. They didn't really want her so we agreed to take her. Ever since I've been blown away but how much fun these little birds are. So playful and affectionate. She bonded really well with my g/f. Likes me too but she is her preference. 2 years of fun but our little budgie has taken a turn for the worse. The poor poor little girl has somehow hurt her foot badly and come down with an infection. Long story short, I think we will have to have her put down. We took her to an Avian vet and he said he couldn't feel any obvious breaks. He prescribed antibiotics and milk thistle to hopefully fight off the infection but her foot isn't getting any better.

Having her put down will easily be one of the hardest things I've had to do recently. After, I don't think I could not have a pet bird.

To anyone with budgies, did you have one or two? We were very involved with her. Let her have free run of the house. Never kept her in her cage unless we were at work all day. Bought suction cup perches to put on kitchen and living room windows. So I think we did just fine with keeping her happy and engaged but always wondered if she would have preferred to have company during the day. We'd leave the radio on but that's not enough I don't think.

Thoughts? Experiences?
Old 07-02-2019, 01:10 PM   #319
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post

To anyone with budgies, did you have one or two? We were very involved with her. Let her have free run of the house. Never kept her in her cage unless we were at work all day. Bought suction cup perches to put on kitchen and living room windows. So I think we did just fine with keeping her happy and engaged but always wondered if she would have preferred to have company during the day. We'd leave the radio on but that's not enough I don't think.

Thoughts? Experiences?
We have two. Same deal, they have a cage where they sleep, but the door's never closed and they have free reign. But, they stick to their territory which is just the one room. With two (or more), they are far less affectionate. With one, you become their flock. With two, they stick together. I couldn't tell you if that makes them happier or not. The only time they'll really let us play with them (sit on our fingers or shoulder) is at night when they're sleepy.
Leeman4Gilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Leeman4Gilmour For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2019, 04:38 PM   #320
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ok, maybe we will stick to 1 then. She's usually very involved with us. Can be a bit annoying when you're making dinner and she wants to watch what's going on from the top of your head but in hindsight, I'll miss that part.