Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2019, 02:04 PM   #1321
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Why would you even bring that here?
Woah man, what crawled up your butt?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2019, 02:10 PM   #1322
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

On a related note, my boss just forwarded me an invite to a vendor hosted premiere for Endgame. Getting to watch Avengers on premiere day for free during work hours almost feels like cheating
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2019, 02:31 PM   #1323
stang
CP's Fraser Crane

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
On a related note, my boss just forwarded me an invite to a vendor hosted premiere for Endgame. Getting to watch Avengers on premiere day for free during work hours almost feels like cheating
You guys have any job openings?
stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to stang For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2019, 07:39 AM   #1324
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm really digging the vibe of this movie and Harleys new look. Hopefully it's what Suicide Squad would have been without the studio interference.

Spoiler!
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #1325
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I watched Captain Marvel last week.
I didn't know much about the character going into it, but I thought it was a pretty good movie. Up there with some of the other origin movies in the MCU

Non-spoiling part, only difficulty I had was that I was familiar with the material from the Agents of Shield TV show, and from playing Marvel games on my phone, so the friend/foe relationships were a little confusing until it played out at the end.

Also witnessed a lot of families with their daughters specifically going to the movie, so I thought that was touching and CM is a good role model for young girls to look up to

7.5/10

LChoy
Old 03-29-2019, 10:30 AM   #1326
Izzle
First Line Centre

Exp:

From the guys that brought you the Road to Civil War and the Road to Infinity War supercuts, comes this:

Aw crap... looks like the embedded version doesn't work. You'll have to watch it on youtube.
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 09:31 AM   #1327
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

First footage of X-MEN Dark Phoenix is getting great reviews. They showed about 10 minutes and it was compared to Days of Future Past. Everyone has kinda forgotten about this movie but it's the last of the franchise that has lasted 19 years and given us some of the best comic book movies ever. I'm extremely sad the X universe is ending

Caution the article contains spoilers

https://deadline.com/2019/03/x-men-d...on-1202585214/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-30-2019, 12:46 PM   #1328
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I am sad to, but given that Singer was the mastermind of this universe (not all movies i understand but a large portion) and is a complete creep who needs to be put in jail, I am ok with moving on.

No way Disney touches anything X-Men with a 20 foot pole, they will reboot it all and clear the name, distancing themselves from el-pedo.
Old 03-30-2019, 01:17 PM   #1329
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I don’t see what Singer has to do with anything. If this cast is popular I don’t see why they’d want to wipe the slate clean. Singer has already been banished from the franchise and they still made Dark Phoenix.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2019, 01:42 PM   #1330
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I don’t see what Singer has to do with anything. If this cast is popular I don’t see why they’d want to wipe the slate clean. Singer has already been banished from the franchise and they still made Dark Phoenix.
Singer's universe was already largely rebooted. They brought in a different director for X-Men first class, which pretty much rebooted the whole thing.

They gave Singer another chance with DOFP and Apocalypse, but Apocalypse was crap. Even then Singer was only brought in on DOFP when Vaughn left at the last minute, and Singer did not write that one, that's greatest strength was it's script.

Singer has little to do with the current younger X-Men universe, and when he does get involved, he seems to make it worse.

It'd be a shame to do away with the current cast, merely because there is crossover with Singer's former X-Men universe. Fassbender delivered some of the comic book villain performances of all time.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 11:25 AM   #1331
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Won't someone please think of the children

It's people like this that caused us to go from Batman Returns to Batman Forever

Old 04-02-2019, 07:32 AM   #1332
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Endgame tickets are ON SALE.

Good thing I worked today or I would've still been sleeping. Got tickets for the Sunday afternoon showing right after they went up, but Landmark and Cineplex seem to be down/extremely slow right now. Good luck!
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 08:04 AM   #1333
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1113049038583083008
Old 04-02-2019, 09:51 AM   #1334
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Movie tickets on sale crashing websites and apps. Atom has been non responsive for the last two hours. Never thought I’d see the day.

They have so few showings listed though. I’m gonna have to wait until they add more.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 09:52 AM   #1335
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yep, can't get cineplex to load and the app isn't responding either... Hey do you guys think this movie is going to do well at the box office?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CorsiHockeyLeague For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2019, 09:53 AM   #1336
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

HOOK IT TO MY GOD DAMN VEINS ALREADY

Ya i can't get any sites to load for me. They are on sale for Galaxy theaters, but not Landmark.. weird.
Old 04-02-2019, 09:56 AM   #1337
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was lucky to find a ticket on the Atom app this morning

While you guys are waiting on tickets here is the first movie poster for Joker and the teaser trailer arrives tomorrow!

Spoiler!

Now back to End Game talk
Old 04-02-2019, 10:13 AM   #1338
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

3 hours 2 minutes runtime for Endgame, eh? Wonder what the directors cut will be.

I'm not sure if that was previously leaked but I don't pay attention to press for fear of spoilers; that just stood out to me.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 04-02-2019, 10:46 AM   #1339
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Yep, can't get cineplex to load and the app isn't responding either... Hey do you guys think this movie is going to do well at the box office?
Hopefully something finally takes down Avatar from the #1 spot. I think it has a 50/50 chance to make that happen.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 10:53 AM   #1340
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Avatar is barely in the top 50 for openings. It did its large gross on staying power, Gone with the Wind style (okay, not that egregious). The last Avengers movie holds the record, this one will surely break it. It's just a question of how high it goes.

I've been just sort of letting the website load, looking at what's left for IMAX... Lots of tickets available for the Friday matinee, not much for Thursday night unless you want to sit front row, is what I've gleaned so far.