Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-16-2019, 05:27 PM   #821
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Thanks all of you. That was helpful to assist in gauging their progress.

If 78 was yesterday and 169 this afternoon, good chance those of us in the 200s don't start getting calls until mid-tomorrow.
Thunderball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 05:47 PM   #822
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

So what is everyone getting / planning on getting? I won't be able to commit to a full season, however I will likely wait for a 5-game pack (2-3 seats) if they offer such a thing, or buy 5 matches off of a season ticket holder (again 2-3 seats), which I am open to discussing with someone here who may need to offload a few games.

Just curious what sections people are snapping up. If I was to buy season tickets, I'd probably aim for the main stand, but close to the supporters section (for price and atmosphere reasons, while maintaining a decent view of the pitch). My only reason for not being in the supporters section is that I'd be coming with my 7-year-old, and the persistent standing would make it difficult for him to see (but I full endorse persistent standing). The noise, alcohol, and colourful language is NOT a reason.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2019, 06:14 PM   #823
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

This caught on with my friends more then I thought it would and we are planning on getting 6 sets of seasons in the supporters section.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:19 PM   #824
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

The supporters group has the first 4 rows of section 200 spoken for until the member calls are done, and I think we will fill that easily. Have a feeling the rest of section 200 will go quickly due to atmosphere and the attractive price. Section 201 will get the spillover, or the people who want to be close to the atmosphere without being the atmosphere.

For anyone who wants to be close to the atmosphere, but have kids, I'd recommend section 109. The view is better, you'll have a roof, and seasons are only $100 more per seat in that section (single game tickets are $7 more).

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:24 PM   #825
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Plan is to get a couple tickets in 105 or 106 near the front row. It'll depend what's available when they call.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:47 PM   #826
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went with the main stand and toward the supporters end, but a section in toward the middle of the pitch. Front row, for the same reasons mentioned above. I was considering closer to the supporters, but I did want the covered seating because I am a born and raised Calgarian!

I feel like there’s a lot of demand for this and as Canada edges closer to hosting a piece of the World Cup it should only grow. I think the franchise here should do pretty well actually, even though the prices were a little more than I expected.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 10:52 AM   #827
Thunderball
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just got my call and locked down two seats in 105, Row 1.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thunderball For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 10:56 AM   #828
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've decided I'm going to do ticket packs or individual tickets instead of seasons. Aside from not being in town for several weekends of the year this year, I want to experience the product first and go to 4-5 games when I can - if it's something I'm really enjoying (and I believe it will be), then I'll be more than happy to buy a couple of season tickets next year.
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 12:05 PM   #829
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
Just got my call and locked down two seats in 105, Row 1.
Nice! Top of the line!
Old 01-17-2019, 02:05 PM   #830
Jimmy Stang
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just got my call (#249) and regrettably declined season tickets (posted about this previously) but will be notified when game packs go on sale. He said that they are planning 3 and 5 game packs, depending on availability after all of the members get a crack at season tickets. I did poll some friends and family about splitting some season tickets, but a) it would be funner to go together, and b) everyone thought it sounded neat, but nobody was able to commit to taking x tickets. So here we are - I'll be waiting for game packs, which I think is more realistic for my schedule this coming summer.

Ironically, I got the same, nice guy on the phone who I had previously had a good chat about parking, prices, etc. and he said that they are seeing a lot of 2 and 4 seat purchases from members, and that they are above 500 sold thus far (after 250 calls, so they are averaging approx. 2 seats per member, even including those like me who didn't buy). He does expect it to slow down a little as the member numbers get higher, but he did say that they are pleased with the response so far.

Generally speaking, if someone is willing to drop some money just to become a member, they'll likely be investing further in some capacity. I would imagine that the vast majority of those that don't buy season tickets will be committing to 1/3 or 1/5 season by way of a 5 or 3 game pack.

For me, despite my criticisms of a few things along the way, my excitement is growing as this thing starts to take shape.

Last edited by Jimmy Stang; 01-17-2019 at 02:07 PM.
Jimmy Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jimmy Stang For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 02:14 PM   #831
Arsenal14
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm splitting a couple seats in the top row of 109 with another CP member. Close to the supporters section for the atmosphere but with a roof and nobody behind me. I'll see how hard it is to get to Spruce Meadows and how hard it is to find somebody to go with me and then decide next year if I'll do a similar arrangement, a pair of full season tickets, or game packs. Still waiting to hear what the "gift" for season ticket holders is. Not holding out much hope for a jersey but maybe a nice scarf?
Arsenal14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 02:35 PM   #832
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal14 View Post
I'm splitting a couple seats in the top row of 109 with another CP member. Close to the supporters section for the atmosphere but with a roof and nobody behind me. I'll see how hard it is to get to Spruce Meadows and how hard it is to find somebody to go with me and then decide next year if I'll do a similar arrangement, a pair of full season tickets, or game packs. Still waiting to hear what the "gift" for season ticket holders is. Not holding out much hope for a jersey but maybe a nice scarf?
I think it's going to depend on the tier. I spoke with the rep because I was debating between troops and corps. I wasn't sure which to go with and she brought up the gift. She said for troops it could be something like a hat or scarf and for corps it could be something like a hoodie or practice jersey.

To be fair, she wasn't saying "this is what you get" and was just kind of throwing out examples based on what I was debating between. She did say that they have to finalize those things still, so take that for what it's worth.

And one other thing that I was going to mention is that you can buy a parking pass for $130 for the season. I'm still debating that and haven't ruled it out. You could park at the C-Train for free and take their shuttle of course. I don't know, because it depends on whether I want to be able to have a few drinks at the game and not have to be concerned with driving after.
Old 01-17-2019, 02:44 PM   #833
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
I think it's going to depend on the tier. I spoke with the rep because I was debating between troops and corps. I wasn't sure which to go with and she brought up the gift. She said for troops it could be something like a hat or scarf and for corps it could be something like a hoodie or practice jersey.
Wow, if this is true, it will be kind of disappointing, especially when other clubs are including a replica jersey (presumably around $100) with each season ticket purchase. So Cavalry charges more for season tickets while giving out free items that are half (or even a quarter) of the cost than other teams.
lazypucker is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to lazypucker For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 03:16 PM   #834
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Averaging 2 season tickets pre member is pretty damn good, especially considering the online outrage over season ticket prices. Awesome stuff. And for anyone getting game packs, that's good stuff too. Season tickets are a big commitment.

Old 01-17-2019, 05:43 PM   #835
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tommy Wheeldon was on Pinder and Steinberg talking about the signing of Minatel.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/960/pinder-...ional-signing/

The Following User Says Thank You to shermanator For This Useful Post:
Old 01-17-2019, 07:10 PM   #836
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Got my call. We've got 6 of us in the back of section 200.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 01:51 PM   #837
Johnny199r
First Line Centre

Exp:

I see Halifax is at 3000 season tickets so far. Any rumours about Calgary?
Johnny199r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 09:25 AM   #838
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I was expecting to get my call today, but I just received an email that technical difficulties with Ticketmaster mean that they are behind. They hope to call me at some point this week.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:47 PM   #839
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Think they're getting closer to the end. I know they're past #850 and possibly past #1000.

Old 01-22-2019, 08:19 AM   #840
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

I'm 544 or something. Yet to get a call.