Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2018, 04:39 PM   #81
Krynn
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I have to wait until the new year when i have the cash .i just spent the last of my mad money watching the stamps win the grey cup in Edmonton and partying with the buddy's. Was a great weekend
Krynn is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Krynn For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 05:21 PM   #82
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Got mine today also. #307

Last edited by Dion; 11-27-2018 at 05:30 PM.
Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #83
Bunk
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you get your regular plate as “no good” and then order an Oilers one later, would that work?
Old 11-27-2018, 06:53 PM   #84
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got mine today. Completely bent.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 08:10 PM   #85
Blankcanvas
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Ordered mine early on the 19th and it arrived today (#0103). I was pretty excited to get one and it looks great on my platinum grey VW Gti.
Blankcanvas is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blankcanvas For This Useful Post:
Old 11-27-2018, 09:26 PM   #86
wired
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Dont want to risk getting my new truck keyed by some mouth breathing greaser fan.
wired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:43 PM   #87
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wired View Post
Dont want to risk getting my new truck keyed by some mouth breathing greaser fan.
That’s my reservation about betting one as well.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:43 AM   #88
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC View Post
Mine came today.

I was at the registry as they opened first day of availability, and got a number high enough that it confirms my suspicions that they pre-allocated a bunch to some people though.

It's less than 100 though which is what I was hoping for some reason, and corresponds to a current Flame! Not sure if there's an actual issue with sharing your license plate number online?
I'm not sure they did, AC. I have a plate collector friend who ordered 15 of each, he got to the DMV early the first day they were available. His #s were in the 30's and 40's.

Another collector I know tried to use his "source" and was told they were just being sent straight from the factory so he couldn't reserve a #.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 07:56 AM   #89
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I got mine. As predicted it kind of looks like #### on my car due to the colors clashing but I don't care as I will have my car wear it proudly.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:03 AM   #90
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I got mine. As predicted it kind of looks like #### on my car due to the colors clashing but I don't care as I will have my car wear it proudly.
Tinted plates?

Not that I can get them, but I thought about those plates on a blue truck when I first saw them. They're gonna stand out, that's for sure.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 08:20 AM   #91
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Tinted plates?

Not that I can get them, but I thought about those plates on a blue truck when I first saw them. They're gonna stand out, that's for sure.
I've never been a tinted plates guy. I don't like the idea of providing the authorities any reason to randomly pull me over. I have a black license plate frame around it which mitigates things somewhat. At least in Alberta we don't have to worry about unsightly front plates.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:08 AM   #92
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
I've never been a tinted plates guy. I don't like the idea of providing the authorities any reason to randomly pull me over. I have a black license plate frame around it which mitigates things somewhat. At least in Alberta we don't have to worry about unsightly front plates.
Off-topic, but reminded me of a recent road trip to Vancouver this past summer. I found myself at a red light, and needed to turn right. I didn't see the "no right turn" sign, so proceeded with the turn. That's when I saw the bright flash - there was a camera to catch drivers who made the illegal turn. Fortunately, it was positioned in the front (by the light), and designed to photograph the front license plate. Felt pretty happy after that.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to psyang For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 09:12 AM   #93
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Aside: I've always run tinted plates and never had an issue with authorities around here.

Onside:
Hopefully this isn't Debbie Downer... but I wish they went with something like this:
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2018, 10:01 AM   #94
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think I've seen three on vehicle around town now. They don't look nearly as bad in real life as I thought they would based on the images. I still wish there were more choices from the Alberta Gov't for personalizing (schools, other teams, parks etc.).
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 08:03 PM   #95
Fleury’sOTGoalCelebration
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got mine registered and put on today (#447)
Old 01-24-2019, 05:51 PM   #96
Radio
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got mine recently. love the numbers, '89 specials FA(Fleury)(Vernon).
Old 01-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #97
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
Off-topic, but reminded me of a recent road trip to Vancouver this past summer. I found myself at a red light, and needed to turn right. I didn't see the "no right turn" sign, so proceeded with the turn. That's when I saw the bright flash - there was a camera to catch drivers who made the illegal turn. Fortunately, it was positioned in the front (by the light), and designed to photograph the front license plate. Felt pretty happy after that.
Continuing the off topicness - Those cameras cant actually be used to give out fines. the previous-previous Gov tried to do it when I moved out here 10 years ago and after they installed a bunch it got denied and they had to turn them off. The do use them for ICBC claims as evidence if you ran a red light sorta thing.

At least that's how it was explained to me...

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #98
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

My car needs to be registered again and I was thinking of switching over to a Flames license plate. Was wondering if anyone knew the lead team for getting the new plate. I don't want to register two different plates, naturally.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 01:09 PM   #99
swo2k1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
My car needs to be registered again and I was thinking of switching over to a Flames license plate. Was wondering if anyone knew the lead team for getting the new plate. I don't want to register two different plates, naturally.
It took about 2 weeks to receive my Flames plate in the mail.
swo2k1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2019, 02:11 PM   #100
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GranteedEV View Post
Mine took a week when they first came out.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to habernac For This Useful Post: